British Speedway Forum

Hancock Banned After Attacking An "innocent" Man As He Was Out Riding His Bike

SCB

If the worst thing a rider does is wave at a rider during a race a few times then I'd say he's pretty tame. When I saw it I laughed. We then got a bit of handbags after the race. If all meeting had a bit of this the sport would be more interesting!

But to me it shows that the riders full attention isn't on track, and more on the opponent they're gesturing at.

Nothing wrong with a bit of handbags once the race has finished, But I do think that a riders concentration for the 60 second or so they're hurtling round the track should be fully on the race in hand, and not on what has happened during or before it.

But to me it shows that the riders full attention isn't on track, and more on the opponent they're gesturing at.

Nothing wrong with a bit of handbags once the race has finished, But I do think that a riders concentration for the 60 second or so they're hurtling round the track should be fully on the race in hand, and not on what has happened during or before it.

That makes no sense, otherwise there would never be any team riding, never any defensive riding and rarely overtaking.

The best riders are capable of racing their race and seeing that their opponents are doing at the same time.

Seeing their opponents is all part of the concentration of the race, being aware and in control. In my opinion I think Tai's concentration wasn't fully on the race with KK. He wasn't fully focused but was more interested in gesticulating to him about being moved out wide than, than worrying where other riders were on track. Why not wait until the race had ended before you start remonstrating? The sport is dangerous enough as it is.

Obviously from his actions during and post race, Woffinden.

I think KK was waiting for Tai as he came off the Track. I would say that the main instigator after the Race was KK - why - I don't know.

I did wonder whether there was previous between the two, and Tai was gesticulating to 'come on try to pass me'. I've seen Holder do it.