British Speedway Forum

Hancock Banned After Attacking An "innocent" Man As He Was Out Riding His Bike

SCB

While I agree Greg should have a minor punishment for his action, as a Greg fan since his first rides at Dudley Wood way back, he should have put NP into another country the hard way and at least a short stay in hospital. It is about time that all and sundry stopped thinking that NP is a god and put a stop to his on track antics, he has always never been at fault in his own head and, funnily, never really got hurt except for the usual Speedway injuries for his troubles.

Edited by berniev123
  • Like 1

obviously im a fan of greg but imagine if this had been the other way round. I reckon nicki would have got a 3 month ban!!!!!!!

And Nicki would've thoroughly deserved it for years of causing trouble of some kind or other. Whereas Greg has made one transgression in his entire career, so deserved to get off lightly.

While I agree Greg should have a minor punishment for his action, as a Greg fan since his first rides at Dudley Wood way back, he should have out NP into another country the hard way and at least a short stay in hospital. It is about time that all and sundry stopped thinking that NP is a god and put a stop to his on track antics, he has always never been at fault in his own head and, funnily, never really got hurt except for the usual Speedway injuries for his troubles.

Yeah mate we can tell that you are a Greg fan... Check in a mental hospital before you hurt someone.

• Like 2

Yeah mate we can tell that you are a Greg fan... Check in a mental hospital before you hurt someone.

I am a Cradley fan through & through so I have had a few visits to the local Institute (Barnsley Hall) in my time! If Wolves fans can't stand NP who then does? I bet his time will come before he jacks it in, as he will find another 'brick wall'!!!!!

If it was just one isolated incident then yes, Hancock would've been out of order doing what he did. It wasn't though was it, Pedersen has been making reckless moves on riders, including Hancock for years.

Everybody has their breaking point, if it wasn't Greg it would've been anyone of a number of other riders he's rubbed up the wrong way over the years, lets face it, it's quite a list!

Gollob used to knock riders off left, right and centre until a 'quiet word from Boycie' calmed him down.

Judging by the way he cowardly kicked that middle-aged geezer and ran off in Poland, and then a couple of days later starts waving his arm about and retires from a race in Sweden when he's cleanly passed by Laguta, proves in Nicki's case, once a prat...always a prat!

You was doing so well, then mentioned Gollob!! only joking mate

• Like 1

So the rule is in Speedway ;- You can attack another rider with a lethal weapon but you mustn't retaliate with a harmless Rugby takcle. That about sums it up I think.

It does if you want the sport to die, very rarely have any passing and have no contact ever between riders.

• Like 1

So the rule is in Speedway ;- You can attack another rider with a lethal weapon but you mustn't retaliate with a harmless Rugby takcle. That about sums it up I think.

Outside of speedway In the real world greg would be facing serious charges of assault and there is no defence for gregs actions.

• Like 3

Outside of speedway In the real world greg would be facing serious charges of assault and there is no defence for gregs actions.

I completely agree. It always seems "Mr nice" can't do any wrong. However if that had been any other rider then people would be calling for a stronger punishment.

• Like 3

While I agree Greg should have a minor punishment for his action, as a Greg fan since his first rides at Dudley Wood way back, he should have put NP into another country the hard way and at least a short stay in hospital. It is about time that all and sundry stopped thinking that NP is a god and put a stop to his on track antics, he has always never been at fault in his own head and, funnily, never really got hurt except for the usual Speedway injuries for his troubles.

A stay in hospital. Really !!!

• Like 1

And your opinion is advocating assaulting people.. brilliant.

Your view is to let a regular offender away with murder, even you have to admit Witcher Pedersen has pushed people to the limit for years.Interesting last night i noticed with Laguta he backed off at times knowing this bloke won't back off. Edited by sidney

Anyone who advocates putting someone in hospital is the absolute lowest of the low. If British Speedway has benefited from anything recently it's the fact the whole Cradley thing has started to stutter. It rids of us loony tunes like you passing themselves off as "die hards".

• Like 7

Pedersen made a hard move on Hancock, Hancock didn't like it and clumped Pedersen. Hancock was fined, that shouldve been the end of the matter IMO.

Never like to look at years gone by and claim it was always better then, but with riders now being red carded or banned from meetings there would riders from years gone who would spend more time banned than riding.

• Like 2

Pedersen made a hard move on Hancock, Hancock didn't like it and clumped Pedersen. Hancock was fined, that shouldve been the end of the matter IMO.

Never like to look at years gone by and claim it was always better then, but with riders now being red carded or banned from meetings there would riders from years gone who would spend more time banned than riding.

I can think of two three in Black and Gold race Jackets that might have copped a ban