British Speedway Forum

Peugeot International- Glasgow 16 August

Well you either pay it or you don't , yes it's a bit steep , but you are getting 7 more races .

Spot on Paulco; 15 heats for a league match with 12-14 riders costs £15 at Glasgow. Its obvious 22 heats with 16 riders must cost more.

it's good PR by banging on about this £10,000 prize fund wich is shared between the riders. But for £20 the line up is petty poor.

I look forward to the line-up for the Scottish Open - seem to remember the monarchs charge more for this than for there league matches. At Glasgow in a modernised stadium its normally £15 for 15 heats; £20 for 22 heats would seem reasonable.

• Like 1

Well the weather forecast is great, for once :lol: . looking forward to a burger and chips and a few :drink: tomorrow at the Peugeot stadium. Clearly Craig Cook is the favourite but you can't have everything :cry: A pity that some of the original line-up had to pull out cos of injury but these things happen. Glad that riders that have guested for us have been invited. Josh normally does well and Richie Worral had a brilliant meeting a few weeks ago.

Forecast big crowd; Michael and Jimmy have problems with the Slovenians name and 1st Craig Cook; 2nd Richard L; 3rd Josh G

Well the weather forecast is great, for once :lol: . looking forward to a burger and chips and a few :drink: tomorrow at the Peugeot stadium. Clearly Craig Cook is the favourite but you can't have everything :cry: A pity that some of the original line-up had to pull out cos of injury but these things happen. Glad that riders that have guested for us have been invited. Josh normally does well and Richie Worral had a brilliant meeting a few weeks ago.

Forecast big crowd; Michael and Jimmy have problems with the Slovenians name and 1st Craig Cook; 2nd Richard L; 3rd Josh G

Good point about the guests.

Look after those that look after you.

Hope you had a bet on this

• Like 2

Superb afternoon for Captain Cookie..through the card at Slashfield and in some style..get in :party: Hope everyone enjoyed it and showed their appreciation..even the homers lol :P

Not that inviting him added more punters through the gate of course!

Glad you all enjoyed his talent though.

Not that inviting him added more punters through the gate of course!

Glad you all enjoyed his talent though.

That old myth. Exact how many additional Edinburgh punters other than the good few who attend most Sundays were there today?

Super crowd in attendance yet again, a few blue and gold but nothing to sustain the we need each other crap that still gets spouted.

Great final, Cook last to first over four laps snatching it from Lawson on the line, but a deserved winner none the less. Unsportsmanlike of Lawson to pull off the track rather than acknowledge Cook as the winner.

22 heats completed in 2hrs 50mins despite Dishington being the ref!

My only experience of Glasgow speedway was the old White City track. Your new home sounds good.

it's good PR by banging on about this £10,000 prize fund wich is shared between the riders. But for £20 the line up is petty poor.

I dunno so much Blobby. After all a quid is only worth about 30p these days.

And, if my memory serves me correctly, speedway admission prices generally seem to have frozen and stayed flat over the last ten years or so whereas wages and salaries (in the UK economy in general that is) have doubled in that time. So in real terms the speedway admission price has fallen over the last several years..... I can see you're convinced. ;)

As to the line-up its a far better line-up than the usual PL serving of a couple of heat leaders, guests of varying quality, the rest made of r/r, a second string and a couple of reserves per side.

So anyway, have I convinced you yet?!! :D

Seems to have been a good meeting and congrats to Cook on winning it.

Lawson didn't congratulate cookie?

Disgraceful.

Would be worth a dozen pages of vitriol on BSF if cookie had done that.

He got so much grief on the Berwick thread last night for being slow to congratulate doolan.

Hi there Scotsman,

I share your disgust and/or dismay at there being a lack of handshakes and congratulation exchanges between riders these days. However, I regret to say that I've found the biggest culprit to be Cook - I've lost count of the number of times Cook has failed to congratulate an opponent that has beaten him and indeed I've never seen him do it at all, it just doesn't seem to be in his nature - I'm sure you will disagree but I'm sorry that's what I've seen for myself.

For me Les Collins was a gentleman and a true sportsman but I've felt for some time that Cook would do well to emulate the conduct of Collins and its in that department that I feel Cook has a long long way to go.

As to Lawson not congratulating Cook today, that appears contrary to what's quoted of Richard Lawson on the Glasgow website whereby he appears to sportingly acknowledge Cook, acknowledging how well Cook rode, and giving Cook credit for the manoeuvre to pass him.

But yes, sportingly offering an actual handshake or whatever on track - yes there seems to be rather less of it about these days sadly.

Edited by justere2cgoodspeedway

Lawson pulled off the track immediately after the race, apologies if i misled people. He has clearly acknowledged Cook with a stupendous ride. Im sure it was disappointment on Richards part than anything else.

Back to PL duty next Sunday with the visit of Somerset, i hope Morris isnt as rusty as he was today. No Kauko makes it a tough one for us!