British Speedway Forum

Berwick 2016

These cruciate ligaments take a while.

Was not aware of the nature of his injury,how can you even contemplate making a return after a couple of weeks if it is as serious an injury,like he did.

Ps

That's not the question I was asking.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1

According to Anders fb page he has been putting some practice in.

• Like 1

Very much doubt he has done (ruptured/torn) his ACL if he is practicing already....they dont let you think about cycling after the op until 3 months or so of rehab has been completed. If he has done it and is practicing then hes taking a big gamble from my experience.... Or its been minor and not needed an op to see if it will mend its self.... Still very early days even for that injury but.

Edited by Arson fire
  • Like 2

Have listened to Theo Pjiper about him, and I trust his judgement, certainly worth a punt.

Theo's previous two recommendations of David Bellego & Dimitri Berge, are currently prospering, so certainly worth a punt on Romano Hummel.

• Like 3

Future new Bandits, especially younger ones, will be able to avail themselves of as many laps as they need, all day, every day, when the Berwick Speedway Academy is up and running in the not-too-distant future.

Possibly the best thing to happen to speedway in this area in a long time

• Like 1

Regarding a rupture to the ACL I am currently in my 7 week post op of an ACL replacement and I have just been able to fully complete a turn on a gym bycicle, I would be very surprised if he is already practicing as it takes tremendous effort to do things such as re-train your leg to move correctly when walking etc

Regarding a rupture to the ACL I am currently in my 7 week post op of an ACL replacement and I have just been able to fully complete a turn on a gym bycicle, I would be very surprised if he is already practicing as it takes tremendous effort to do things such as re-train your leg to move correctly when walking etc

Obviously his injury isn't as bad as it could've been or described on here, hopefully he comes back either at Berwick or some where else and is able to complete the season injury free.

Theo's previous two recommendations of David Bellego & Dimitri Berge, are currently prospering, so certainly worth a punt on Romano Hummel.

Yes, and he could have signed instead of Bager if they had takenn Theos reccomendation when he gave it , if that had happened he would now be settled into the team. I believe we only lose him once against Rye House to Long Track world championship.

Go on his fb page and see for yourself

Yes after looking at this he has not had an operation on it hence why he is not having to go through the same stages, it seems to me that he is trying to rebuild the leg muscles and strengthen them without the operation as this is possible but not as good of a fix.

Yes after looking at this he has not had an operation on it hence why he is not having to go through the same stages, it seems to me that he is trying to rebuild the leg muscles and strengthen them without the operation as this is possible but not as good of a fix.

If hat is the case I don't think practicing on a speedway bike is a good form of exercise for building leg muscles.!