British Speedway Forum

Berwick 2016

Hopefully carry on last night's good performance at Sheffield on Thursday 😄😄😄😄

• Like 2

Hopefully this will be a move which will pay dividends for the future, but I have my concerns for the team in the short term. This isn't a team that can afford to carry any passengers, especially with the heat leaders mis-firing. Hopefully the young lad will come good and be a Berwick asset for years to come, but having lost their last two home meetings, this is a big moment in the season. A very young reserve pairing this weekend anyway.

Hopefully this will be a move which will pay dividends for the future, but I have my concerns for the team in the short term. This isn't a team that can afford to carry any passengers, especially with the heat leaders mis-firing. Hopefully the young lad will come good and be a Berwick asset for years to come, but having lost their last two home meetings, this is a big moment in the season. A very young reserve pairing this weekend anyway.

Not an easy decision, but you have to take a risk, and this years line up really didn't have a lot of hope from the beginning, at very best 8th or 9 th, looks likely now not to be even that good. So well done for taking a risk, especially if he becomes a new asset.

• Like 1

"Romano, provided he gets approval to start his British career from the Dutch authorities, and the BSPA approve Berwick’s amended line-up, will assume an assessed match average of 5.00, which will be adjust after he completed four home matches, plus another four away."

I thought assessed riders didn't drop below a 5 now?

• Like 1

Not an easy decision, but you have to take a risk, and this years line up really didn't have a lot of hope from the beginning, at very best 8th or 9 th, looks likely now not to be even that good. So well done for taking a risk, especially if he becomes a new asset.

I agree Taffy, must have been a very tough decision to make, but great to see new young rider coming in hopefully a new asset.

For me, I always enjoy seeing young riders coming into the team and watching them progress.

Coty being one example.

Welcome to Berwick Romano!

I wonder what song the 3rd bend guys will come up with for him!

• Like 2

"Romano, provided he gets approval to start his British career from the Dutch authorities, and the BSPA approve Berwick’s amended line-up, will assume an assessed match average of 5.00, which will be adjust after he completed four home matches, plus another four away."

I thought assessed riders didn't drop below a 5 now?

He might get a 6 average :P

Well done to Berwick for trying to bring on new talent. There is always something special about seeing the progress of a new rider, regardless of their nationality. I am sure with Pijper in his corner he will come on tons. Best of luck to the lad.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 2