British Speedway Forum

Berwick 2016

One thing I noticed about Scott last night was how he interacted with the riders.
TJ is clearly having problems at the gate, and Scott appeared to be working hard to help him with this.

He's a sharp guy, knows his speedway, and will grow into one of the best team managers around; I'm sure of that.

One thing I noticed about Scott last night was how he interacted with the riders.

TJ is clearly having problems at the gate, and Scott appeared to be working hard to help him with this.

He's a sharp guy, knows his speedway, and will grow into one of the best team managers around; I'm sure of that.

riders of Screenys calibre didnt cut it as managers in recent times... Dont build your hopes up, coaching young kids is one thing, but these are seasoned international riders, half of them will have forgot more than Scott knows.... Imo.
  • Like 3

If I have a comment, Scott needs to be a lot harder on his riders, they are there to do a job, and Scotts job is to make sure they do it. Remember you are the boss not their mate. Apart from that, Scott is on a learning curve, and is more than capable of learning by any mistakes made, which I am pretty sure there will be.

• Like 4

With Palm Toft available once again with the Cook to Peterbourgh move back on I really hope Berwick do the sensible thing and move for Palm Toft before someone beats them to it..

I think it would be a wise move MPT unlucky to lose his team place ,all part of the numbers game to get Cookie in. I can't see him being in the shop window for long

why go after an under performing rider ?

That's not nice we know your still bitter about him signing for your lot last season and then changing his mind but that's no reason to put him down . I honestly believe whoever gets him on board will not be regretting it .

• Like 2

I think it would be a wise move MPT unlucky to lose his team place ,all part of the numbers game to get Cookie in. I can't see him being in the shop window for long

That's not nice we know your still bitter about him signing for your lot last season and then changing his mind but that's no reason to put him down . I honestly believe whoever gets him on board will not be regretting it .

that was a genuine question .

As he lives in that neck of woods the wise money would be on move to a track he normally goes on-Rye House

I believe he is living somewhere in Yorkshire these days, although I would imagine it will be between Berwick Rye House ,and Scunthorpe who sign him and as Scunthorpe own his contract and are about to make changes I would make them favourites. I also know he has been in touch with a club wishing to sign him but will say no more until it has been rubber stamped.

Obviously you think Bager is better then I think MPT would be a cracking signing.

I believe he is living somewhere in Yorkshire these days, although I would imagine it will be between Berwick Rye House ,and Scunthorpe who sign him and as Scunthorpe own his contract and are about to make changes I would make them favourites. I also know he has been in touch with a club wishing to sign him but will say no more until it has been rubber stamped.

Well hopefully that club is Berwick.

• Like 1

Jenga you are a proper bloody wind up merchant , on may 5th you were suggesting that Berwick TM had made a big mistake signing Bager when there was a much better option in MPT , Now your asking the above question ,( just where are you coming from or are you just stirring up the Bandits supporters.?) PS there's a genuine question for you .

Can see Jengas point, wind up or not. MPT is underperforming, but if I had the choice of him or Bager, there's no doubt who I'd want my team to sign.

Edited by Shads
  • Like 1

Can see Jengas point, wind up or not. MPT is underperforming, but if I had the choice of him or Bager, there's no doubt who I'd want my team to sign.

MPT started the season on 5. 96 and it has gone down to 5.71 . He's not underperforming by much is he . In his last 2 meetings he 's scored 8+1 from 6 rides at away Plymouth and score 8+1 home Sheffield . That's why maybe Berwick fans are interested.

Edited by New era Panthers
  • Like 1

MPT started the season on 5. 96 and it has gone down to 5.71 . He's not underperforming by much is he . In his last 2 meetings he 's scored 8+1 from 6 rides at away Plymouth and score 8+1 home Sheffield . That's why maybe Berwick fans are interested.

I'd gladly take him at Rye House in place of our underperforming Dane

Hard to see other than the numbers game why Peterborough let him go on those figures , now hes looking for another contract his scores have improved again much the same as when he came in to temporarily replace Roynon

• Like 1