British Speedway Forum

Berwick 2016

What are we meant to do exactly? sell it for them or do their jobs for them? it's up to them wether they sell it, keep it, or heaven forbit bin it, I sincerely hope they do not do the latter but we can't do it for them...

I took Angus's post as being in part addressed to the factions who (and it isn't denied) declined to help the current promotion pay bills while using the club's name to raise funds for other purposes. The suggestion being, everyone who wants to have speedway at Berwick must pull in the same direction.

I took Angus's post as being in part addressed to the factions who (and it isn't denied) declined to help the current promotion pay bills while using the club's name to raise funds for other purposes. The suggestion being, everyone who wants to have speedway at Berwick must pull in the same direction.

How many fans sitting in the Grandstand know the financial goings on at the club though.I certainly don't,that's the Promotions business .
  • Like 1

This is a strange statement as probably only 2 organisations The 2012 club who are a small group that put momey in every month by standing order for one specific aim, to support riders. The other is the BBSC, and yes I know it stands for Berwick Bandits Supporters Club, but what else would you call it, they do raise money and they do support Berwick speedway in the way they as a group feel fit. For me a Supporters club should always be independant of the club, and use it's money where they feel, fit as a group of fans, not for the club to dictate how it should be spent. I remember when PW took over and we re-started the supporters club, the first 2 achievments were to raise enough money to pay firstly for Moggos loan fee and then Mick Powells, but the club was not generally involved in paying speedway day to day bills. The same members give their time to the club every Saturday in many roles such as working in the burger van, hospitality and around the track etc. surely if there was a beef with the promotion they would not do these jobs. It isn't, but if it were me running the club, I would approach the BBSC, place the situation on the table openly and honestly, and ask them how they are willing to help.

• Like 3

If anybody.......anybody out there has the foggiest idea what on earth this post is on about could you please explain, as it has me beaten.

I've heard of talking in your sleep, but posting on the internet in your sleep? That's a new one

I've said it before. He's either doing a very good impression of an idiot, or he's a full blown loon

Edited by Shads
  • Like 3

Reading rumours on other threads, there seems to be radical change on the cards at the up and coming conference for the make up of all three leagues. Rumours suggest that four current PL clubs will move into the EL with two current EL clubs heading the other way. Also it is suggested that two current PL clubs will drop into the NL. Berwick are unlikely to be one of the clubs heading towards next years EL (usual crew please note this is not a dig at the current promotion) but how do people feel about Berwick dropping to NL level. So far from statements from the club the NL scenario has been off the agenda, however if these changes happen, surely it should be considered, at least it would keep speedway in Berwick, and there`s no reason why they cant move up should British speedway get back on its feet.

Reading rumours on other threads, there seems to be radical change on the cards at the up and coming conference for the make up of all three leagues. Rumours suggest that four current PL clubs will move into the EL with two current EL clubs heading the other way. Also it is suggested that two current PL clubs will drop into the NL. Berwick are unlikely to be one of the clubs heading towards next years EL (usual crew please note this is not a dig at the current promotion) but how do people feel about Berwick dropping to NL level. So far from statements from the club the NL scenario has been off the agenda, however if these changes happen, surely it should be considered, at least it would keep speedway in Berwick, and there`s no reason why they cant move up should British speedway get back on its feet.

Rumours!! Why not wait till after the Conference then discuss it won't be rumours then it will be facts.
  • Like 2

I think the current have made it very clear what is required to keep speedway alive.

Have they not?

Kent going EL, Lakeside NL

If it means speedway continues at Berwick, I don't care which league they ride in. Would prefer it if they stayed in the Premier, but if National League is the affordable option, then I'm all for it. Like I've said before, the sport needs more young local riders getting involved. This could be the window.

• Like 2

It was made rather clear that if there were no buyer, that NL was not one of the options.

I'm not sure whether or not some folk are in a state of denial with the situation.

What if there is a buyer though?.would the present Promotion rather close Berwick down than sell it to someone who was interested in keeping speedway going even if it was NL.
  • Like 1

What if there is a buyer though?.would the present Promotion rather close Berwick down than sell it to someone who was interested in keeping speedway going even if it was NL.

I hadn't though of that permutation. I guess that could be the case.

Better than nothing right enough.