British Speedway Forum

Berwick 2016

Thoughts for Berwick number 8 Kieran Douglas. who had a bad crash in heat 1 at Buxton which got the meeting called off.

I believe it was his maiden appearance in an MDL meeting, and he has a broken back along with other related injuries. All the best Kieran on your full recovery.

• Like 5

Thoughts for Berwick number 8 Kieran Douglas. who had a bad crash in heat 1 at Buxton which got the meeting called off.

I believe it was his maiden appearance in an MDL meeting, and he has a broken back along with other related injuries. All the best Kieran on your full recovery.

There`s an update on Berwick`s Facebook page on his condition, if all goes well with MRI scans he will be allowed home to recover, worse case is that he will require an operation.

• Like 1

Best wishes to a young rider i've enjoyed watching in the NJL meetings. Hopefully a full recovery.

• Like 3

There is an update on Berwick`s Facebook page on Kieran, in it it says after having MRI scans Kieran and his family had a choice of have surgery or being fitted with a brace that would have to be worn for eight weeks. as there was a small chance of long term problems with surgery they have decided to have the brace fitted, all being well Kieran will be home by the weekend.

• Like 1

Anyone got any tips/help.

Looking at coming up for Edinburgh/Berwick on 12/13 August anyone got any tips on hotels etc. Looking at driving up, found a couple of bed and breakfasts, stay 15 minutes from track on Friday then drive to Berwick and spend the night there.

Is that the best way to do it? I mean hotels for 2 adults, so far found 140 quid?

Just if any locals had any tips or help would be great.

Looking at coming up for Edinburgh/Berwick on 12/13 August anyone got any tips on hotels etc. Looking at driving up, found a couple of bed and breakfasts, stay 15 minutes from track on Friday then drive to Berwick and spend the night there.

Is that the best way to do it? I mean hotels for 2 adults, so far found 140 quid?

Edinburgh area in August is very expensive because Festival & Fringe are in full swing.

If you are travelling up, might be better finding accomodation in Berwick or East Lothian, just going up to Armadale for the meeting and back to base afterwards?

• Like 1

Travel lodge in Berwick

• Like 1

Cara House in Berwick, lovely bed and breakfast where both home and away riders stay, tey are sponsors of Berwick and are Seb's main aponsors, 2 minute walk from town centre with pubs across the road
  • Like 3

8-51 to play with once new averages come into play. Just a case of who is available, can't think of any British riders so probably looking at Swedish or Danish replacement.

Quite confident that Scott will do his upmost to get a suitable replacement for the unfortunate Seb.

Hope Fromafar doesn't get too upset with whoever gets signed as a replacement. Must add hope Seb gets well soon. Edited by SharpenRake