British Speedway Forum

Rye House 2016

Thought it was common knowledge. I've heard he's Poole bound though

Wherever he ends up next year if won't be at Rye House. I have a feeling a few weeks of the entourage would've put em off

Edited by Shads

Wherever he ends up next year if won't be at Rye House. I have a feeling a few weeks of the entourage would've put em off

Sounds like Rye aren't the only ones. This taken from the Peterborough thread..

The ‘Why was Robert Lambert sacked?’ poser also received plenty of air-time with Rathbone insisting: “No-one is bigger than Peterborough Speedway even if they think they are.

“Robert is a quality rider, but we did not enjoy our time working alongside him and decided as a club to bring it to an end.”

My mate wasn't allowed in the car park last week - apparently it was blue badge holders only ??????

When I arrived the car park was nearly full and one of the Stewards, probably due to my grey hair and beard, politely asked if I was disabled. When I replied that I wasn't I was directed to one of the few remaining spaces whereas I think if I had answered yes I would have been allowed into the area inside the actual stadium itself. Possibly this is how the confusion arose.

When I arrived the car park was nearly full and one of the Stewards, probably due to my grey hair and beard, politely asked if I was disabled. When I replied that I wasn't I was directed to one of the few remaining spaces whereas I think if I had answered yes I would have been allowed into the area inside the actual stadium itself. Possibly this is how the confusion arose.

That's a new one on me

He is more regular than me and normally gets there 1 hour before the meeting - there were plenty of spaces but was told that the attendants had just been informed "Blue Badge Holders only" so he parked further down the road.

He was totally pissed off because his wife struggles to walk long distances and there were spaces galore as they slowly made there way in.

If that is the case then they will not be going next year, shame to loose such loyal people as them :cry:

My only thought was were the attendants confused and they meant BB Holders only inside the stadium?

Edited by DragonsDen

He was totally pissed off because his wife struggles to walk long distances and there were spaces galore as they slowly made there way in.

If that is the case then they will not be going next year, shame to loose such loyal people as them :cry:

Drop her off at the entrance and then go and park the car. I'm sure she'll be safe for a few minutes. It's not the Bronx

• Like 2

Not sure what the opposite of a tug-of-war is but we've won it.

Not sure how to feel to be honest. Len was a safe hand on the tiller, but the club was going backwards. I hope the new promoters know what they're doing

• Like 3

Two title winning teams since the Rockets' return to the Premier League in 2002 have to be applauded, we've had more success than a lot of teams have in the last ten years and seen riders such as Tai and Linus Sundstrom come through the club.

Things had started to go stale though and many will see the dropping of Jason Doyle for Steve Boxall as a turning point, along with the rant on the mic that went with it.

Hopefully the new broom being swept through will reinvigorate our speedway team and Kent will benefit from having Len's full attention.

Time will tell.

• Like 5

Yes well lets hope the new broom has a few more bristles than the last time Len left. Russell had the benefit of a well versed Brother but took Rye to the wall without too much difficulty. Lets hope the new mob know a little more than they claim to which is basically nought. Still they filled the car park potholes by the time the season finished so can't be all bleak.

Before knocking Len Silver i'd like to say thanks for the memories with three League titles after his enforced move from Rayleigh. Thanks for providing me with plenty of excitement from the like of Garrad Hubbard Fiala Mullarkey Cox.....the list is endless. So it went south in the latter part of his tenure but without Silver at the helm there would have been no Rye House speedway. Sometimes when reading some pretty negative comments i wonder if thats what some contributors actually wanted. Fingers crossed for next season.

• Like 2

Len Silver reminds me a little of Arsene Wenger. Both had early success, but not much to speak of in recent years. Both very strong minded, some may say arrogant. Both like Marmite, either love em or hate em

Edited by Shads
  • Like 2

Careful what you wish for, I am not a fan of the old fool but team BMR are not speedway people & Steve is a disaster waiting to happen, without any experienced speedway personnel there I fear for your future.

Quite right, look at the brilliant job the experienced speedway personnel have just done to turn the decline of Speedway round for next season...

• Like 1

Not sure how to feel to be honest. Len was a safe hand on the tiller, but the club was going backwards. I hope the new promoters know what they're doing

I'd have liked the partnership to have lasted more than one season so I hope they've got someone with a knowledge of the sport helping them. However, when you see how successful their car racing team is it will hopefully be exciting times ahead.

Hopefully all those fans who stayed away because of Len will come back because if the club is to be a success it's needs a good fan base.

• Like 1