British Speedway Forum

Rye House 2016

Branford is guesting for Karger, it's purely incidental that he rides for the Raiders, he can't be number eight anyway as he has a PL average over three.

Hunter could also be used as number eight for the meeting, though that depends on how he is after his injury at Birmingham in the week. If he isn't fit then we should be naming Priest at eight for the Redcar match, he'll be in the stadium anyway so it makes sense to name a number eight.

Rye House have named George Hunter as their number 8, so logically it should be him?

He's injured. Anyway, when did logic and speedway ever go together? Heat 15 at Glasgow today for example

Anyway, when did logic and speedway ever go together? Heat 15 at Glasgow today for example

I certainly can't disagree with a word of that, but call me a romantic if you like, I still hold out hope that one day it may return. :)

So, two months into the 2016 season, how do Rye House fans view events and progress both on and off track and what other suggestions have any of them got to progress things, again, both on and off track?

IMO, Rye House supporters are very lucky to have such a progressive, forward thinking and customer centric promotion in charge now. Steve, Emma and the rest of the Team BMW crew have really bought into the sport and have, again IMO, only the Club, the fans and the riders' best interests at heart.

The atmosphere is totally different much more positive and with stadia alterations going as well.

We are not a club that sacks riders for glory so I hope that continues as this year should be about building home form.

Let's hope Kargers first heat win wasn't a fluke !

So, two months into the 2016 season, how do Rye House fans view events and progress both on and off track and what other suggestions have any of them got to progress things, again, both on and off track?

On the track team building didn't quite work out as planned due to various factors. Too much reliance on Kennett, but the team as a whole is far more consistent than last year. The team look a lot happier these days. Peter Schroeck has installed a great team spirit

Off the track the stadium is taking shape slowly, but surely. Pretty sure you won't recognise the place this time next year.

It's great to see so many smiling faces around the place for a change.

Edited by Shads
  • Like 2

I think team building made it clear that the promotion are still new to the speedway game, seemingly expecting Rob Lambert to sign and also letting NBJ go were huge errors. The signing of Karger was also an error, it pushed Kasper into the main team and the bloke is also a dud (one race win over Masters is no justification for his signing). That said Len Silver has been guilty of plenty of huge errors on the team building front too, dropping Jason Doyle for Steve Boxall being one and not using Jason Garrity at reserve when on a four point odd average being another, not mentioning constantly coming in under the points limit. Hopefully next winter the new promotion will see where they've gone wrong and know more about what is required to build a winning speedway team.

Track improvements have been top of the agenda it seems which is absolutely the right way to go, people go to speedway to watch the racing first and foremost and they are much more understanding about the rest of their surroundings being a work in progress if the racing is of a good standard. A training track being built shows the commitment to the future of speedway at Rye House and developing our own riders. There will be bumps in the road but it seems like things are moving in a good direction.

Early days still.

Better atmosphere around the place for sure & a few familiar faces have returned. Much better spirit & atmosphere between the riders & management. Racing has been very good so far & track alterations have worked. More dirt needs to be put down though as track has been too slick. Rain has been around for most meetings though so I'll let the new promotion have this issue for the moment.

The place is a bomb site. No idea what there going to do with it, but any newbies who turn up will be shocked at the lack of facilities. The promotion need to spell out what's going to happen. The only thing you can see so far is the KTM dealership. Communication in the media & particularly social media hasn't been good so far in their reign. What's going to happen with the stadium?

Team building was a shambles over the winter & the new promotion showed their naivety. Karger & Lanham were poor signings.

I like the attitude of the new Glasgow promotion & use them as a yard stick for BMR. The Glasgow promotion are ruthless with riders & will only accept a winning side. Made the play off final in their first season. They sorted their stadium straight away & made drastic improvements.

It will be interesting to see if BMR want to win things & be ruthless with riders not doing their jobs. I have my doubts so far but it's a wait & see.

In summary, ok so far. Better atmosphere but lots lots more to do at the club.

Edited by Chris
  • Like 1

They're actually very quick to respond on social media. Why don't you pop on Facebook to the Rye House fans page and ask them!

They're actually very quick to respond on social media. Why don't you pop on Facebook to the Rye House fans page and ask them!

• Like 2

Not on Facebook. The Twitter feed has been very poor. Not sure who is supposed to be updating it but both Facebook & Twitter are a crucial tool to keep the fans informed. Both need to be regularly updated rather then just one.

• Like 1

Social media interaction is good, however it should be consistent across both popular platforms (Facebook and Twitter). Personally I very rarely check Facebook for anything other than the Rye speedway group these days. Both these bases should be covered but regular updates on the website are a must too. People need to be told things from an official source and shouldn't be expected to pick up news from Facebook, not everybody uses either platform, most people can check the official website though.

I'm glad the quotes coming from "Team BMR" have stopped and that they are being made by the team manager. Glasgow are still a work in progress too, comparing us to them now doesn't make sense, either promotion could fall flat on their face yet, neither is a completed job. It strikes me that our promotion are trying to make the place self sufficient, looking to run more events at the stadium and opening a KTM(?) dealership at the stadium. The training track will bring in funds too and hopefully we'll see some riders come through that and progress into the Rockets' team in years to come. Kings Lynn would be a better measuring stick for us, they made their stadium a multi-purpose venue, cleaned up at PL level and have now moved up the the EL, I see us potentially doing something similar, although I'd happily stay PL while the EL is Elite in name only.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Can someone tell me why the Rye website has the rolling averages higher than those on the BSPA site...is Kasper now over 5 or still just under i find the difference confusing,??

Can someone tell me why the Rye website has the rolling averages higher than those on the BSPA site...is Kasper now over 5 or still just under i find the difference confusing,??

The Rye House website rolling averages are the upto date ones whereas the BSPA site ones are at the cut-off point for the particular period they run for.

As r & r said. Yesterday (20th) was the cut off date so the figures on the club site will be the official averages from July 1st.

Thanks for that lads ,so basically Kasper goes back to the main body of the team after the next 0fficial figurs as of the latest hes 4.95 for 1st july,,, probably with Kargers return in a week or two he may still be in the main body till then..

Shads, under stats ....

Edited by waco