British Speedway Forum

Rye House 2016

Well, you say that, but why hasn't it filtered through to the clubs/promoters after all these years? I've just moved close to Redcar's track and I've seen ONE poster so far - and that was for last year's meetings! Yeah, I know, that's Redcar for you. But I lived in Ware and followed Rye House for 4 years and never once saw an advert/poster for speedway! Many years in Edinburgh, never saw one once. Unless you buy a local paper, in many areas (I can't speak for all, obviously!), you might never know speedway existed!

i am a regular at the bike meets at the ace cafe and high beech and when i talk to other bikers about rye house speedway the response is always the same 'i didn't know it was still going'

To be fair they had a poster campaign in 2015, just didn't distribute the posters. Much better effort this year by the couple who were doing the advertising for the programme. It's taken about 6 years to listen, but better late than never. Onwards & Upwards

Advertising is a part of promotiing your business, not the whole, however, it is an important part of getting the message out to the interested public. If you don't get the information out in front of your customer base how does one expect them to know about it. Berwick is an example of a town that has a large influx of visitors during the speedway season, if you can attract at least some of the visitors to come along, they may become long term speedway fans in their own area. It's about getting the information out where the public will see it, pubs, cafes, tourist info centres holiday camps etc,.etc.,

At least everybody seems to be singing from the same hymn sheet now ,it's only a couple of seasons ago that this advertising in holiday centres etc was a waste of time among some of the people running the show.
  • Like 1

Press and Practice tomorrow, 16th, 11am, it will be interesting to see the track changes and I assume that we may start the season on Saturday with a new track record holder if the alterations that have been made have significantly altered the track.

Press and Practice tomorrow, 16th, 11am, it will be interesting to see the track changes and I assume that we may start the season on Saturday with a new track record holder if the alterations that have been made have significantly altered the track.

Don't think the kerb has been moved so the track size remains the same so i can't see a need to expunge the current record?

Certainly pleased the camber has gone.

Not sure really. Proper riders with knowledge of the track rarely got caught out by the camber, in fact if its dead flat then it may well make the second bend racing less interesting, time and a few races will tell i suppose

• Like 1

The camber used to produce some good passing opportunities, be it Robbo coming off it to utilise the inside line or Frampton riding the high line round it and scraping the boards at the exit. Was always a handy excuse for riders/fans for bad performances at Rye though.

Hopefully the track changes will see even more opportunities for good racing in the future.

• Like 1

Could not make p & p today due to work, but maybe somebody would be able to let us know how it went? Thanks

I was there for an hour. Didn't get going until around 12.30 after the riders had been presented with their new kevlars.

Decent turn out.

I was there for an hour. Didn't get going until around 12.30 after the riders had been presented with their new kevlars.

Decent turn out.

That was a very good turnout for P & P.

Track looked good, very smooth. Race suits look good. Stadium improvements coming along. Looks like exciting times.

That was a very good turnout for P & P.

Track looked good, very smooth. Race suits look good. Stadium improvements coming along. Looks like exciting times.

After being pessimistic during the winter I'm now looking forward to the forthcoming season. You can see that the new promotion are making off track improvements, albeit later than they probably wanted. Edited by Shads
  • Like 2

Impressive amount of improvements going on both on and off the track,,the more experienced riders looking fast and smooth,All bodes well for the future ,,Perhaps the posts on here will now become more positive..

• Like 2

After being pessimistic during the winter I'm now looking forward to the forthcoming season. You can see that the new promotion are making off track improvements, albeit later than they probably wanted.

I agree mate.

Impressive amount of improvements going on both on and off the track,,the more experienced riders looking fast and smooth,All bodes well for the future ,,Perhaps the posts on here will now become more positive..

I can't lie, I was one of those really worried but having now seen what is happening I think it could be really exciting times for the club.