British Speedway Forum

Rye House 2016

John was the most Honourable TM in the League, just wait till BMR have dealings with a few mercenary riders, then they'll see what Speedways like, still as soon as Guy Martin leads out the BMR flat track skyrockets, everything will be a distant memory.

guy wont be heading out any where on a bike this year , he is back on the spanners and other stuff .

Jenga, get your facts right.

its just what he said in an interview . dropped out of the iom etc . unaware he was doing flat track . his statement came before he said he was doing the flat track. can a leopard change its spots , NO .

• Like 1

I don't think Guy Martin is tied to the Celeb ways concerning money. If he does do the flat track it will be because he wants the kick not the money. Nothing on his website to say he will be doing it on the contrary since his last big accident he has toned down his Motorcycle work more or less completely, turning to pedal power this year. If he does put in an appearance as a flat track rider and it is well publicised then the attendance will beat any speedway crowd at Rye no doubt. He is easily among the top three most popular bike personalities in the world along with Rossi and McGuiness.

• Like 4

Never heard of Guy Martin and flat track is the most boring motorcycle sport i have ever seen ..If he,s not doing speedway whats all the fuss about ?

• Like 1

Never heard of Guy Martin and flat track is the most boring motorcycle sport i have ever seen ..If he,s not doing speedway whats all the fuss about ?

It's a pity that we don't have speedway riders with the massive personality of Guy Martin. He must be one of the nicest ordinary guys anywhere in the motorcycle world.

• Like 4

I f he does not ride speedway ,im not interested, what ever his wonderful personality is....This is supposed to be a speedway thread,?? or is it about flat track ..?

I f he does not ride speedway ,im not interested, what ever his wonderful personality is....This is supposed to be a speedway thread,?? or is it about flat track ..?

Anything that attracts people to Rye House speedway has gotta be a good thing

• Like 3

Take your blinkers off. No doubt if he gives a young speedway rider some advice he'll be the greatest thing since sliced bread. :neutral:

• Like 1

Interesting the other two have a history of winning, whereas Martin is a Racing TV Celebrity, those trappings of wealth he has never came from mending trucks, the £5 per signature he gets is a nice little earner.

You don't have to be ultra successful to fantastically popular it's known as having a great personality. 15 TT podiums alone is pretty good in my book. The most popular Speedway rider around since i first started watching Speedway in the 60's by a very long way was Kelly Moran. Never came close to a World title unlike Mauger, Briggs, Fundin and Rickardsson 21 individual titles yet none were particularly popular. To have a character like Guy Martin around the place is a big coup for the Promotion if it pans out and what is good for the Promotion is good for Speedway fans. Yes i have knocked them in the past, maybe i was wrong and will give them every chance this year and to coax a top motorcyclist to the place is Brilliant'

He is one of the most approachable sports personalities i have ever seen, never saw him decline a photo or autograph. I think being employed as a rider in the most dangerous sport in the world by massive motorcycle companies and independents explain his wealth that plus his odd TV show. I doubt his personal wealth was gained by ripping off fans

I doubt you have ever seen proper flat track racing unless you have watched it in the USA.

This is a speedway thread and anything that takes place on track actually has a knock on effect for the speedway some good some bad. Guy Martin around the place is ok by me. I'm sure the promotion would be happy to see newcomers to the track to see Guy Martin some of whom may even come back to try a speedway meeting

Edited by westhamboy66

i suggest you look for a copy of . closer to the edge dvd . or just type in guy martin closer to the edge and a full range of guys exploits can be found . guy is the quickest person on a bicycle. look out for his mini series. the boat that guy built. .. the spitfire rebuild . the list goes on .

this man has more charisma than most of the so called super star football players , F1 drivers etc . have you heard of david cameron ?

i think the only guy you know is the family guy .

dont take offence to this post . what i have done here is to bring your attention to a whole new world of entertainment . enjoy it .

• Like 1