British Speedway Forum

Rye House 2016

..probably a stupid thought, but would Robert Mear's average fit? Just riding for Lakeside isn't going to be enough meetings to get him back in to the swing of it. Agree with many comments here about the team building being a mess - starting with NBJ's release - which seems to have been based on Lambert staying. Even so, still think that apart from Kennett & Lanham, the other four named so far will all increase their starting averages which could mean a decent season...if we get the right final piece to the jjgsaw now Klindt has gone elsewhere (no great loss in my opinion).

I think Rob Mear is content with just doing the EL as its fewer meetings along with his full time job. I think Lanham will surprise plenty of people this season and could be a real trump card. Heeps needs to up his average, Morley will increase his so if Kennett & Robbo maintain theirs it should be a decent year providing your last signing is not a real duffer!

Most probably adding 2 and 2 to make 5, but has anybody noticed that Lewis Bridger keeps tweeting that he is in training and almost back to race weight?? Not my favourite character but isn't he rumoured to be mates with Edward K and Edward is helping to select team?

What exactly would Bridgers average be , if its high then?,,,May not be to anyones liking, but the other alternative is drop a 5 pointer and bring in Branford as well .. now dont shoot me down im not advocating the move for Bridger !!

Edited by waco

What exactly would Bridgers average be , if its high then?,,,May not be to anyones liking, but the other alternative is drop a 5 pointer and bring in Branford as well .. now dont shoot me down im not advocating the move for Bridger !!

His Elite League GSA is 7.23, so he may not even be eligible. If he is I'm guessing on a 1.4 conversion factor (based on discussion elsewhere of Peter Karlsson's PL converted average) which would come out as 10.12. So short of dropping Kennett - no way.

His Elite League GSA is 7.23, so he may not even be eligible. If he is I'm guessing on a 1.4 conversion factor (based on discussion elsewhere of Peter Karlsson's PL converted average) which would come out as 10.12. So short of dropping Kennett - no way.

He won't be eligible for the same reason as Peterborough were prevented from signing Jacob Thorssell. Both have EL averages in excess of six and neither have an existing PL average.

well done rye, better than Klindt potential wise and you get another asset

Think you'll be waiting some time before his average gets near Klindt. It's not a signing to get me excited. There are a lot of better Danish prospects, unfortunately most of them have ridden in the DSL making their assessed average 7.00 whereas Karger comes in at 5.00.

At best an OK signing, if it is for the long term.

Thought Danes were on a 7.00? Or has he not ridden in the top leagues?

if aussies are now a 5 perhaps they all are from wherever.....

if aussies are now a 5 perhaps they all are from wherever.....

Think that's right and also thought that 'new' foreign 5.00 riders' averages cannot dip below 5.00 during the season even if they do not obtain a mark of 5.00.

Karger rode in the 'Farewell to The Abbey' meeting at the end of last season and showed signs of a reasonable gater, but struggled with the bends.

Think that's right and also thought that 'new' foreign 5.00 riders' averages cannot dip below 5.00 during the season even if they do not obtain a mark of 5.00.

Karger rode in the 'Farewell to The Abbey' meeting at the end of last season and showed signs of a reasonable gater, but struggled with the bends.

Should be fine on the wide sweeping turns at Rye House then ;)

• Like 2