British Speedway Forum

Rye House 2016

As far as I know - unless the management are keeping it very quiet - we have still only declared 6 riders for this season Jason Bunyan has just become New Zealand Champion again beating Bradley Wilson-Dean do we want him back? I dont' know !!

Can't believe that one meeting brings his name up again. Nice rider to watch but to be fair he was awful for us and go goes nowhere near filling the hole we have in our team. Pathetic excuse for Promoters that have dumped themselves upon us and look to have a team to finish rock bottom unless there is a Garrad or Fiala out there somewhere

Have you been to new zealand ?!

What's wrong with New Zealand ? It's generally a very safe place, with a relatively low crime rate, few endemic diseases and a great healthcare system.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/destinations/australiaandpacific/newzealand/11284442/26-reasons-why-New-Zealand-is-the-worlds-best-country.html

Have you been to new zealand ?!

No, but I've visited Wales many many times. Can't be worse than that surely?

Edited by Shads
  • Like 2

bunyan won meetings on his own at reading iow and finally rye even in the twilight of his legendary career

Sounds depressing at Rye wouldn't spend a penny if there is uncertainty about the clubs intentions

Leave your legacy untarnished Jason 9.17 rider and pride of the potteries 2008 winner

• Like 1

..probably a stupid thought, but would Robert Mear's average fit? Just riding for Lakeside isn't going to be enough meetings to get him back in to the swing of it. Agree with many comments here about the team building being a mess - starting with NBJ's release - which seems to have been based on Lambert staying. Even so, still think that apart from Kennett & Lanham, the other four named so far will all increase their starting averages which could mean a decent season...if we get the right final piece to the jjgsaw now Klindt has gone elsewhere (no great loss in my opinion).

• Like 1

..probably a stupid thought, but would Robert Mear's average fit? Just riding for Lakeside isn't going to be enough meetings to get him back in to the swing of it. Agree with many comments here about the team building being a mess - starting with NBJ's release - which seems to have been based on Lambert staying. Even so, still think that apart from Kennett & Lanham, the other four named so far will all increase their starting averages which could mean a decent season...if we get the right final piece to the jjgsaw now Klindt has gone elsewhere (no great loss in my opinion).

The one rider i would hope to see big progress from as far as his average is concerned is Cameron Heeps. Always impressed by him at Ipswich and goes well around Rye. For me Robbo never meets expectations as far as average goes, Kasper will only make any strides if he gets to grip with his Gating. Leigh will be a success if he maintains his current average. To see an improvement from all would be brilliant but probably unlikely as it is a bit much to expect. As far as Mear is concerned he had good support from the fans and did the dirty on us. Too much baggage as far as i am concerned