British Speedway Forum

Rye House 2016

Question ?

I see that Tyson Nelson won the NSW state speedway championship, therefore qualifying him to get a visa to ride in the UK. I think that Nelson was a Rye House asset but after all the hassles Len had getting him a visa the other season he did not come to the UK.

After all the grief Len had in obtaining a visa, Len gave up his sponsorship licence for Aussie riders from what I can remember.

Does this mean that if Tyson comes over to ride in the UK, he comes over as a 'free agent' or is he still a Rye House asset and a transfer or loan fee will apply to his new club ??

I don't think he will be coming over, just interested on current rules.

There's a piece in Speedway Star on Edinburgh's new signing Jye Etheridge. He says he had offers from several teams including a call from Rye House on Sunday saying they had a contract for him as someone had pulled out of the team.

Deja vu all over again...

Edited by Alan Jones

There's a piece in Speedway Star on Edinburgh's new signing Jye Etheridge. He says he had offers from several teams including a call from Rye House on Sunday saying they had a contract for him as someone had pulled out of the team.

Deja vu all over again...

Nikolaj Klint at a guess

Nikolaj Klint at a guess

Be either Klindt or Heeps I'm guessing, Etheridge for either of them 2 is not a good team choice so maybe Rye have been lucky that Edinburgh have got him as look at his scores in the Star today not very impressive against unheard of riders, Adam Ellis is better than Etheridge i would imagine,

worrying times for Rye if they have lost a rider this late on.

Be either Klindt or Heeps I'm guessing, Etheridge for either of them 2 is not a good team choice so maybe Rye have been lucky that Edinburgh have got him as look at his scores in the Star today not very impressive against unheard of riders, Adam Ellis is better than Etheridge i would imagine,

worrying times for Rye if they have lost a rider this late on.

This late on? There's 3 months until the beginning of the season its hardly late on

If it's true about Klindt , then I'm surprised Rye got in touch with Etheridge . Surely the way Victor Palovaara rode at Rye House , when Glasgow won there last July , makes him a better option as a 5 pointer than an untried Etheridge would have been .

If it's true about Klindt , then I'm surprised Rye got in touch with Etheridge . Surely the way Victor Palovaara rode at Rye House , when Glasgow won there last July , makes him a better option as a 5 pointer than an untried Etheridge would have been .

Rasmus Jensen at 5.92 would be a good replacement