British Speedway Forum

Rye House 2016

I think it was Rob Mear, but as I say it was particularly liquid day )))

I'm able to confirm this, coz in the words of Max Boyce "I was there".

Mear could only talk at a level of 110 decibels and take one mouthful out of a pint before having a fag and ordering another pint coz his was warm! Lovely boy.

ben, ben, ben, ben, ben, ben, ben. where are you ? The Rye House thread is dropping down the page. Keep posting, keep the faith.

1. Ed Kennett

2. Rob Lambert

3. Rob Mear

4. Steve Boxall

5. Kasper Lykke

6. Rob Brandford

7. Ben Morley

A team for all the moaners, will end up with wooden spoon, but may stir up a bit of debate :drink::drink::rofl:

what about Lukey ?

For what its worth being a long time Rockets supporter, track marshall, mechanic and small time sponsor who has lived in NZ since 1994 (and had a go at riding :-), I'd go with bolly's 1,2,6 & 7 (Kennett, Lambert, Branford & Morley). But not Mear, Boxall or Lykke (the last one harsh because he had a good season). Pity about NBJ, but top three of Kennett, Lambert & NBJ would mean having weak second strings. To win the league, you need 7 riders who will all improve their starting average, and being in top 5, I don't think Kasper would. So, who then for the 3 middle order spots? Haven't worked out exact averages, but how about Michael Palm Toft, Ashley Birks and Richie Worrall..?? Met the last two when they came to NZ a few years ago, both great ambassadors for the sport who did themselves credit out here.

For what its worth being a long time Rockets supporter, track marshall, mechanic and small time sponsor who has lived in NZ since 1994 (and had a go at riding :-), I'd go with bolly's 1,2,6 & 7 (Kennett, Lambert, Branford & Morley). But not Mear, Boxall or Lykke (the last one harsh because he had a good season). Pity about NBJ, but top three of Kennett, Lambert & NBJ would mean having weak second strings. To win the league, you need 7 riders who will all improve their starting average, and being in top 5, I don't think Kasper would. So, who then for the 3 middle order spots? Haven't worked out exact averages, but how about Michael Palm Toft, Ashley Birks and Richie Worrall..?? Met the last two when they came to NZ a few years ago, both great ambassadors for the sport who did themselves credit out here.

Toft is back at Peterborough next season whilst Birks is taking a year out of the sport. Somerset have yet to make any team announcements but Worrell's final average is only .07 less than NBJ's.

Plenty of moaning here about the 5 names. On the budget the club had who would YOU have picked.

Klindt could be a very good pick.

Impossible without knowing the budget

So the 5 riders named.

Kennett

Klindt

Lanham

Lykke

Morley.

Don't see quite what the negativity is about?

Kennett is a top PL number 1

Lykke had a good year last year and can definitely up his average.

Lanham had a beauty at Rye last year and will be dependable

Klindt is the gamble but has bags of ability when applied

Morley always a cert as an asset and the best option.

Fingers crossed some new blood is brought in for the final two places but with 12.5 to play with will it be 8/4 7/5 or a 6/6 split? Either way doesn't look too gloomy.

• Like 1

Letting NBJ go suggests the plan is for a big hitter and a reserve, plus Klindt has been announced as a heatleader.

Lanham will be good in the pits but it's 5-10 years too late signing him.

In Morley we've arguably got the best three pointer but if he's got Maassen or Bowen with him there's huge pressure, especially away. Has to be Branford IMO.