British Speedway Forum

Rye House 2016

So far the sort of team that len Silver is known for lately.

Nothing to be inspired about until the next name comes along, Makes the release of Jakobsen more of a mystery unless there were too many clashes on a saturday in his diary

Tungate and Nelson being mentioned but can't see it

Tungate isn't far from it? Although he doesn't normally score many on your track. Surely they must have a master stroke plan up their sleeves.

Maybe but so far no signs of a master stroke in the first five.

Again we seem to be light years behind our local rivals which is always a decent yardstick.

Looks like the new Rye promotion have been a bit naive letting NBJ go before getting Lambert to sign on the dotted line.

Maybe he wasn't going to sign anyway. Therefore, how about Nick Morris. It doesn't look as if he will returning to Glasgow next year. Then there is another Morris (Ashley). Doesn't seem to feature in Ipswich's plans if the article in this week's star is to be believed and he impressed when the Witches visited last August. This line-up would fall just short of the points limit, 42.42.

Edited by tocha

As I previously said , if we can somehow get Nick Morris and Adam Ellis in to fill the last 2 places it would be a decent team . Its so important to have a strong reserve at all times so could they go for 2 six pointers like Nelson and Cameron Heeps for example instead thus meaning a quality reserve at all times . Heeps is good at Rye so would have liked him anyway.

• Like 1

Wow!

Can it get any worse? We've been fed rubbish by silver for the last few years and now we get this from the new promotion. From what they have done so far it is showing that they don't know what their doing. What an absolute shambles.

They let an exciting young rider like NBJ go and sign turd like Klindt and Lanham. Lanham bored me to tears 10 years ago when he was a half decent rider. A complete gating tart and over the hill. He's a veteran rider now going through the motions.

Klindt? Another gating tart and his average keeps on tumbling every year.

What an exciting side to watch this will be. Not.

Lambert? Comical. You would have thought they would have got him signed sealed and delivered after going to so much hassle to get him in for two meetings last year, but no.

Unless Nick Morris/Ellis are signed its bottom of the table stuff.

I feel sorry for Edward who will again have to carry a crap side.

A more boring, turgid & uninspiring side would be very hard to find.

Ahh how nice, just read the press release. So they want the team to be full of great guys who all get on. Sod that the team will be crap and full of boring riders. Personally as a fan I don't give a sh't if the riders get on or not.

Seems like we have a promotion who had as much ambition to win things as Len did the last five years.

Edited by Chris
  • Like 2

From speaking to track staff and from what I have read from other posts , Edward was apparently having a hand in selecting this new team . Supposedly he gave a list of riders names to the management who he wanted at Rye and left it to them . I would be very surprised if Klindt was on the list so I guess his input has been ignored . Now seeing Lambert has signed for another premier team i don't know what the new owners are upto. Also just seen Nick Morris has signed for a Polish team so that basically rules him out . Who's left ? Starting to worry about this season.

Major f##k up!!

All started seriously going down hill when Andrew Silver was disposed of the bloke had too much knowledge for the moron running the circus now I suspect. Followed by his Father (saw that one coming) = NO Speedway knowledge + One big ego = One big fat fail.

Hope I have to eat my words.

• Like 1

From speaking to track staff and from what I have read from other posts , Edward was apparently having a hand in selecting this new team . Supposedly he gave a list of riders names to the management who he wanted at Rye and left it to them . I would be very surprised if Klindt was on the list so I guess his input has been ignored . Now seeing Lambert has signed for another premier team i don't know what the new owners are upto. Also just seen Nick Morris has signed for a Polish team so that basically rules him out . Who's left ? Starting to worry about this season.

The track staff know no more than the average fan on the terrace does.

We're close to Stanstead so it doesn't make us a no-go for Morris but it's likely we won't get him and Ellis.

• Like 1

Like everyone not the most exciting team so far

But the real test is when Warren makes changes to the team when the results prove what everyone expects(I would guess by May) Warren clearly moved last season when he saw the season was petering out, granted the changes didn`t work but the last three years under Len each season failed not because of the team in March but the during the season changes that were woeful to say the least.

If Warren stays with this team then I strongly advice NO SHALE as its a team of gaters (sorry Kasper)

Len Silvers biggest failing (apart from his PR skills) was his loyalty to underperforming riders and unwillingness to make changes when needed.

I can only recall one occasion when he actually let a rider go since we rejoined the PL in the early 2000's.

• Like 2

This really is turning into something of a dog's breakfast. Worse still they could have kept NBJ even if Lambert had signed whilst accepting that the reserve pairing would be weakened but, on balance, I think NBJ over Klindt could have been preferable to a slightly stronger pair of reserves. At least Rye would still have NBJ on their books. Now they are left with poor Ed having to carry a team which might end up in reality as one heatleader and four second strings.

Edited by tocha

This really is turning into something of a dog's breakfast. Worse still they could have kept NBJ even if Lambert had signed whilst accepting that the reserve pairing would be weakened but, on balance, I think NBJ over Klindt could have been preferable to a slightly stronger pair of reserves. At least Rye would still have NBJ on their books. Now they are left with poor Ed having to carry a team which might end up in reality as one heatleader and four second strings.

I'd love to know the reasoning behind the decision to allow NBJ to leave. If, as I suspect, they were assuming signing up Lambert was a certainty before they knew how much he was asking. Either that, or they'd agreed terms, but Team Lambert upped their demands when they knew there was another club willing to pay up.

I don't think we'll ever know for sure.

The new promotion have been left with egg on their faces and will struggle big time unless they get someone in who knows what they're doing

Edited by Shads
  • Like 2