British Speedway Forum

Premier League Riders Championship - Sheffield 6th Sep

I have asked you already on this thread, tell me the reason why King is not riding.

Are you for real?/ Need me to spell it out bit by bit for you???

1. Danny King has a contract in Poland with his Polish club.

2. This contract is to race in all fixtures unless agreed before the season or F.I.M events which take precedence.

3. This contract includes play off meetings and play off finals should his club get there.

4. The PLRC is not an F.I.M event.

I hope that clears up any confusion as to why a rider is riding for his contracted club and not in a league individual.

In case it has also escaped your attention most riders have contracts in a number of countrys.

Would you expect Danny King to miss play off meetings for Ipswich and Coventry to race in a league individual meeting in Poland

So why do you expect him to miss his Polish meetings to race in an individual meeting in England?

He has tried to better himself as a rider plus earn a better living by racing abroad, only for people like you to claim he is picking and choosing not to ride?

Now please answer me as to why you think Danny King should ride because unless his Polish team were not in the play offs he has to be in Poland.

However you are quite quick to stick the boot in so you must know a better reason!

2. This contract is to race in all fixtures unless agreed before the season or F.I.M events which take precedence.

3. This contract includes play off meetings and play off finals should his club get there.

I hope that clears up any confusion as to why a rider is riding for his contracted club and not in a league individual.

In case it has also escaped your attention most riders have contracts in a number of countrys.

Would you expect Danny King to miss play off meetings for Ipswich and Coventry to race in a league individual meeting in Poland

So why do you expect him to miss his Polish meetings to race in an individual meeting in England?

He has tried to better himself as a rider plus earn a better living by racing abroad, only for people like you to claim he is picking and choosing not to ride?

Now please answer me as to why you think Danny King should ride because unless his Polish team were not in the play offs he has to be in Poland.

However you are quite quick to stick the boot in so you must know a better reason!

How many meetings has King done in Poland this season,compare that to his meetings for Coventry and Ipswich,where is he earning his living from.He is never going to get into the Polish big League.Let him ride in Poland full time if he really wants too.He has peaked as a rider IMO.I am not sticking the boot in just pointing out why I think the BSPA have to get their house in order.

How many meetings has King done in Poland this season,compare that to his meetings for Coventry and Ipswich,where is he earning his living from.He is never going to get into the Polish big League.Let him ride in Poland full time if he really wants too.He has peaked as a rider IMO.I am not sticking the boot in just pointing out why I think the BSPA have to get their house in order.

King has been asked to ride for his Polish club and he's really trying to make a go of things over there.

He's always going to get rides in England, that's a given.

If King turns round and says to his Polish club, sorry can't make your meeting as I'm riding in an individual in the UK, how long before they ask him to ride again?

That's the risk he takes and I personally don't blame him one bit for riding for his Polish club instead of the PLRC.

• Like 1

He's British and should be representing his club in his home country, I'm sure your home country is meant to take priority when their is a fixture clash, they're good enough reasons for me and I for one have decided to not bother going down tomorrow because I can't see the point in watching the Premier League Second String Championship

King has been asked to ride for his Polish club and he's really trying to make a go of things over there.

He's always going to get rides in England, that's a given.

If King turns round and says to his Polish club, sorry can't make your meeting as I'm riding in an individual in the UK, how long before they ask him to ride again?

That's the risk he takes and I personally don't blame him one bit for riding for his Polish club instead of the PLRC.

that is why British Speedway is in the state it is in.Fans have had enough.
  • Like 2

I`m quite happy for Danny King to ride in whatever Country he so chooses, but its not asking to much surely for him the put his meetings in this Country first.

league meetings, he has. If a Polish rider decided to ride in an individual meeting in his homeland rather than ride for his club here in an important play off fixture, how many would be on here saying "sack him" or "he's showed no commitment to British racing get rid"?

Can't have it both ways!

Something else I've never understood is the "he's representing his club" argument. How is he?

The PLRC is an individual event, not a team event so surely if King were riding he'd be representing Danny King.

If he was taking part and won the event, how is that an honour for Ipswich?

Edited by Hong Kong Phooey

He's British and should be representing his club in his home country, I'm sure your home country is meant to take priority when their is a fixture clash, they're good enough reasons for me and I for one have decided to not bother going down tomorrow because I can't see the point in watching the Premier League Second String Championship

I think you are missing the fact that he is under contract for his Polish cub, end of!

• Like 1

I dunno why people are making a fuss. Pretty clear King is under contract to race for his Polish club. This wouldn't of happened in the "good old days" because second tier riders didn't race in the Polish League. Times change.

Edited by Shads
  • Like 1

Remember the meeting, don't remember that incident. When did you see that happen?

After someone threw something at Garrity into the pits and also spat at him then tried to cover his actions by backing off and then returning to the fence at the side of the pits with a junior in his arms,, well documented and discussed on the relevant thread which you also commented on. 👍🏼

After someone threw something at Garrity into the pits and also spat at him then tried to cover his actions by backing off and then returning to the fence at the side of the pits with a junior in his arms,, well documented and discussed on the relevant thread which you also commented on. 👍🏼

So what's your point?

I dunno why people are making a fuss. Pretty clear King is under contract to race for his Polish club. This wouldn't of happened in the "good old days" because second tier riders didn't race in the Polish League. Times change.

With an alleged £4,000 fine if he didn't honour his Polish contract.

• Like 1

This has always been the marquee meeting for the Premier League, it's dying away because of the gap in riders that is eligible to ride in the Premier League imo, it shold be 9 pointers and below, this would stop riders like Cook, Stead, King riding in this league and instead they could ride in Poland, instead of both in some cases and missing meetings

Not just move this meeting til earlier in the season then, would that not help, seem to remember the EL did that to avoid having so many top men missing the meeting to ride abroad, dont follow that league so whether it worked or not has passed me by?

Seems to be happening on a regular basis thesedays with the multi contract riders, cant be everywhere, business end of the season get's very busy for some riders? ;)

Or have it once the playoffs are finished?

Very surprised at the criticism of King on here.

Exactly. It's not like he's missing it for a normal Polish meeting, it's actually the play offs.

This is an individual meetings so it's not like he's letting a team down.

If anything it's more of a shame for him that it's the same day as he had a chance of a podium place

Edited by mdmc82
  • Like 1

Anyway, I fancy Kennett strongly today. He's definitely the form horse

Around Sheffield?

I don't think so.

Win a few races, maybe a bit of a Spoiler.

But not a winner.

If you are looking for a Dark Horse watch out for Ricky Wells.

Edited by spin king
  • Like 2

league meetings, he has. If a Polish rider decided to ride in an individual meeting in his homeland rather than ride for his club here in an important play off fixture, how many would be on here saying "sack him" or "he's showed no commitment to British racing get rid"?

Can't have it both ways!

Something else I've never understood is the "he's representing his club" argument. How is he?

The PLRC is an individual event, not a team event so surely if King were riding he'd be representing Danny King.

If he was taking part and won the event, how is that an honour for Ipswich?

Spot on

How many Poole fans would be up in arms if Janowski rode in the Polish league top tier individual rather than a play off match for Poole? Some fans really dont understand how it all works!

This shows you dont understand how contracts work as Danny is contracted to race firstly for Coventry and Ipswich in league meetings. The PLRC is not a league fixture, he is under contract in Poland he HAS to ride or risk a fine.

I`m quite happy for Danny King to ride in whatever Country he so chooses, but its not asking to much surely for him the put his meetings in this Country first.

He does. Never missed a league meeting this season due to Polish commitments. The PLRC is not a club meeting its an individual

I think you are missing the fact that he is under contract for his Polish cub, end of!

Well said mate. Im sure a lot of fans dont understand he is contracted

With an alleged £4,000 fine if he didn't honour his Polish contract.

Again it illustrates my point.

Thank You to all the real fans who understand why he isnt riding.

People bang on about the meeting is farcical now. Well back in the 90's no riders were riding in Poland earning good money so the comparison to harp back to the old days is irrelevent

If Mark Loram, Andrew Silver, Paul Thorp and Troy Butler had the opportunity to race in Poland back in the day they would have been good enough.

And if thr were contracted to a club they would not have ridden in the NLRC as it was then.

Times have changed. We bang on about Brits riding abroad to better themselves then moan when they have to miss a meeting. Cant have it both ways.

With regards to the meeting would love to see Kurtz win it and hope Rohan doesnt come last!