British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue, Kings Lynn Or Swindon For 3rd/4th Spot

Belle Vue have stopped there riders riding for play offs rivals

I take it you just mean Swindon & King's Lynn with Poole & Coventry already through (although Scott & Stefan Cov assets anyway)

It makes sense if true as look at the amount of points Rory helped teams get & there is a chance it could come back to haunt King's Lynn.

I take it you just mean Swindon & King's Lynn with Poole & Coventry already through (although Scott & Stefan Cov assets anyway)

It makes sense if true as look at the amount of points Rory helped teams get & there is a chance it could come back to haunt King's Lynn.

Yes he means our main play off rivals, but the fact Scott and Stefan being coventry assets means nothing, it's up to belle vue this season not coventry as we own thier registration.

As for 4th place it's there for the taking for all 4 teams. Belle vue on great form the key matches being swindon home and wolves away, win both of them and I think we are in, lose at home to swindon and we are out, a point at Poole tonight would be a big bonus. Swindon also on form but have 5 very tough away matches and got hammered at Poole last time the faced a decent team away. Kings Lynn have 1 more home meeting than the other 2 teams but are the team with worse form and injuries, they are unbeaten at home though and must remain so to get top 4 has I think they will struggle to pick up another away point. Still a long way to go yet and just one slip up by either team could finish them off.

Of course and even worse luck was the lack of rider availability e.g Bad luck of Kcrmar being suddenly unavailable against Lakeside due to having a meeting the following night.

Meeting was a Euro U-21 in Debrecen, Hungary: start time 3pm GMT - not the easiest place to get to, so fair enough on this occasion

Well there's certainly nothing wrong with your sense of humour!!

And I think you're mixing me up with someone else. I am not and do not know 'KKS'.

Sense of humour?

Its a statement of fact that the current tactical system is the 'fairest' it has ever been.

Do I like it? No I don't, but that's a different issue.

The play-off race is certainly an exciting one, Swindon have picked up much more than I expected.

Edited by BWitcher

Me neither. The Euro - U21s is an FIM meeting, I thought?

Youre kidding right? That's a starman level of logic :D so the EUROPEAN u21 Chanpionship is not a European Chanpionship?! :D

The European championships, be it seniors, u21, pairs or team championships are not recognised by the BSPA. They are all EUM (FIM Europe) inscribed.

Its all very well calling off meeting early, to save all parties inconvenience, but now the season running out fast, with only a few weeks to go before the 'Cut-off' date, some clubs may struggle to fulfil all their fixtures.

Could we see a problem where the play-off qualification is dictated by the number of matches played rather than the results of them.....??????

Having reduced the importance of our speedway league season to a 4 team conclusion, the mind boggles on the next trick the BSPA will pull from the hat.......

Youre kidding right? That's a starman level of logic :D so the EUROPEAN u21 Chanpionship is not a European Chanpionship?! :D

The European championships, be it seniors, u21, pairs or team championships are not recognised by the BSPA. They are all EUM (FIM Europe) inscribed.

Do you honestly believe that they would have been given a facility if it was not a recognised FIM event. Get real!

• Like 1

Do you honestly believe that they would have been given a facility if it was not a recognised FIM event. Get real!

It's not an FIM meeting. And no facility should have been allowed. God only know how they managed to get away with it. It's even on the FIM Europe website ===> http://www.fim-europe.com/index.php/sport/track-racing

Here you go.....

http://www.edinburghmonarchs.co/news/article.asp?id=2154

"... Erik Riss will also miss the meeting. He is racing in the European under 21 team championship in Sweden and as this competition is not recognised by the BSPA we must bring in an NL guest..." shocking that eh?! European Championships not recognised!

And Edinburgh used "NL junior" (Matt Williamson) in place of Berge at Berwick who was in an EU U21 meeting.

Edited by SCB

@GavinCaney: Lyon: "One thing I do want to highlight is the unwillingness of Belle Vue to let us use their riders as guests." (2/2) #speedway

Seems Belle Vue are not allowing their riders to guest for King's Lynn or Swindon. I guess it does make sense not to help your place off rivals. The only risk they run is if they need guests themselves.

Edited by mdmc82

@GavinCaney: Lyon: "One thing I do want to highlight is the unwillingness of Belle Vue to let us use their riders as guests." (2/2) #speedway

Seems Belle Vue are not allowing their riders to guest for King's Lynn or Swindon. I guess it does make sense not to help your place off rivals. The only risk they run is if they need guests themselves.

Let's hope they do as the usual basement dwellers Belle Vue get all high & mighty the first time for years they have even a chance of making the play offs.

I actually have thought they had a great team all season & if Swindon didn't win the league before this I wanted them to but not no more.

Let's hope they do as the usual basement dwellers Belle Vue get all high & mighty the first time for years they have even a chance of making the play offs.

I actually have thought they had a great team all season & if Swindon didn't win the league before this I wanted them to but not no more.

Will have to shout for bees instead as we have let Swindon use Hans & Harris 9 times between them!

I don't see how anyone can have a problem with Belle Vue doing this. I would not want a Swindon rider putting in a match winning score for either BV or KL at the moment. Would just be plain silly if our own rider contributed to us missing out on the play offs.

• Like 6

I don't see how anyone can have a problem with Belle Vue doing this. I would not want a Swindon rider putting in a match winning score for either BV or KL at the moment. Would just be plain silly if our own rider contributed to us missing out on the play offs.

I agree. People were moaning not long ago about Zengi guesting for Belle Vue and Cook for Swindon and they had a point.