British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue, Kings Lynn Or Swindon For 3rd/4th Spot

A win for Belle Vue & Swindon tonight.

I think the person who started this thread may need to change the topic title to "Belle Vue, King's Lynn or Swindon for the top 4" as for the first time this season, King's Lynn have dropped out of the top 4

Twitchy bum time at Lynn now,

Agree...good bunch of fans there up in Norfolk.

Have to agree. Think out of the visiting fans this year, I have enjoyed the banter at the stadium and on here with the King's Lynn fans the most. Got some really nice fans.

Looks like another injury blow for King's Lynn tonight though.

From Lambert's facebook "I have suspected broken scaiford and a compression fracture in my back. I'll give you a update about my injury in the next days."

It's even worse than last year. I really hope they can make the play offs. At home I think they will be okay, it's away I'm not so sure of them getting the points.

Edited by mdmc82

It is going to be a very tight race, could be any 2 of the 3. I think Robins may just miss out as there are a lot of easy looking fixtures for the other 2 teams but when you have the messiah Rosco in charge, anything is possible.

Some tough away meetings remaining for Swindon, who will struggle to find another away victory now.

Done well by picking up 4 pointers in the matches where that must have been the goal, but can't see us getting much at Coventry, Belle Vue, Poole and King's Lynn!!

It is going to be a very tight race, could be any 2 of the 3. I think Robins may just miss out as there are a lot of easy looking fixtures for the other 2 teams but when you have the messiah Rosco in charge, anything is possible.

Easy fixtures for King's Lynn? I would disagree esp now they are without Kerr & Lambert.

They still have Swindon, Coventry & Leicester at home.

They have to get points away at Swindon, Leicester & Poole. (Where are all the easy ones?)

Swindon should win their remaining home fixtures and still pick up some points on the road and look set to finish above King's Lynn & Belle Vue.

The question is who will join them?

Edited by mdmc82

Some tough away meetings remaining for Swindon, who will struggle to find another away victory now.

Done well by picking up 4 pointers in the matches where that must have been the goal, but can't see us getting much at Coventry, Belle Vue, Poole and King's Lynn!!

What do you mean not get much, 4 meetings is 16 points, plus 6 points from KL and Cov at home. :lol: .

I have a feeling that the Budgies could well pick up point at BV, and also at KL, who are really suffering with their injuries :wink:

Easy fixtures for King's Lynn? I would disagree esp now they are without Kerr & Lambert.

They have to get points away at Swindon, Leicester & Poole. (Where are all the easy ones?)

Swindon should win their remaining home fixtures and still pick up some points on the road and look set to finish above King's Lynn & Belle Vue.

But they still have Bjerre!

I would expect KL to get the double over Leicester. It may be squeaky bum time when it comes to home matches against Swindon and Coventry though.

2 losses there and it looks bleak for them, but if they win those matches, then I think it may be Belle Vue who lose out.

1 - Coventry

2 - Poole

3 - Swindon

4 - Kings Lynn

Coventry v Kings Lynn and Poole v Swindon in the play offs

Coventry v Swindon final ------ Swindon winning it

Edited by T.N.T.
  • Like 3

Where do you now see Swindon picking up points away from home?Belle Vue, Poole, Coventry x2 & Kings Lynn? Winning the 3 home fixtures gives Swindon 49.

Kings Lynn have Leicester at home x2 and away which should be 9 points. Assuming Swindon & Kings Lynn each beat each other at home Kings Lynn have a home fixture against Coventry which will be key. If they win this then Swindon have to win another away match.

I think Belle Vue should be in and Swindon or Kings Lynn for the other place. Belle Vue have 40 like Swindon but have only lost once at home all season. Should be easy pickings against Leicester & Wolves. Swindon will be the key fixture but I can see them beating Wolves away given the form of the respective sides.

Edited by SpecialOne

Where do you now see Swindon picking up points away from home?Belle Vue, Poole, Coventry x2 & Kings Lynn? Winning the 3 home fixtures gives Swindon 49.

Kings Lynn have Leicester at home x2 and away which should be 9 points. Assuming Swindon & Kings Lynn each beat each other at home Kings Lynn have a home fixture against Coventry which will be key. If they win this then Swindon have to win another away match.

Swindon could probably make it merely by picking up a number of 'losing points'

• Like 1

King's Lynn's results could depend a lot on who guests in place of Kerr and Lambert, plus the form of Bjerre. Could be tough away.

Swindon have every chance of picking up points against Belle Vue, King's Lynn & Coventry. I think Away at Poole looks the only one that they look unlikely to pick anything up.

I think it's good that with just under 5 weeks until the play offs start, we still don't know who will finish top and also there are still 3 teams fighting it out for the final two play off places, with the positions in the table consistently changing.

Edited by mdmc82

King's Lynn's results could depend a lot on who guests in place of Kerr and Lambert, plus the form of Bjerre. Could be tough away.

Swindon have every chance of picking up points against Belle Vue, King's Lynn & Coventry. I think Away at Poole looks the only one that they look unlikely to pick anything up.

I think it's good that with just under 5 weeks until the play offs start, we still don't know who will finish top and also there are still 3 teams fighting it out for the final two play off places, with the positions in the table consistently changing.

That is the beauty of this season, it really is the most open in years and everyone has a different view on it.

• Like 1