British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue, Kings Lynn Or Swindon For 3rd/4th Spot

Sorry Custer that is a ridiculous comment..

AM injured in his first meeting followed by recurring injuries for Troy, others injured include Killer, Morro and young Lewis Rose..

Get your facts right matey.. :t:

Read the context. KL started off as a very strong looking side that many were tipping for a high spot, but unravelled at a time when they couldn't do much about it. Nobody was tipping Swindon to do much at the start of the season but they got a get out of jail card when Ward, who had never been in their plans coincidently became available at a time when they needed a No 1 and when they happened to be able to fit him in.

• Like 2

Under the current circumstances and not expecting Kerr to return for the remainder of the season that will mean we're in the sh!+.

Results at home against Coventry and Swindon now become extremely difficult. Both Swindon and Belle Vue should make it top 4.

Read the context. KL started off as a very strong looking side that many were tipping for a high spot, but unravelled at a time when they couldn't do much about it. Nobody was tipping Swindon to do much at the start of the season but they got a get out of jail card when Ward, who had never been in their plans coincidently became available at a time when they needed a No 1 and when they happened to be able to fit him in.

KL could have fitted Ward in had they come to a agreement.

So, they disapprove that the current tactical system is the fairest it has been in almost the entire history of league speedway. Interesting.

Anyway, nice new name KKS.

Well there's certainly nothing wrong with your sense of humour!!

And I think you're mixing me up with someone else. I am not and do not know 'KKS'.

When putting things into prospective, my first thoughts are only for the well being of Lewis Kerr and sincerely hope he continues, as like Rory, along their positive paths to a full recovery. When thinking of there well being the playoffs are of little importance.

Once again, come the business end of the season, 'Lady luck' has struck the Stars team down. so it won't be a case of Belle Vue or Swindon, more likely both will qualify for the play-offs.

One has to assume Lewis will play no further part in this year's campaign, and will therefore leave a massive hole in our team. When the selection process was initiated, little thought was directed to the replacements of a selected draft rider. so the only avenue open to the team is to utilise the guest option. The only two draft riders capable of filling Kerr's boots are Newman and Garrity, and those we cannot use. So losing Lewis is a massive blow......as much as 6 points a meeting..... had Kerr been riding on Monday at Wolves the outcome would surely been a lot closer.....

We as a team are still struggling to overcome the lost of Rory. Riding then, better then he had for some time, he was scoring high and was the second heatleader in most matches, coupled to that, he was the driving force behind the motivation of the team, he was without doubt, another hole to fill.. Although Milik was brought in to offset the that gapping hole, he has failed miserably to score similar points or to generate that team spirit we once had........ It was a tough ask....and probably the wrong man......but the choices were few...

So unfortunately this, our 50th season will pass like all those before, and the league title just as far away... But if Rory and Lewis can make full recoveries and be in the starting team for next year, then to me, that will be as good as I could have hoped for.....

• Like 2

When putting things into prospective, my first thoughts are only for the well being of Lewis Kerr and sincerely hope he continues, as like Rory, along their positive paths to a full recovery. When thinking of there well being the playoffs are of little importance.

Once again, come the business end of the season, 'Lady luck' has struck the Stars team down. so it won't be a case of Belle Vue or Swindon, more likely both will qualify for the play-offs.

One has to assume Lewis will play no further part in this year's campaign, and will therefore leave a massive hole in our team. When the selection process was initiated, little thought was directed to the replacements of a selected draft rider. so the only avenue open to the team is to utilise the guest option. The only two draft riders capable of filling Kerr's boots are Newman and Garrity, and those we cannot use. So losing Lewis is a massive blow......as much as 6 points a meeting..... had Kerr been riding on Monday at Wolves the outcome would surely been a lot closer.....

We as a team are still struggling to overcome the lost of Rory. Riding then, better then he had for some time, he was scoring high and was the second heatleader in most matches, coupled to that, he was the driving force behind the motivation of the team, he was without doubt, another hole to fill.. Although Milik was brought in to offset the that gapping hole, he has failed miserably to score similar points or to generate that team spirit we once had........ It was a tough ask....and probably the wrong man......but the choices were few...

So unfortunately this, our 50th season will pass like all those before, and the league title just as far away... But if Rory and Lewis can make full recoveries and be in the starting team for next year, then to me, that will be as good as I could have hoped for.....

Rory and lewis i would agree are massive losses for you but what i have seen of Charles Wright he could do a good job as could Steve Worrall, maybe not as good as Lewis Kerr but decent replacements, Rory is more of a problem because as you say his replacement Milik is just not firing at the moment, maybe another change is in the pipeline.

Rory and lewis i would agree are massive losses for you but what i have seen of Charles Wright he could do a good job as could Steve Worrall, maybe not as good as Lewis Kerr but decent replacements, Rory is more of a problem because as you say his replacement Milik is just not firing at the moment, maybe another change is in the pipeline.

I'm not running other riders down, although I except Wright and Worrall are good riders they are not a Lewis Kerr. Also availability is always an issue.

As for another change, Lynn have never been a team who change a lot, they will always persevere rather than do an impulse buy.....

• Like 1

Swindon couldn't fit Ward in. They had to drop Kyle Howarth.

Anyone signing Ward would have to drop someone, or rather two people. Difficult to see who KL for example could have dropped without completely unbalancing the side. If Rory had been injured a little later , jus as Ward became available it might have been easier, but realistically you would have to get rid of a number one to fit Ward in, and Swindon just happened to have a number one on the way out at the right time. That's just the way the cookie crumbles sometimes, but if KL get squeezed out it won't be for lack of effort. They were a lot of people's pre-season favourites and it just went wrong for them for all the wrong reasons IMO.

I'm not running other riders down, although I except Wright and Worrall are good riders they are not a Lewis Kerr. Also availability is always an issue.

As for another change, Lynn have never been a team who change a lot, they will always persevere rather than do an impulse buy.....

As it seems he hasn't been picked up yet you could get Pawlicki in for Milik

As it seems he hasn't been picked up yet you could get Pawlicki in for Milik

Can't see them replacing Milik as only just signed him however could maybe use Dakota North if rumours turn out to be true and he is one of the riders Poole release.

If not Maybe North might get signed by one of the other teams looking for a 5/6pt 2nd string 😉

Anyone signing Ward would have to drop someone, or rather two people. Difficult to see who KL for example could have dropped without completely unbalancing the side. If Rory had been injured a little later , jus as Ward became available it might have been easier, but realistically you would have to get rid of a number one to fit Ward in, and Swindon just happened to have a number one on the way out at the right time. That's just the way the cookie crumbles sometimes, but if KL get squeezed out it won't be for lack of effort. They were a lot of people's pre-season favourites and it just went wrong for them for all the wrong reasons IMO.

Swindon's number one was out from the first meeting! We didn't have a number one! How is that lucky? Had our number one still been in the team I'm sure he would have been dropped anyway to fit Ward in.

Lakeside could have had Ward, but he didn't want to go there despite Poole agreeing the move. He chose to go to Swindon instead.

Lakeside could have had Ward, but he didn't want to go there despite Poole agreeing the move. He chose to go to Swindon instead.

I don't think you could say Lakeside were seriously in the frame. From the clubs point of view it was hardly worth spending the money when there was no chance of the play offs anyway and when you consider who would hanve to be dropped it would leave too big a hole in the middle order to be filled ba couple of untried foreign 3or 4 pointers. From Ward s point of view he will have the chance make more money with Swindon because they have more matches left to play, plus a chance of the play offs.

I don't think you could say Lakeside were seriously in the frame. From the clubs point of view it was hardly worth spending the money when there was no chance of the play offs anyway and when you consider who would hanve to be dropped it would leave too big a hole in the middle order to be filled ba couple of untried foreign 3or 4 pointers. From Ward s point of view he will have the chance make more money with Swindon because they have more matches left to play, plus a chance of the play offs.

Bournemouth Echo may not be the most reliable of sources, but an article there said that Matt Ford was disappointed that Ward had gone to Swindon.

He said he wanted him to go to Lakeside and a deal was agreed, but Darcy said he wanted to go to Swindon.

• Like 2

Bournemouth Echo may not be the most reliable of sources, but an article there said that Matt Ford was disappointed that Ward had gone to Swindon.

He said he wanted him to go to Lakeside and a deal was agreed, but Darcy said he wanted to go to Swindon.

Indeed Ward has said himself that Lakeside would have took him so lakeside were seriously in the frame and were willing to spend the money .

All teams can make changes if Swindon make the better one's then bully for them .

• Like 2

Swindon are still in the hunt for the play offs whilst Lakeside aren't. Makes sense that Ward would pick Swindon.

A win for Belle Vue & Swindon tonight.

I think the person who started this thread may need to change the topic title to "Belle Vue, King's Lynn or Swindon for the top 4" as for the first time this season, King's Lynn have dropped out of the top 4 😕

Edited by mdmc82

A win for Belle Vue & Swindon tonight.

I think the person who started this thread may need to change the topic title to "Belle Vue, King's Lynn or Swindon for the top 4" as for the first time this season, King's Lynn have dropped out of the top 4

This was raised several pages back!

• Like 1