British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue, Kings Lynn Or Swindon For 3rd/4th Spot

For me it's far from cut and dried.

Swindon have put themselves in a much improved position, but a lot can happen over the final run in to the play offs.

For me I hope Swindon make it, but a little bit of me hopes the Aces get there too (obviously at the expense of the Stars as Bees & Purates look safe).

My biggest beef remains that the league will be won at reserve, Bees top 5 have been poor to average all year (see averages for confirmation), but their reserves have put them on top of the pile. That for me is just not right!

OnWARDs and upWARDs 👍

Depends how many times Krcmar is "unavailable" between now & end of season??

That's 5 points Blackbird got 2nite that he wouldn't have got.

Already discussed on the BV Forum but what's the betting he's "ill" for when Swindon come to our place and that he gets replaced by Garrity for the evening.

Would put money on it

• Like 1

Depends how many times Krcmar is "unavailable" between now & end of season??

That's 5 points Blackbird got 2nite that he wouldn't have got.

Already discussed on the BV Forum but what's the betting he's "ill" for when Swindon come to our place and that he gets replaced by Garrity for the evening.

Would put money on it

Let's face it the Robins have form for bending the spirit of competition this season so I'd say it's highly likely.

My biggest beef remains that the league will be won at reserve, Bees top 5 have been poor to average all year (see averages for confirmation), but their reserves have put them on top of the pile. That for me is just not right!

OnWARDs and upWARDs 👍

Where are you looking? Kylmakorpi and Robson have both upped their starting averages. Harris and King are something like 0.29 down on theirs which is nothing.

The only one to really be poor has been Hans.

I don't like it Steve & when will this sport finally get a set of rules that can't be worked round season after season.

Absolutely CR.

Any Hint of 'deliberate attempts' to alter averages or sign riders just to gain an advantage (ie a missing Krcmar is stronger with a guest) should be investigated with clear messages sent out.

If the authorities don't care how can we retain any credibility or do we just allow teams and managers to continue to flaunt the good will of the sport?

The sooner we set out rules that aren't meant to be broken and any attempt to alter performance to lower averages is dealt with harshly the sooner the better.

The sad thing is we already know we will have more of the same next year.

Where are you looking? Kylmakorpi and Robson have both upped their starting averages. Harris and King are something like 0.29 down on theirs which is nothing.

The only one to really be poor has been Hans.

Declarations and Green Sheers latest issue, top 5 averages worsened only by Wolves I think 😂

Elite League Top 5 Declared Greensheet totals;

Poole - 35.21

Swindon - 33.70

Belle Vue - 33.57

Lakeside - 33.30

Kings Lynn - 32.19

Leicester - 32.13

Coventry - 32.11

Wolves - 30.57

So please do explain how it is not the superb performances of the Bees reserves that are the reason why they top the league, because I for the life of me can't.

This is why I feel the reserves have too great a bearing on the league's outcome. I do not expect you to agree wholeheartedly, but the facts do not lie.

Edited by 65Sarge
  • Like 3

Elite League Top 5 Declared Greensheet totals;

Poole - 35.21

Swindon - 33.70

Belle Vue - 33.57

Lakeside - 33.30

Kings Lynn - 32.19

Leicester - 32.13

Coventry - 32.11

Wolves - 30.57

So please do explain how it is not the superb performances of the Bees reserves that are the reason why they top the league, because I for the life of me can't.

This is why I feel the reserves have too great a bearing on the league's outcome. I do not expect you to agree wholeheartedly, but the facts do not lie.

Coventry's is largely down to Hans dropping 2points off his average. He's one rider.

If you look at bees starting averages and then latest ones you will see that JK & Robson have upped their averages whilst King's Hasn't changed a lot.

http://www.speedwaygb.co/files/downloads/e15_issue_18.pdf

http://www.speedwaygb.co/request.php?12

Whilst yes Garrity has had some brilliant meetings, Sarjeant is struggling so lately he's been scoring what other teams reserves would together. Example tonight Kerr & Morris scored 14between them, Garrity scored 14 but Sarjeant scored 0. We still won

Edited by mdmc82

the point still stands, our reserves have out scored the oppositions in all but about 5 meetings. 3 of them vs Poole where we have lost!

Thank you, a balanced sensible view at last.

It's great for the Bees to have a pair of exciting youngsters potentially putting them in top spot, but the system needs addressing to offer a fairer playing field when it comes to team building next year (in my opinion).

Swindon have put themselves in a much improved position, but a lot can happen over the final run in to the play offs.

For me I hope Swindon make it, but a little bit of me hopes the Aces get there too (obviously at the expense of the Stars as Bees & Purates look safe).

OnWARDs and upWARDs

Reserves have always had a massive effect on teams winning matches and Leagues it's nothing new .

• Like 2

Thank you, a balanced sensible view at last.

It's great for the Bees to have a pair of exciting youngsters potentially putting them in top spot, but the system needs addressing to offer a fairer playing field when it comes to team building next year (in my opinion).

TBF, any one of about 8 other teams could have had Sarjeant but picked other riders. That left him for Coventry to pick again.

Swindon and Leicester got crappy picks in the first round but should have gained with their second choices who were depending on your view poor choices or a huge let down in 2015.

Edited by SCB

To me the top four looks set in concrete so can't see much changing !

I have to agree, they definitely look like the top 4

Coventry on 52pts and Poole on 47pts look safe.

King's Lynn are on 39 and Belle Vue 31 from 20meetings whilst Swindon are on 36 with a meeting in hand. Didn't realise that both teams had caught up with King's Lynn so much.

Edited by mdmc82

obviously I want Belle Vue to finish 4th, however the weather has been very unkind to us up here in the north and I don't see that changing. Swindon had a great win at Lakeside last night and bagged another 4 points and with the addition of Ward the Robins are on a roll.

Whichever team gets the 4th spot will of been deserved, but me being negative or not I still think the weather will play a major part in Manchester.

obviously I want Belle Vue to finish 4th, however the weather has been very unkind to us up here in the north and I don't see that changing. Swindon had a great win at Lakeside last night and bagged another 4 points and with the addition of Ward the Robins are on a roll.

Whichever team gets the 4th spot will of been deserved, but me being negative or not I still think the weather will play a major part in Manchester.

I'm sure Coventry will let you have a home meeting at Brandon to help you get 4th place over Swindon if needed 😂 👍 Edited by woz01
  • Like 1