British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue, Kings Lynn Or Swindon For 3rd/4th Spot

How many home meetings do Belle Vue have left? Their fixtures say five but the league table has them only having raced eight, which means they have six?

Yes we have 6 home meetings still need to rearange the Leicester match which should add 3 more points to our total.

Yes we have 6 home meetings still need to rearange the Leicester match which should add 3 more points to our total.

Hope they arrange it before the cut off!! Wouldn't want any rain affected meetings that finish after heat 9 and can't be re-run. What happens when Swindon arrive and it's wet and are losing.

Edited by foreverblue

This battle for 4th could go down to the wire which is good for the play off system and good for speedway in general in my opinion.

Assuming Belle Vue win all their home meetings and get a point at Wolves that 16 points unless they win at Wolves but can't see them getting all four so i would say max would be 18, can't see them getting anything at Poole so if Poole win monday at Belle Vue then a likely max would be 15.

Swindon got 4 points at Wolves recently, so a repeat in on the cards plus 3 home meetings that's 13 and could easily pick up 2 or 3 losing bonus points so if Poole win monday the favourite for 4th would be Swindon, if Belle Vue manage to win monday then that would mean another win on the road or a couple more bonus points, either way it is certainly making the end of season more interesting.

If BV pick up away points and Swindon get a few more than expected then suddenly Kings Lynns place starts to look dodgy - especially if one of Coventry or Swindon nick at win there.

I think the Play offs are a good idea. Imagine how boring this season would of been for Teams other than Coventry & Poole otherwise. Look at NL, Birmingham have already won the league and walking the league by July. What's the incentive for the other teams now if not for the introduction of the golden cup.

Edited by mdmc82
  • Like 1

I think the Play offs are a good idea. Imagine how boring this season would of been for Teams other than Coventry & Poole otherwise. Look at NL, Birmingham have already won the league and walking the league by July. What's the incentive for the other teams now if not for the introduction of the golden cup.

The play offs, this season more than ever, have proved their worth. As you say, by June matches other than those for Cov or Poole would have been meaningless. As it is up to the last few week when Leicester and Wolves fell away then every team has had a purpose to the matches and it has helped crowds hold up. Had it not been for play offs I dread to think what crowd the Aces would have had from mid May onwards.

Coupled with the bumper crowds the final generate there is no doubt the play offs are one of the best things to happen in the sport in recent years

• Like 2

LOL!

Instead matches other than Belle Vue or Swindon are meaningless until the autumn.

No need to 'dread' anything, we didn't challenge for the pokc last season and attendances went up and have at least been maintained this year.

Why do some people just take the first thing that comes into their head when looking for an explanation of why something has happened. If you scratch the thin shiny veneer off the pokc you will find something very cheap and nasty underneath.

How do you get that idea?

Coventry & Poole still have a lot of meaning to theirs in the race to finish top.

King's Lynn are still not mathematically safe.

At the other end, nobody wants to claim the wooden spoon so fight between the bottom team as well.

All still to play for

• Like 1

How do you get that idea?

Coventry & Poole still have a lot of meaning to theirs in the race to finish top.

King's Lynn are still not mathematically safe.

At the other end, nobody wants to claim the wooden spoon so fight between the bottom team as well.

All still to play for

He keeps saying the same thing. As no one really takes him on anymore he keeps saying it louder and louder in ever longer posts.

You must have noticed the guy is a fool?

As you say the play offs have given many teams meaningful matches that otherwise would have been dead matches

• Like 2

Just imagine if Swindon hadn't spent all that money on Ward, we'd be sitting around twiddling our thumbs waiting for the rain and the pokc in October.

Swindon are favourites for fourth. Thanks to only needing to win half your meetings to win the pokc it didn't matter that they were useless for the first 3 1/2 months of the season. With Ward for Miedzinski they are now much more competitive and at full strength clearly a match for any team home or away. Even if Belle Vue win every meeting, including 4 point wins at Poole and Wolves and an unexpected home win over Swindon, it's not in their hands as Swindon can still overtake them. On that basis it's in Swindon's hands and theirs to lose.

More realistically, using the +/- table as a guide I reckon Belle Vue will finish on +8 which is easily achievable for Swindon. Our only hope is Rosco ballsing something up, another one of his 'this might surprise some people' moments. Again, theirs to lose. Come on Rosco, get those famous team talks going again, lol!

Another unintended negative of the pokc to add to the stupid heat 10 result thing which was only brought in to help reduce the risk of running out of available dates before the pokc cut off.

If only someone had thought it through, and not let sky force the pokc on speedway after they missed that championship clinching meeting, we'd now be right in the middle a titanic battle for the championship with the top two racing each week for vital points. Exactly the same as last season.

All we've actually got is a bit of interest in who finishes fourth, and a couple of good meetings in the rain to 'look forward to', great.

Belle Vue are certainly favourites, you have 6 meetings at home, Swindon only 3 and all your meetings from now until the end of the season would be meaningless without the play offs.

If the play offs didn't exist there would be little point in bringing in Darcy and the excitement he brings would be lost until next season.

The play offs are not only good for tv, they are good for the fans, which you will find out if you beat Swindon to 4th spot., I have been to many, even been to some when my team are not involved and they are fantastic meetings to attend.

We are in a titanic end of season battle for first and the top teams racing for vital points as it does matter.

I know the purists like yourself would rather there was no tv coverage and no play offs but that is the world we now live in.

I go to football with matches starting at varying times on a sunday, saturday tea time, saturday lunch time and i long for the saturday at 3 kick off like it used to be but tv rules.

He keeps saying the same thing. As no one really takes him on anymore he keeps saying it louder and louder in ever longer posts.

You must have noticed the guy is a fool?

As you say the play offs have given many teams meaningful matches that otherwise would have been dead matches

I blame myself, if i didn't keep replying he wouldn't keep up pretending play offs are a bad thing.

• Like 1

Have you worked out why Belle Vue's attendances went up last season despite not challenging for the pokc?

Stands by for gormless insult no. 3 lol!

No no comment.

I would normally try and make you look stupid but to be honest you are doing all the work for me here so no need

• Like 2

The Mancs are the best team I've seen at Swindon this year and with all the home meetings should make it,,,but Lynn aren't there yet.

8 clear of Belle Vue with the same meetings run + 2 home fixtures with Leicester for us makes it tough work for Belle Vue to then pass us in the league tables IMO.