British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue, Kings Lynn Or Swindon For 3rd/4th Spot

Can't see that being a problem for Swindon, great looking outfit now. Think we'll be pushed aside with ease.

guess that's it then our home season ends Wednesday ?? Talk about a defeatist attitude let's throw the towel in .

Let's hope if teams need guests in meetings vs. Belle Vue then all the other play off teams give them first pick as that will be poetic justice after the stunts Belle Vue have done

Want to list these "stunts" do you? Or just another keyboard warrior?

Congrats to Swindon on a fine result tonight at Cov.

Think Lakeside were happy with Max Fricke's effort's tonight. A match that Poole were always going to win by the way.

If the Aces don't make the playoffs, it's the lack of points from the early season away matches that has cost us - not the last couple of weeks of the regular season. There for all to see.

Our playoff hopes still not over, but looking slim now.

Think Lakeside were happy with Max Fricke's effort's tonight. A match that Poole were always going to win by the way.

If the Aces don't make the playoffs, it's the lack of points from the early season away matches that has cost us - not the last couple of weeks of the regular season. There for all to see.

I apologise as it's just play off rivals that the riders are not allowed to guest for thus meaning Max could ride for Lakeside.

It's wrong as guests are a sad part of speedway even more in today's speedway than ever before.

Either all clubs stop their riders or no clubs do it so it's fair to all.

I think Belle Vue - or any other team - has every right not to allow their riders to guest for play-off rivals. And it can hardly be described as a stunt to look after your own interests. But the comment about guests being 'a sad part of speedway' is absolutely correct. It is sad that injuries & other absences will possibly decide who wins the Elite League title, just hope its not exacerbated by other factors and we never get a repeat of the Peterborough v Reading fiasco.

I think Belle Vue - or any other team - has every right not to allow their riders to guest for play-off rivals. And it can hardly be described as a stunt to look after your own interests. But the comment about guests being 'a sad part of speedway' is absolutely correct. It is sad that injuries & other absences will possibly decide who wins the Elite League title, just hope its not exacerbated by other factors and we never get a repeat of the Peterborough v Reading fiasco.

Are the riders compensated for lost earnings?

Like most matches this season the reserves won the meeting for Poole, scoring 19 points to Lakesides 3 tonight.

I am ignorant to the reserve rules, could anyone (SCB) explain why K Newman rides at 7??

Edited by hyderd

It's not over until it's over

Long way to go yet, but Swindon and Poole are defo the best teams at the moment. That must be the secret to success, lots of Aussies and a few Poles. Kings Lynn unlucky with injuries. Belle Vue the best team at Blunsdon this year. I watched from the centre-green and Cookie was so bloody fast, should be in top 10 of EL averages.

No team can compete with the Roobins top5 at present.

Long way to go yet, but Swindon and Poole are defo the best teams at the moment. That must be the secret to success, lots of Aussies and a few Poles. Kings Lynn unlucky with injuries. Belle Vue the best team at Blunsdon this year. I watched from the centre-green and Cookie was so bloody fast, should be in top 10 of EL averages.

No team can compete with the Roobins top5 at present.

Didn't Poole compete against and easily beat Swindon only a couple of weeks ago.

In a league of only 8 teams it causes serious problems if one team decides to not let their riders guest to an already ridiculous situation & does the sport no good at all.

It would be great if they said from day 1 of the season that was the case & didn't use other riders to guest for them as a result.

I understand why they are doing it but don't think it's right & would say the same thing if Swindon did it.