British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue, Kings Lynn Or Swindon For 3rd/4th Spot

I think Belle Vue will miss out. Swindon are odds-on and Lynn have booked another teams No.1 to replace a mediocre middle order man so should continue their home streak, which will see them gain enough points. Lynn to finish on 54, Swindon on 53 and Belle Vue on 50

Edited by SPEEDY69

I think Belle Vue will miss out. Swindon are odds-on and Lynn have booked another teams No.1 to replace a mediocre middle order man so should continue their home streak, which will see them gain enough points. Lynn to finish on 54, Swindon on 53 and Belle Vue on 50

I think BV will score maximum points from their last 3 matches. Can't see them missing out.

Or he's ambitious... Good for him!

Well, he is as good as Woffy already :lol:

Still favour Kings Lynn & Belle Vue as Swindon have some tough away meetings & could easily lose at home to Coventry.

The current Swindon side will be absolute mint at King's Lynn. They've riders that go really well round the place

He isn't a no 1 anymore and it is a managers duty to get the best guest sometimes that is beneficial other times not, if the hadn't been able to get Ellis at Leicester they wouldn't have won. Coventry have Kus for Robson but that is maybe not beneficial but how long have they had to change the team, it seems they would rather spend the money on fines and appeals!
  • Like 1

Who?

Freddie is 3rd in Wolves averages.

He isn't a no 1 anymore and it is a managers duty to get the best guest sometimes that is beneficial other times not, if the hadn't been able to get Ellis at Leicester they wouldn't have won. Coventry have Kus for Robson but that is maybe not beneficial but how long have they had to change the team, it seems they would rather spend the money on fines and appeals!

Thanks and I realise where he is is the averages. I wasn't implying Lynn have done anything wrong - Lindgren started at No.1 this season and is recently performing much better so this is a good move by Mr Lyon.

The point Swindon got, thanks to the referee rossiter was moaning about, means that even if Belle Vue take maximum points from their remaining fixtures and Swindon win all their home meetings they don't even need to win any of their remaining away meetings to finish above Belle Vue.

Said it weeks ago that Swindon were clear favourites, nothing has changed apart from it becoming even clearer.

You are correct it could be a vital point, also the win at Leicester when they were level going in to heat 15 and Walasek falls which made the much needed win much easier but it isn't all over, this year could be the most exciting play off qualifying tournament ever!

Yep, still can't believe more people are posting about this than the titanic struggle for top spot, I think it's going down to the wire and nobody is bothered, which is a pity for the top teams, again.

Given the importance of finishing top I expect Poole to give Swindon a real hammering tonight, it's not beyond the realms of possibility that top could be decided on points difference.

I have no doubt that Poole will finishing top, looking at the remaining Bees & Pirate fixtures

Yep, still can't believe more people are posting about this than the titanic struggle for top spot, I think it's going down to the wire and nobody is bothered, which is a pity for the top teams, again.

Given the importance of finishing top I expect Poole to give Swindon a real hammering tonight, it's not beyond the realms of possibility that top could be decided on points difference.

I thought that's how its always decided?! :wink::D

NB. I think Poole will let Swindon take something from tonight's meeting as they want to ensure Swindon are in the play-offs. Mind you if KL can beat the Bees that would also be very helpful. :t: