British Speedway Forum

Lakeside V Coventry

Do what?

Nilsson gives 100% effort, and will in all possibility, be Lakeside's rider of the year.

Watty.........well, it depends what bloke turns up; and whether he likes the track after his opening ride.

I wonder about the World some people live in! Kim has a 9ish point home average. Davey hasn't been that good at Lakeside for a few years now. What I will say is it's not a massive drop but based on the stats alone, I'd pick Kim around Lakeside over Watt these days, just. Then theres Ash Birks who again with bonus points is averaging the best part of 9 at home, I'd pick him over Roynon pretty much every time.

Lakesides team is NOT the strongest they have had this year. It's probably not their weakest either tbf but I'm not getting all this super strong Lakeside talk!

As I said above, I'm going for a close meeting. In part because Lakesides meetings general have been close at home this year. They have a solid top 5 but seem to pick up to many lasts at reserve. But that could all go wrong with Ellis/Roynon or Hans/Harris turn up.

Edited by SCB

He did blow an engine and had a fall in Poland yesterday whilst scoring 8 points.

Yeah, but that was in Division IV of the Plotz Shipyards Relegation League ;)

Seriously I like Davey a lot and Lakeside is his favourite place to be, apart from Poole, but while he has been about the only Lakeside guest, apart from Hans this year to put 100% effort into the job I have noticed for sometime that he has started to fade towards the later stages of the meeting at Lakeside. I think Kim would score more but Davey is about the best guest on the average available so cant complain as long as he doesn't have one of his famous howlers.

An almost unpredictable result because none of the major players in the 1-5's except Danny King have shown much consistency of late. There are probably 4 or 5 riders that could either go ,well into double figures or score less than 6. Garraty is the trump card as he has been all season for Cov and will continue to be right though to the play-offs.

12.15pm RACEDAY WEATHER CHECK:

The sun's broken through and there's patches of blue sky above here in Erith just across the Thames from the track and NO hint of rain.

A reminder that online ticket sales end at 1pm.

Next update circa 2.30pm then I am off to the track to man the phone and answer all the "is it on?" calls

For those who have/are purchasing tickets online, go to the club's official website at: http://www.lakesidehammers.com/ for further info including admission procedure etc.

Am keeping up-to-date via BBC Travel with any poss problems on M25 around the Dartford Crossing. Will mention any in next and future Raceday Weather Checks.

Edited by Bryn
  • Like 1

Watty.........well, it depends what bloke turns up; and whether he likes the track after his opening ride.

Hope it's not wet. :lol: Well, actually I do hope it's wet as I support Coventry.

• Like 1

Do you mean that there is someone at the stadium answering phone calls before Bryn turns up ? :D

Well I never!!

Incoming calls are diverted from the Lakeside speedway office at times it's not manned to another number (not mine!) DJ thanks to modern technology! :t: I would hazard a guess that most clubs who do not own their stadiums make similar arrangements rather than use carrier pigeons! :D

Edited by Bryn

Incoming calls are diverted from the Lakeside speedway office at times it's not manned to another number (not mine!) DJ thanks to modern technology! :t: I would hazard a guess that most clubs who do not own their stadiums make similar arrangements.

If that is so, what's the point of people calling when the guy at the other end of the phone isn't at the stadium and is probably in no better position to comment on track and weather conditions than I am from 160 miles away. ;)

• Like 1

I would most certainly think that a guy living less than five miles from the track would be in a far better position than someone (you DJ?) 160 miles away regarding weather conditions at the home of the Vortex Hammers. :rolleyes:

Edited by Bryn
  • Like 2

Incoming calls are diverted from the Lakeside speedway office at times it's not manned to another number (not mine!) DJ thanks to modern technology! :t: I would hazard a guess that most clubs who do not own their stadiums make similar arrangements rather than use carrier pigeons! :D

Poole use Starman, who lives at the stadium.

• Like 1

Poole use Starman, who lives at the stadium.

Ha ha, not quite mate, but my London tones can be heard from time to time !! :D

Oh right, that's good to know.

Despite Davey Watt getting 5 points for us from four rides, against Belle Vue the other week.

That doesn't mean he wasn't trying and he did get paid 10 for Lakeside against Leicester.

I wonder about the World some people live in! Kim has a 9ish point home average. Davey hasn't been that good at Lakeside for a few years now. What I will say is it's not a massive drop but based on the stats alone, I'd pick Kim around Lakeside over Watt these days, just. Then theres Ash Birks who again with bonus points is averaging the best part of 9 at home, I'd pick him over Roynon pretty much every time.

Lakesides team is NOT the strongest they have had this year. It's probably not their weakest either tbf but I'm not getting all this super strong Lakeside talk!

As I said above, I'm going for a close meeting. In part because Lakesides meetings general have been close at home this year. They have a solid top 5 but seem to pick up to many lasts at reserve. But that could all go wrong with Ellis/Roynon or Hans/Harris turn up.

So your saying at the start of your post an easy away win then at the end Lakeside may sneak a win!! Personally hoping for a easy Lakeside win.

Edited by foreverblue

2.30pm RACEDAY WEATHER CHECK:

Will shortly (3pmish) be picked up for the short distance journey from last slip road before Dartford Tunnels to Vortex Hammers Speedway office. Weather fine with more and more blue sky patches now showing through and NO hint of rain.

Remember Just £5 Adult admission to tonight's match that gets underway at 7.30pm

BBC Travel News suggests congestion from M20 to Dartford Tunnel Southside of Thames & Lakeside Services (exit to a1306 & stadium) to Thames Bridge Northside and will relate any further news on that once I'm at the track.

Edited by Bryn
  • Like 1