British Speedway Forum

Took our 6yo grandson Lewis to his first ever meeting on Friday, he was delighted to see a rider with the same name as him

Can't believe what has occurred less than 48hrs later - of course grandson will not be told

Our thoughts and prayers are with Lewis Kerr and his family and loved ones, Josh too

Best wishes to Lewis Kerr.

Also as all of us who were there can testify it was just a racing incident may I suggest that Josh Grazconek gets as much moral support from fans from all teams.

Yet again a case of a rider going under the airfence. A problem I'm sure we would all agree has been happening far to often and it needs sorting NOW.

He is mate, its all on his twitter page.

Ashtree123, while I understand and in many ways agree with your anger re. the Lambert situation, all speedway fans esp. those like me who support the Diamonds are more concerned with the condition of Lewis Kerr just now. Tomorrow is another day when your management may, if your words are correct, have to justify their actions. But tonight is not the time, so please have some compassion and leave it till the morning.

Edited by HadrianDog
  • Like 5

Are you for real Ashtree123, do you really think any of us care at this moment about if Lambert wanted to ride or not.

Most of us don't care less about results or petty name calling, we only have one concern right now, regardless of what team we support and that's Lewis Kerr.

• Like 4

My apologies to TWK and any others for my stupidity in writing Rose rather than Kerr. Tonight is not the time for such carelessness.

No need to say sorry. Whilst we all feel the sadness and shock of what has happened today, it must be very hard for those who support Newcastle & King's Lynn who see & follow him every week.

Fingers crossed we hear something positive very soon. X

Edited by mdmc82

Ashtree123, while I understand and in many ways agree with your anger re. the Lambert situation, all speedway fans esp. those like me who support the Diamonds are more concerned with the condition of Lewis Kerr just now. Tomorrow is another day when your management may, if your words are correct, have to justify their actions. But tonight is not the time, so please have some compassion and leave it till the morning.

accept my apologies, wrong time of posting to which it has been deleted

My thoughts are wishing Lewis a speedy recovery

• Like 4

A post from Barry Wright on Twitter, according to Jessie (Lewis' wife) mum :

"It's early days but the head scans on Lewis were ok.going to try and wake him slowly.checking for any neck injury"

Thanks for keeping us posted. Good to hear head scans were okay. Hopefully the rest will be positive news as well.

• Like 2

A post from Barry Wright on Twitter, according to Jessie (Lewis' wife) mum :

"It's early days but the head scans on Lewis were ok.going to try and wake him slowly.checking for any neck injury"

Only just caught up with the news tonight as I've been out today. So pleased to read the already things are not looking as bad as they could have been and I was imaging and dreading as I was reading posted this evening.

My thoughts are with Lewis, his family and friends. And Josh G who probably feels as rubbish as rubbish gets tonight. As others gave said, Josh and any others riders effected by this and any other accident for that matter should get any help and support that they need.

devastating news but obviously a positive sign that the head scans showed no signs of head injuries.

As many already have mentioned Josh is likely not feeling too good either so hopefully he gets all the support he needs.

Finally I hope that the news of this accident doesn't bring back any unpleasant memories for Sebastian Aldèn.