British Speedway Forum

Shocking attitude from Robert Lambert. He has let down Peterborough on a number of occasions this year but this has got to be the worst.

He guests only last night & not only rides well but scores a 15 point max and breaks the track record twice without a problem.

Yet he had pulled out of the meeting for his own team injured.

He may be a talented rider but he's not going to get far with this kind of attitude already 👎🏻

Shows very little respect for the club or their fans.

• Like 2

Judging by some of the team comments on here I'd be very disappointed if the solid looking Comets weren't on the podium at the very least?

If Kenneth Hansen rides the big track at Peterborough as well as he's been doing on our's lately then he's one ace in the hole for us at reserve, got a pretty good chance here, if we put it all in, of having something to polish this season after all? :D

Young Lambert is a huge talent, and hopefully a star for Team GB for many years to come, but his attitude towards Peterborough stinks to high heaven and not for the first time he has let his promotion, team mates and supporters down. IMO Peterborough would be better off without him, and all this after the Peterborough promotion went to the trouble of arguing his case to get him into this meeting.

Great talent p!$$ poor attitude.

• Like 2

Why are people so angry with lambert, if he has genuinely pulled his shoulder or whatever when loading his bikes surely thats just one of them things? Yeah he rode and got 15 pt max this was before he did whatever to his shoulder. The kid is 17, what hes done this year has been outstanding i say give him a break but if i was a panthers fan i would be fustrated too but can it be helped. As flr getting people to load bikes for him, he probably wants to help, he never injured his shoulder as far as i know so this is a new injury is it not.

• Like 1

Why are people so angry with lambert, if he has genuinely pulled his shoulder or whatever when loading his bikes surely thats just one of them things? Yeah he rode and got 15 pt max this was before he did whatever to his shoulder. The kid is 17, what hes done this year has been outstanding i say give him a break but if i was a panthers fan i would be fustrated too but can it be helped. As flr getting people to load bikes for him, he probably wants to help, he never injured his shoulder as far as i know so this is a new injury is it not.

I don't believe this anymore reading it, than you do when writing it.

• Like 2

Judging by some of the team comments on here I'd be very disappointed if the solid looking Comets weren't on the podium at the very least?

If Kenneth Hansen rides the big track at Peterborough as well as he's been doing on our's lately then he's one ace in the hole for us at reserve, got a pretty good chance here, if we put it all in, of having something to polish this season after all? :D

2 rides, 2 EF for Comets. Beating themselves so far

I don't have a problem with Worky using their reserve to replace someone not going so good, but, this is hardly fair as Glasgow are not allowed to have a reserve.

In saying that after all that has gone on with this comp so far you can't make any more of a laughing stock of thi tournament.

• Like 1

I'm a Panthers fan and I don't care how good he is, I'd sack him as no one is bigger than the club. Id rather have a committed team man like S.Lambert (who's actually here with his arm in a sling helping out) who will be there if he can every week...anyway back to the 4's and what a pathetic performance from the Panthers and crap racing..wish I hadn't bothered to come like Lambert.

Edited by Lukas
  • Like 2

I'm a Panthers fan and I don't care how good he is, I'd sack him as no one is bigger than the club. Id rather have a committed team man like S.Lambert who will be there if he can every week.

Agree with you, giving even half fit I am sure S.Lambert would've jumped at the chance at riding in todays meeting.

• Like 1

Is the track as bad as the photos on Twitter and reports from people there say? Dusty with poor racing? Peterborough has always been one of the best tracks in the past

Racing has been mediocre at best. Track was a dust bowl towards the end of the semis

Big mistake keeping the out of sorts Anders Mellgren in for his second ride. A point from Luke Bowen would've seen us through to the final