British Speedway Forum

Torun Gp Tickets

The temp tracks have thrown up some brilliant meetings. I can remember Gelsenkirchen (the year it actually run) being boring and some of the Gothenburg GPs have been pretty bland but I can also remember plenty of GPs on revered permanent tracks being mundane. (and plenty of World Final's for that matter)

The temp tracks are getting better and better. Cardiff this year there was good racing, Stockholm was good (2nd half in particular) Horsens was excellent. What more do people on here really want?

• Like 1

Surely it's about what thousands of paying supporters want rather than sixteen riders, unless they wish to pay to race?

Oh don't be silly, paying supporters don't matter, did you not know that by now!!!!

I jest, I agree, it should be about what the thousands of supporters want, not the 16 riders, but fans are fickle, it's a day out for them more than the quality of racing I suspect.

Oh don't be silly, paying supporters don't matter, did you not know that by now!!!!

I jest, I agree, it should be about what the thousands of supporters want, not the 16 riders, but fans are fickle, it's a day out for them more than the quality of racing I suspect.

And why do you think they put GPs on at these venues. It isn't because BSI have a whole load of money they want to waste by staging GPs in near deserted stadia. Big city, big venues are exactly what the public want as demonstrated by them flocking to them

And why do you think they put GPs on at these venues. It isn't because BSI have a whole load of money they want to waste by staging GPs in near deserted stadia. Big city, big venues are exactly what the public want as demonstrated by them flocking to them

Well I agree, most will agree. Angry people on here won't agree...

Well I agree, most will agree. Angry people on here won't agree...

It is all so reminiscent of the old BDO darts fans. They used to sit among 200 or 300 other old dears at their events telling the world that the 10,000 crowds at the Premier League or the Ally Pally is not what darts fans want

• Like 1

Big city, big venues are exactly what the public want as demonstrated by them flocking to them

Erm... they're flocking to Stockholm and Copenhagen, Gothenburg and Auckland before them? Even the 'big city' Polish tracks haven't been sell-outs I don't think.

Sure they'll pull more than tracks in the middle of fields because travelling fans can more easily get to city venues and there's more to do when they get there. However, you've got to offset that against the undoubtedly higher staging costs.

It's basically Cardiff that pulls a decent crowd. Warsaw did as well, but BSI mucked that up, and Melbourne is as yet unproven.

Humphrey where do you recommend the GPs are staged then? And I'm not trying to be a smart 4rse, genuine question.

And btw, Stockholm GPs have been ok from what I saw and Ive been to all 3. Not Massive but pretty good.

Erm... they're flocking to Stockholm and Copenhagen, Gothenburg and Auckland before them? Even the 'big city' Polish tracks haven't been sell-outs I don't think.

Sure they'll pull more than tracks in the middle of fields because travelling fans can more easily get to city venues and there's more to do when they get there. However, you've got to offset that against the undoubtedly higher staging costs.

It's basically Cardiff that pulls a decent crowd. Warsaw did as well, but BSI mucked that up, and Melbourne is as yet unproven.

Sweden have staged a big city GP every year for the last 8 years, and others before that, PARKEN staged over 10 consecutive GPs. Cardfiff has staged 15 in a row. The big city events in the speedway nations seem to do OK. Events outside those countries seem to struggle for a foothold maybe

After the Warsaw farce I think more attention/time to prepare was given to the indoor temporary tracks and overall it led to better racing. As long as they continue with that policy the indoor tracks should continue to attract crowds.

The GP series, lets not forget is a business, and businesses want turnover to, hopefully, generate profit.

Its balance between the organisers looking after the fans, the riders, and the accounts book.

• Like 1

Since Warsaw (which I spent a lot of time and money getting to) they have made 3 perfect temp tracks. Warsaw was an almighty **** up and one I still cannot believe was made in Poland of all places. However still say the big city and big stadium GPs are the right way to go.

I'v been to Cardiff Stockholm (Olympic and Friends) Copenhagen and also Wroclaw, Krsko, Lonigo and I for one can tell you it's much more enjoyable being in a brand new stadium in a big city. Places like Torun are a perfect medium, but unfortunately there arent so many of them about,

AND it is about the riders, without whom there would be no SGPs in stadiums big or small. I know I am in a somewhat privileged position talking to riders but, believe me, they dream about racing in these big stadiums rather than ones that they go to week in and week out. It is what most (not Emil sadly) aspire to...

There was a time when every footballer wanted to play at Wembley. That probably isn't as true now because the stadard of football stadia in this country has risen dramatically but Wembley still has a special aura. Cardiff is a speedway rider's Wembley.