British Speedway Forum

Torun Gp Tickets

Amazing to be in the stadium to witness tai winning the title. Great stadium, imagine having that as your home track every week!

Polish fans around us on form as ever, thought crowd would be bigger. And a 2,3,4,6 not bad night of bets. Shame about nicki winning it mind. Doyle should of slammed the door shut on nicki, let's face it, if other way round, Doyley would of joined us on back straight!

Great GP, Great venue and a great country, love you Poland!

• Like 2

Looks like I am the only Berwick fan not to be in Torun, every time the cameras went onto the crowd I saw someone I knew. Might have to get my back side track side next year.

Maybe Screm.For the last four years I've been sorting tickets for my very good friends who follow the Bandits! ;)

Excellent track, excellent racing.

Whoever won out of those 8 semi finalists would have been a worthy winner.

Nicki, a worthy winner of the meeting. It was only right that he and Doyley battled it out for top spot and whichever got the top spot would have been worthy.

Likewise a worthy world champ. I am not Tais biggest fan, but he ruled the roost this year with his riding ability, took the opportunity to make it look easy (and its not) when others didn't maintain the form they have achieved in recent times.

Its a pity Zagars efforts have been subdued since his bad crash, lets hope he gets over its effects 100%

And just wish AJ could ride like he did last night all the time, he would be up there. Though he did the same last year, turned on the style towards the end of the GP season. He must be a wild card contender for next year, bu after his comments on speedwaygp.com I wonder if he will want it.

Overall the 2015 GP season seemed mixed to me, some high spots, but too many lows, starting with the Warsaw GP.

First of all a massive WELL DONE to Woffy for winning the World Championship again. He was the consistent standout performer this year and thoroughly deserved to win.

Wow, what a meeting....Most organisations leave the best till last, and BSI done just that in keeping Torun till the end of the season . Just shows what superb speedway and brilliant excitement can be dished up when everything is right. Really does put those purpose made tracks to shame.....

Me in my dream world, when thinking of our own purpose stadium being built in Manchester, we can have a similar venue, where every meeting will be special..... But in the real world there's no guarantee the track will work the same way.....

If I was in charge of building our new showpiece, I'd take a team of surveyors over to Poland, to reprecate every detail of that track. It is that perfect. It is the only track when missing the gate doesn't matter. You will always have a chance of winning.

If our new showpiece can serve up speedway, half as good as we saw last night, I'll be well chuffed...... We've already had enough Gate and Go tracks to last a lifetime.....

Edited by GRW123

First of all a massive WELL DONE to Woffy for winning the World Championship again. He was the consistent standout performer this year and thoroughly deserved to win.

Wow, what a meeting....Most organisations leave the best till last, and BSI done just that in keeping Torun till the end of the season . Just shows what superb speedway and brilliant excitement can be dished up when everything is right. Really does put those purpose made tracks to shame.....

Me in my dream world, when thinking of our own purpose stadium being built in Manchester, we can have a similar venue, where every meeting will be special..... But in the real world there's no guarantee the track will work the same way.....

If I was in charge of building our new showpiece, I'd take a team of surveyors over to Poland, to reprecate every detail of that track. It is that perfect. It is the only track when missing the gate doesn't matter. You will always have a chance of winning.

If our new showpiece can serve up speedway, half as good as we saw last night, I'll be well chuffed...... We've already had enough Gate and Go tracks to last a lifetime.....

Chris Morton and his partner(s) have already been to look at tracks, including Torun, to take ideas to BV new track.

There is going to be banking, the track is as big as it can be to fit the space, even to an extent there will be no stands on one corner, and it will be a widish track.

Quote ..... "The icing on the cake for Tai , imo would be something from the queen in her birthday honour's list. For what he has achieved world champ again, and his charity work..."

Didn't someone say when it was being discussed last week that not only Tai didn't sing the national anthem, but talked through it.... that it might come back and bite him one day.

Maybe that day will be when the Queen sits down and thinks, ah! Tai Woffinden.... wasn't he the one who talked through the national anthem. Now should I or should I not.

Just thinking aloud.

Edited by Joe Hatton

The icing on the cake for Tai , imo would be something from the queen in her birthday honour's list.

For what he has achieved world champ again, and his charity work...

Get that petition started...it's about time we had a British speedway MBE. Briggs MBE and Mauger MBE were a long time ago.

Didn't someone say when it was being discussed last week that not only Tai didn't sing the national anthem, but talked through it.... that it might come back and bite him one day.

Maybe that day will be when the Queen sits down and thinks, ah! Tai Woffinden.... wasn't he the one who talked through the national anthem. Now should I or should I not.

Just thinking aloud.

It would be just nice to know that she knows enough about speedway to remember that!

• Like 2

It would be just nice to know that she knows enough about speedway to remember that!

Agree, I`d be amazed if she has ever heard of Tai Woffinden, though to be fair to her she has lost all her local tracks and would have to get over to Lakeside of a Friday night to see some speedway, and the traffic will be abysmal.

• Like 3

Get that petition started...it's about time we had a British speedway MBE. Briggs MBE and Mauger MBE were a long time ago.

I believe Peter Collins, Chris Morton and Kelvin Tatum have the MBE. I think every British world champion should be honoured, (although I admit Lee and to a lesser extent Havelock aren't shining examples.)

Mauger also has the OBE (Old Big 'Ed!)

Great GP on a track that allows for track craft, bravery and speed to combine and produce real racing.

Congratulations to Tai on becoming the third British born rider to win the World Title twice.

At the age of 25, the opportunity is there to become the first to become a triple Title holder - or even more.

AFAIK, neither Freddie Williams or Peter Craven received recognition honours for their achievements. Maybe Tai will. His charity work should not be overlooked, even if he comes in for criticism at times with the deliberate swearing on TV and behaviour on the rostrum.

Wonder what this news is that he tweeted about, that he can't wait to share but won't reveal until later this month...

I believe Peter Collins, Chris Morton and Kelvin Tatum have the MBE. I think every British world champion should be honoured, (although I admit Lee and to a lesser extent Havelock aren't shining examples.)

Mauger also has the OBE (Old Big 'Ed!)

I have to admit I either didn't know or forgot about the others. Tai deserves it equally as much.