British Speedway Forum

Torun Gp Tickets

Line up for Rawicz meeting tomorrow-3pm

Lista startowa:

1. Mariusz Staszewski (Kolejarz Intermarche Rawicz)

2. Krystian Pieszczek (SPAR Falubaz Zielona Góra)

3. Rafał Karczmarz (MONEYmakesMONEY.pl Stal Gorzów)

4. Damian Adamczak (Orzeł Łódź)

5. Piotr Świderski (MONEYmakesMONEY.pl Stal Gorzów)

6. Marcin Nowak (MRGARDEN GKM Grudziądz)

7. Steven Mauer (Kolejarz Intermarche Rawicz)

8. Dominik Kubera (Fogo Unia Leszno)

9. Jakub Jamróg (Orzeł Łódź)

10. Marcel Kajzer (Kolejarz Intermarche Rawicz)

11. Marcin Jędrzejewski (Polonia Bydgoszcz)

12. Adrian Cyfer (MONEYmakesMONEY.pl Stal Gorzów)

13. Anders Thomsen (Kolejarz Intermarche Rawicz)

14. Robert Miśkowiak (Polonia Bydgoszcz)

15. Sebastian Niedźwiedź (Orzeł Łódź)

16. Peter Karger (brak klubu)

Anders Thomsen will surely be at Peterborough ?

Does anyone know about the fitness of Pavel Przedpelski ? he pulled out halfway through tarnow v torun last week, but i fancy a fully fit pavel to do well tonight, but just noticed his odds drifting on the markets, so maybe not fully fit?

thanks

HE has been advised by the Torun doctor not to ride, which is why he skipped practice, but is desperate to compete tonight. If he pulls out his place will be taken by Piotr Pawlicki.

Przedpelski is very highly rated here, not just in Torun where he is a local hero, but throughout Polish speedway and is seen as a future SGP star.

But, having watched Pawlicki and Zmarzlik in practice yesterday, these kids could shake up the SGP next year as well.

HE has been advised by the Torun doctor not to ride, which is why he skipped practice, but is desperate to compete tonight. If he pulls out his place will be taken by Piotr Pawlicki.

Przedpelski is very highly rated here, not just in Torun where he is a local hero, but throughout Polish speedway and is seen as a future SGP star.

But, having watched Pawlicki and Zmarzlik in practice yesterday, these kids could shake up the SGP next year as well.

I hope you right, Phil, needs a shake up after this year, Tai has had his own way too much (not taking anything away from his riding ability as that has been top notch - just others not come to the party as strong as they have in the past).

I just waiting to see how the youngsters go for a full season of GP. I am sure they will do well sometimes but may flop other times, of the first year at least. After the first year things could get very interesting IMO.

Any rider who rides against doctors orders loses any right to ever again complain about safety. If they can ride injured they can ride on wet tracks. Same with riders who don't wear goggles.

Riders have a bloody cheek at times. Claim safety this and that by when it's suits they ignore safety!

Edited by SCB

Any rider who rides against doctors orders loses any right to ever again complain about safety. If they can ride injured they can ride on wet tracks. Same with riders who don't wear goggles.

Riders have a bloody cheek at times. Claim safety this and that by when it's suits they ignore safety!

I take it you've never been self employed then?

Surely doctors will always exercise caution but the rider knows his own body best.

Take your point about the way the safety card is sometimes played but on this occasion I can't fault the lad for wanting to give it a go, here's hoping he comes through unscathed.

1984 . Kenny Carter -won the British Final riding with a broken leg. ;)

Speedway is littered over the last 60 years with riders who were strongly advised not to ride, but did so anyway. No indication whatsoever that Prezedpelski would have been a danger to anyone but his own good health. All moot anyway.

1984 . Kenny Carter -won the British Final riding with a broken leg. ;)

Speedway is littered over the last 60 years with riders who were strongly advised not to ride, but did so anyway. No indication whatsoever that Prezedpelski would have been a danger to anyone but his own good health. All moot anyway.

TBF, I doubt of Kenny Carter EVER played the safety card. He raced on everything and anything.