British Speedway Forum

Arena Essex

Purely guessing here but I suspect the issue is not one of can speedway use the stadium but simply when and at what price, if AJ is not in the Grand Prix next season it's makes wanting to retain a Friday race night even more attractive but then if Kent run on a Friday it muddies the water further, if it is a question of race night, we cannot expect any promotion to take one which they feel will cost them thousands in debt to run because once your bankrupted, stadium or no stadium it makes no difference.

I recall Jon saying at the last home meeting if the wind does blow in the wrong direction or words to that effect they would run a special farewell meeting, whether that's 2015 or sometime in 2016 i don't know but I hope it does not come to that just yet but it's clear that whatever happens that venue in its present form is only temporary.

Purely guessing here but I suspect the issue is not one of can speedway use the stadium but simply when and at what price, if AJ is not in the Grand Prix next season it's makes wanting to retain a Friday race night even more attractive but then if Kent run on a Friday it muddies the water further, if it is a question of race night, we cannot expect any promotion to take one which they feel will cost them thousands in debt to run because once your bankrupted, stadium or no stadium it makes no difference.

I recall Jon saying at the last home meeting if the wind does blow in the wrong direction or words to that effect they would run a special farewell meeting, whether that's 2015 or sometime in 2016 i don't know but I hope it does not come to that just yet but it's clear that whatever happens that venue in its present form is only temporary.

I really hope Cov are looking at AJ as number one for next year fingers crossed Edited by kingbee

Tell you what 'King Bee' if you're so sure of that then why don't you put it on the Coventry 2016 thread?

Better suited there than trying to kick my team while it's down.

Bit of respect eh?

It is on the 2016 thread.

He's only stated that he has heard AJ would like to be at Brandon next year which is what I've also heard. His post wasn't at all about Lakesides predicament and as you may know there may not be a Coventry Bees side in 2017 so there was no disrespect there at all.

Tell you what 'King Bee' if you're so sure of that then why don't you put it on the Coventry 2016 thread?

Better suited there than trying to kick my team while it's down.

Bit of respect eh?

not kicking any team when it's down we are in the same position as you no track after 2017 but I'm sure Mick Horton will do what's best for Cov not Arena .And for your info it is on Cov Site most Cov fans want AJ back

It is on the 2016 thread.

He's only stated that he has heard AJ would like to be at Brandon next year which is what I've also heard. His post wasn't at all about Lakesides predicament and as you may know there may not be a Coventry Bees side in 2017 so there was no disrespect there at all.

we must have posted at the same time lol
  • Like 1

Not what I heard

Think you might have heard wrong then, Cook confirmed at a meeting towards end of the season that AJ had given him his word he will be back next season. I can't remember which meeting though. Not sure if matters what Coventry want if AJ wants to ride at Lakeside. Edited by liam

Think you might have heard wrong then, Cook confirmed at a meeting towards end of the season that AJ had given him his word he will be back next season. I can't remember which meeting though. Not sure if matters what Coventry want if AJ wants to ride at Lakeside.

surely Cook would have to get permission to speak to him first from Horton about next season or was it an illegal approach ?
  • Like 1

Looking back through old threads it was the Leicester meeting on 26th June when Cook said about AJ staying next year.

surely Cook would have to get permission to speak to him first from Horton about next season or was it an illegal approach ?

You will have to ask Cook if it was an illegal approach as Iam sorry I don't know this information ha. Maybe it was just AJ telling him what he will be doing. Iam just passing on what was said that evening.

We all know riders will go where they want.

AJ seems happy and content with being at Lakeside.

If he wants to go back to Cov he will but seems all on the side of the Hammers if they run.

We all know riders will go where they want.

AJ seems happy and content with being at Lakeside.

If he wants to go back to Cov he will but seems all on the side of the Hammers if they run.

but the uncertainty that lakeside might not run is only going to make the decision to ride for cov a lot easier, riders like to get things sorted for the next season asap and not be left hanging around

Looking back through old threads it was the Leicester meeting on 26th June when Cook said about AJ staying next year.

You will have to ask Cook if it was an illegal approach as Iam sorry I don't know this information ha. Maybe it was just AJ telling him what he will be doing. Iam just passing on what was said that evening.

We will have to wait and see what happens and I do hope Arena come the tapes next season seriously