British Speedway Forum

Lakeside Select V Belle Vue Select

I will never know why BV did not take a leaf from Lord Frauds book. If the fixture looks dicey, call it off. Funnily enough Frauds move was also against Lakeside :wink:

It's an away fixture and try as we might, like last time we couldn't change it.

We did try The Lord Fraud approach but were then docked 3 league points. Face didn't fit it seems.

EI ADDIO - Grajczonek was not in the team when the fixtures were published and who knows whether representations were made by the Aces to change the fixture. Over the years we have had problems with a number of clubs refusing to change dates.

So far as not knowing that Fricke and Nielsen would be in the WU21 you miss the point. What is known is that those meetings are going to be held, that teams with U 21 riders may be affected and so to arrange fixtures for the 2 Friday night clubs so that either they race clubs who will not be affected, avoid those dates or, rearrange the date if a club has signed say more than one rider, since the original fixtures were published, who has qualified for

an FIM event.

As I said it may not always be possible to avoid every conflict but at the moment there are far too many farcical matches such as last night's. It is undoubtedly one of the main reasons why so many fans are becoming disenchanted.

I take your point but when you factor in GP weekends and the SWC that is a big chunk missing for teams with GP riders. I am not defending it but it is an example of how all these continental meetings we never used to have are messing up the domestic calendar plus of course have D/u riders. It's obviously not a desirable situation but the causes go much deeper than simply saying it bad fixture planning.

Very unusual for Belle Vue to go to Lakeside understrength, usually Lakeside are more than happy to rearrange what the random Lakeside fixture planner throws up to make sure any fixture clashes are minimised. Just check back on the updates website to see the last time we went to Lakeside understrength. l!

You only have to go back two months to the A fixture when BV turned up with four guests. The difference then was Adam Ellis scored two points and BV won so nobody complained . This time Adam scored 12 +2 and Lakeside won, so suddenly it's all the fault of the fixture list. The vast majority of matches these days seem to be won and lost at EDR reserve. I think we have only had one meeting at Lakeside this year where neither team had a guest so it's not a problem unique to Bell Vue.

• Like 1

On the thread for the last match lots of Aces fans were bemoaning the guest situation, it didn't matter win or lose.

The only difference between the two threads was Lakeside fans were ranting about the FDR system but that seems alright now......Jack.

That's a whoosh I'm afraid!

This fixture should have been rearranged shouldn't it, unless it actually wasn't made more important by the pokc and racing a meeting with several riders missing is okay?

What's even more of a missed open goal is the opportunity to even have Cook appear for Belle Vue at lakeside, quite possibly a historic speedway moment!

The first meeting between the two sides at lakeside which was a thrilling last heat decider, Cook (not the rider) could have gone to sky and said something like,

"why don't you show us v Belle Vue, last time it was brilliant with a last heat decider and that will give us the chance to race against a full team including Craig Cook"

Sky would have been all over it like a rash, not only making a big deal of the crucial pokc points at stake but also be able to make a big thing about Cook being there.

I wonder why that didn't even enter Cook's (not the rider) head?

Not sure it works like that with Sky. How many times do they miss the attractive fixtures (unless it involves Poole ) and put a less significant one on. Take for example the last Lakeside broadcast. Lakeside had had on meeting in five weeks. Thanks to SWC etc, then when they finally got to two meetings on consecutive Friday's Sky decide to put Lakeside -v- Wolves on in the same week which is not only too much for the average supporter with a consequential affect on attendance , but it was of little interest to anyone except fans of the two clubs concerned. Worse still it had originally been an August fixture which in school holidays would have brought in a decent crowd . On top of that the next Sky fixture is Lakeside -v-Coventry, one side nailed on for the play offs , the other side out if it so again no interest to anyone except fans of the two clubs concerned, yet once again Sky in their wisdom are pulling th meeting from an August fixture when it is guaranteed a good crowd and putting it on in the same week as the Swindon visit, a lot won't bother to come twice in the snanme week.

So, to be honest I am beginning to think Sky are more trouble than they are worth unless your name is Ford or Russell.

On the thread for the last match lots of Aces fans were bemoaning the guest situation, it didn't matter win or lose.

The only difference between the two threads was Lakeside fans were ranting about the FDR system but that seems alright now......Jack.

Not alright now at all . Lakeside fans have been moaning about the EDR system all season. The fact that Adam Ellis has suddenly started doing well on it doesn't make a flawed system right. I have said on here several times that the disparity between the highest and the lowest is too great, and the picks are not equal. Ashley Birks injury highlights another problem . When a rider of his calibre gets injured there is no chance of getting a comparable guest.

In short the Fast track has become the Farce Track, and the fact the Adam Ellis has suddenly stated going well in no way changes the fundamental flaw in the system.

More importantly. a collection on behalf of Rory Schlein raised £745 , a mark of the esteem in which he is held at Lakeside.

Best wishes for a good recovery Roo-Boy.

• Like 4

I was there Jonny the Spud,and i can tell you Adam,s gating was electric, must have had his set ups spot on and he looked quick and solid tonight..I think this was his best performance ,that i have seen around Lakeside anyway.. The team rode well and deserved to win the match ,, But the track got very dusty in the second half on a very warm evening..

• Like 1