British Speedway Forum

Danish Gp In Horsens 08.08

Aces, Tai was lucky in the semi when he was in 3rd place when Holder fell.

Zagar and Janowski was well ahead and I don't think Tai would have managed to catch them.

Janowski was well clear, Zagar wasn't though, Tai was right behind him as they entered turn 3, with Holder only a tad further away when he fell.

I have really enjoyed the trip to Horsens and the weather has been great which makes a nice change based on previous trips to Denmark.

Still a long way to go but Tai is looking good for his second win.

As for the unusual (although not unheard of) backstraight bunching decision - I am no fan of Jim Lawrence but I somehow doubt he made the decision without considerable input and guidance from others!

I'm no fan either and thought it a really poor decision. However having met Mr Lawrence the idea of him accepting instructions from anybody is laughable :lol:

How anyone is complaining about that GP I do not know. Cracking little stadium, great racing, bit of controversy that is the entertainment I am after when i sit down to watch a GP
GPs 1 and 2 this year were a complete sht show but since then I think it's been a bloody good series.

• Like 1

As for the unusual (although not unheard of) backstraight bunching decision - I am no fan of Jim Lawrence but I somehow doubt he made the decision without considerable input and guidance from others!

Absolute rubbish, and as others have said if Lawrence felt one of the riders was at fault he would have gone no matter who he was.

The ref got it right as no one rider was to blame. If the rule was changed to allow all 4 back should there be a crash on any lap then it would solve the problem.

If the ref had excluded PK or NP some one would have said he got it wrong. He was in a no win position.

• Like 1

Once again we get the "purists"..following every minute details which interests them but sadly means ***k all to the general public.

speedway is not chess..it is not golf..its "Entertainment"...and far far too many people lose sight of this.

Jim Lawrence used his judgement for the betterment of the crowd, the TV and the general ambience of the sport.

Was the meeting poorer for this decision..no....did it show a modicom of pure commonsense..yes.....

Speedway must address the general wishes of the public who pay either at the gate or via TV.

The rule book is rediculous, far too much sub standard garbage...get real........ the days of the fan with a bobble hat..3 programmes, stopwatches.slaving over the times of races..etc..are gone.

The sport needs all the fans,sponsorship, media coverage, "entertainers" it can muster, or else the only 15 fans left will be those who are obsessed with pointless self gratifying trivia.

• Like 4

Spiegal, then Jim have done wrong. As a referee, you cannot choose when you want to follow the rules.

A referee cannot refrain from excluding a rider who is at fault just because he/she thinks that the meeting would benefit from not excluding a certain rider.

A referee cannot and shall not exclude a less exciting rider and refrain from excluding a more exciting rider for the same kind of incident.

Any referee that does that should immediately hand in his or hers referee licence.

Edited by Ghostwalker

You have just totally made the point I am making.....

sadly there are people around who would agree with you.

again and again and again and again you are missing the point....how sad for the sport is that.

99% of people who watch speedway thirst for genuine entertainment not the self important few who treasure their closeted view of the sport.

You have just totally made the point I am making.....

sadly there are people around who would agree with you.

again and again and again and again you are missing the point....how sad for the sport is that.

99% of people who watch speedway thirst for genuine entertainment not the self important few who treasure their closeted view of the sport.

Even UFC has rules.

Team building rules for domestic leagues might be rubbishe and unnecessary, but you cant keep a global sport governed without racing rules. And therefor every referee that starts to make his own rules as things happen, should be kicked out of the sport.

Edited by f-s-p
  • Like 1

The rules should be changed then, to give the ref the option to re-run a race after a crash without having to exclude one rider, if he can't decide who was to blame for the crash. 50/50 situations happen very often, and according to current rules one rider has to go, the other can re-start, which is often unfair.

Therefore, F.I.M., please change the rules, so that a referee does not have to break the rules (which really is a no go) as Jim Larence has done by allowing all riders back for the re-run.