British Speedway Forum

Latvian Gp 18 July

Watching tonight's Latvian SGP on the official SGP live stream was a nightmare. Rememebr, in g ermany teh SGp is NOT shown on TV. The extremely poor picture quality of the interent stream was embarassing for BSI/IMG or whoever is responsible for it. The broadcast was constantly making time jumps, sometimes forward and more often backwards, creating delayed covereage instead of live, and often repeatedly showing the same scenes and heats again and again.

I did not enjoy it at all. This has totally spoilt watching this Grand Prix. and next time might rather give the SGP a total miss, rather than watch this crap.

Living in the speedway vacuum land of the USA, i too qualify for a free official stream from the GP website. I gave up using it a few years ago and switched to Polish streams. They were constantly about 10 minutes behind the streams and cut races off in the middle for repeated ads to purchase a "gold stream package ;) It was impossible to post and read opinions on here because i was always so far behind. ( some would say "good" :lol: ) I sympathise with you but there are lots of streams available. Regards. Alan.

Hancock did that but he ain't British. Does that count?

Brandon is this site's Link Master. Ask him next time and You'll be served. No doubts. :)

Edit: no idea why i came up with "Alan". Too many pints or You, Brandonbee48", are named so? Weird stuff :|

Edit2: You're indeed Alan. Stuff gets weirder :o

"Link Master" :lol: Been called some things in my time !! Just an old fart who doesn't hide behind a pseudonym- so Alan it is. :t: The 48 is short for 1948 when my dear late dad first took me to Coventry Speedway- which is in the village of Brandon, just outside Coventry and gave me my lifelong love of this wonderful sport we all love. I've had 67 years of loving every second of it. I'll always help anyone with links because without them i am completely screwed for watching. To give credit where it is due Racers and Royals is the undoubted "King of The Streams", :drink::t::icon_smile_clown: . We always try to help anyone- as we did today with posts earlier on. Join you all tomorrow. Alan. :lol::lol::lol:

• Like 1

Sorry hancock s race not the same I think riders are still sorting themselves out round the second bend woffy second down back straight turn 3 and 4 went to last then up to second Neil's pushes him going into 3 bend lap two holds him off to then chase hancock and manages to pass him going into bend 1 lap four great speedway

Can't see a reason to reveal my name since 99% of English speakers can't even pronounce it. :D See ya 2morrow. Falubaz-Sparta gonna be intense:D

Hate You! :) Hope You're wrong. Even all these injuries can't stop Falubaz!

surely it doesnt matter if those of us who speak English cant pronounce your name

If this was 1939 i'm fairly sure you would love to be telling us your name and how grateful you were

Don't take it there and in WWII Britain was more grateful of our actions than us of Britain's (not)doings.

I've stated my name is hard to pronounce for an english speaker. Not loathing or whatever. Just a simple fact.

Oh give over. You're no more Polish than Gater1 is a Poole fan.

• Like 2

Oh give over. You're no more Polish than Gater1 is a Poole fan.

Either way, the instructions for his medication must be in Cantonese..........

I can see an unprecedented support for Wroclaw tomorrow.

No wonder Zielona Gora's emblem is Mickey Mouse.

Edited by rmc

Doyle is like a fine wine, maturing nicely!

And wow betide anybody who gets in his way.... :wink::wink: ( Bomber) (Kildemand) :t:

Getting a bit fed up with referee's.

Chris Harris should have been excluded as Kildemand should have been in last GP. Riders are making a clean pass going into bends 1 or 3. Rider on outside turns in to try and hold position even though the pass has already been made, resulting in their front wheel hitting the back wheel of the rider in front...NOT the other way round.

There'll be no point trying to overtake soon.

• Like 2

Chris Harris should have been excluded as Kildemand should have been in last GP. Riders are making a clean pass going into bends 1 or 3.

This forum is full of clueless people. How can it be a clean pass if when during the pass the riders rear wheel spins out and takes out the front wheel of the other rider. That's hardly a clean pass is it!

• Like 1

Doyle should be mature enough to realise 2 points i the bag is better then risking an exclusion to try for that extra point and fail.

Yes I know its a competition where points accumulate through the season but at the end of that race 2 points further behind then he could have been.

Bit silly really.

Why does the clueless presenter keep saying an Aussie has won every race they've started? Didn't he see Holder run a last?

But that race Holder was last Doyle won it.

The presenter said every race there was an Aussie in it an Aussie won. Not checked, but presume AT THE TIME HE SAID IT it was a true statement.

ps posting "late" cause was out last night and watched the meeting at 12 midnight, finished at 2am and went to bed.

• Like 3

Chris Harris should have been excluded as Kildemand should have been in last GP. Riders are making a clean pass going into bends 1 or 3. Rider on outside turns in to try and hold position even though the pass has already been made, resulting in their front wheel hitting the back wheel of the rider in front...NOT the other way round.

There'll be no point trying to overtake soon.

I'd like to know what the rules say, as Doyle was in front of Harris, carrying more speed than Harris and there was definitely room until Harris turned left. As you say, riders were making "clean" passes going into turns 1 and 3, where the slower rider left room. If this continues before too long there will be no passing.

• Like 2

I'd like to know what the rules say, as Doyle was in front of Harris, carrying more speed than Harris and there was definitely room until Harris turned left. As you say, riders were making "clean" passes going into turns 1 and 3, where the slower rider left room. If this continues before too long there will be no passing.

Totally agree with ALL your comments, Doyle was much faster than Harris, people forget you only have a split second to make a decision. Harris did turn left on Doyle. Yes the was contact, but i don't feel he should have been excluded, hate to say it as im English through & through!

What?!! A rider turned left, going into a left-hand bend? Surely this won't do? Whatever will they do next?

What?!! A rider turned left, going into a left-hand bend? Surely this won't do? Whatever will they do next?

Quite simple really.
Compare the two heats below:
What is the difference between Doyle in Heat 13 and MJJ in Heat 16 (battling for second with Batchelor)? Nothing, they make an almost identical pass of the rider in front.
What is the difference between Harris and Batchelor? Batchelor gives his rider room, whereas Harris turns left on Doyle.
Heat 13:
Heat 16:
As I said, it would be interesting to know what the rules state. Maybe Harris is perfectly entitled to fall and get Doyle excluded. Maybe Batchelor should have shut the door on MJJ.
Personally, I would like the advantage to be with the rider passing, rather than the rider defending.
  • Like 1

When are the idiots , sorry, EXPERTS, in charge of this sport finally going to engage more than half a brain cell when running these meetings and realise that WHEN rain is forecast, you don't bugger about with tedious presentations/introductions and delays BEFORE the first race actually takes place?!!...Its FINE to do all that then there is no chance of any bad weather but thats now 2 out of 5 GP's (SUPPOSED to be the pinnacle events of the sport, although with some of the riders who ARE in it and some who are NOT this year then thats a bit of a joke anyway!) that havent managed to get to their conclusion.

No-one can control the weather, BUT you can control many other things and work around it so that the public, once again, don't get short changed.

• Like 1