British Speedway Forum

The Most Secret Speedway Meeting Ever

Sounds like a very sensible and good idea, and hopefully the track will be all the better on July 4 because of it.

I hope that Garrity and Lambert somehow get a last-minute call-up and their experience can be put to use.

One request, though. What was the full result of the meeting? There are no details of the result on the Speedway Grand Prix website, where I’d expect to find them.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam
  • Like 1

Sounds like a very sensible and good idea, and hopefully the track will be all the better on July 4 because of it.

I hope that Garrity and Lambert somehow get a last-minute call-up and their experience can be put to use.

One request, though. What was the full result of the meeting? There are no details of the result on the Speedway Grand Prix website, where I’d expect to find them.

All the best

Rob

From what PR told us I don't think that the races were taken too seriously to be taken as proper 'results.

A fee was paid to the riders, not points and prize money so it was not meant to 'matter'.

Tape offences etc were not penalised and there was no 'runoff' etc as positions were not too relevant.

Must have been quite an experience to have attended, and participated in though.

From what PR told us I don't think that the races were taken too seriously to be taken as proper 'results.

A fee was paid to the riders, not points and prize money so it was not meant to 'matter'.

Tape offences etc were not penalised and there was no 'runoff' etc as positions were not too relevant.

Must have been quite an experience to have attended, and participated in though.

Yeah, I know that.

I'd still like to have a butchers at the results, though.

All the best

Rob

What an experience, no crowd.

Must have been like riding at Lakeside.

BSI have put a short video package of this meeting up on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=majPPW-mtQ4&feature=youtu.be

All looks and sounds as good as people have said.

It does looks good and it's a sensible move to have a test event.

My favourite bit is Paul Bellamy at pains to point out "This is not a direct result of Warsaw"

Maybe not. But this costly video producton for PR purposes almost certainly is "a direct result of Warsaw"

• Like 2

I'm confused (doesn't take much) but by the end it the Cardiff GP the track is pretty much unridable.

Therefore, how will having a pre-meeting make the track better for the actual GP next week?

Alternatively, if they plan to re-lay the track before next week, doesn't that invalidate any testing of the surface done yesterday?

I'm confused (doesn't take much) but by the end it the Cardiff GP the track is pretty much unridable.

Therefore, how will having a pre-meeting make the track better for the actual GP next week?

Alternatively, if they plan to re-lay the track before next week, doesn't that invalidate any testing of the surface done yesterday?

Don't understand your confusion.

They laid the track how they thought it should be. They ran a test meeting. Test meeting seemed pretty successful, so they put the track back to how it was yesterday and the GP should be successful.

THey might have even learnt some things from riders comments yesterday to make it even better for next week.

• Like 2

'Know it all' !

KT may not be the font of all knowledge.

But perhaps it would have been more accurate to say

'knows a damn sight more than me'

Spot on, I was never one of his biggest fans as a rider, but he was very successful and is well renowned for having excellent knowledge on the mechanical side of things.

One the young Brit riders could learn a lot from.

Are we on the verge of another comeback by Kelvin seems to be putting a lot of time in the saddle or is it purely for testing purposes, fifty one maybe pushing even for him but maybe Peter Karlsson's form this year has inspired him. :lol:

KELVIN was offered a place in the Golden Hammer and yesterday's event at Cardiff but his wife Debbie put her foot down. Last thing he, or she needs, is for him to get caught up in some accident at his age.

PK is using a GTR and, says KT, providing valuable feedback. Vastly experienced rider of course. Lambert is also continuing to try a GTR and hopefully KT will also pass on a couple of tips about his otherwise excellent riding style.

Are we on the verge of another comeback by Kelvin seems to be putting a lot of time in the saddle or is it purely for testing purposes, fifty one maybe pushing even for him but maybe Peter Karlsson's form this year has inspired him. :lol:

I suspect, rather like Sam Ermolenko, a full schedule is too much given the injuries they have both suffered. Both however still love to race and take any opportunity to do so.

I haven't personally seen Kelvin race of late but if he is anything like Sam is, he'll still be pretty damn quick.

Just seen Phil's post and as he says, last thing you want is a crash at that age, the body doesn't heal as quickly!

It's great to see them still enjoying it though.

• Like 1

From the video the track seemed to be rather dry and dusty. I hope they get it better than that on the night as I can see it causing a lot of problems by the time they get to the latter heats with the track breaking up.