British Speedway Forum

The Most Secret Speedway Meeting Ever

It is June 23.

The day of the Top Secret test meeting in Cardiff.

I know that the most recent Sky televised meetings at Coventry and Lakeside LOOKED as if they were being held behind 'Closed Doors'.

But this one actually is keeping the public out; not just coercing them to stay away by presenting substandard fare.

So I just thought there may be some smidgen of interest among us here.

The information on Speedwaygp website last week was

" In order to maximise this opportunity, BSI Speedway, will put on a practise event that will be open to selected British (non SGP) riders on Tuesday June 23. This will give BSI Speedway and the Millennium Stadium the opportunity, not previously available, to run through many elements of the event. "

After that we have been told absolutely nothing at all.

Unless I've missed it.

Anyone able to enlighten us with a little more ?

Edited by Grand Central

It is June 23.

The day of the Top Secret test meeting in Cardiff.

I know that the most recent Sky televised meetings at Coventry and Lakeside LOOKED as if they were being held behind 'Closed Doors'.

But this one actually is keeping the public out; not just coercing them to stay away by presenting substandard fare.

So I just thought there may be some smidgen of interest among us here.

The information on Speedwaygp website last week was

" In order to maximise this opportunity, BSI Speedway, will put on a practise event that will be open to selected British (non SGP) riders on Tuesday June 23. This will give BSI Speedway and the Millennium Stadium the opportunity, not previously available, to run through many elements of the event. "

After that we have been told absolutely nothing at all.

Unless I've missed it.

Anyone able to enlighten us with a little more ?

Sch!!!!

Why is it we expect to know everything about everything.

Access to Cardiff stadium has been made available sooner then ever before (I understand), purpose to lay a track well before any other time, thats what forum members were wanting, and now the organisers say they going to have a test day with riders that wont be competing on July 4th. Fair do's.

It might be nice to know who riding and the results of the test day but surely we can't demand information, therefore we should'nt expect it.

Only my opinion, no doubt others will have theirs.

joe

Why is it we expect to know everything about everything.

Access to Cardiff stadium has been made available sooner then ever before (I understand), purpose to lay a track well before any other time, thats what forum members were wanting, and now the organisers say they going to have a test day with riders that wont be competing on July 4th. Fair do's.

It might be nice to know who riding and the results of the test day but surely we can't demand information, therefore we should'nt expect it.

Only my opinion, no doubt others will have theirs.

joe

As you rightly say it may be nice to know who is riding.

So let's just be nice, eh?

Edited by Grand Central

They stated on Sky last night there are 16 British riders racing.

Now, this can only be a positive thing yet already I have seen some of the usual naysayers piping up.

1: The track is laid well ahead of the normal schedule giving time to test it and iron out any potential issues.

2: It's giving British riders additional practice time which is something fans have been calling out for.

Does it really matter who is or isn't riding in a practice session??

• Like 3

You can guarantee if the track is ok, it will be mentioned tomorrow. Who is paying the riders if there's no fans allowed in ?

so the track is already laid at Cardiff ? lets hope Kelvin tells Chris Harris how to set his Gerhard up

I can't believe people are moaning about this. It's surely a good idea to get the track tested so there are no problems come raceday, BSI do a few things wrong. This isn't one of them.

• Like 6

I agree that this is a very positive thing.

And the fact that it is young British riders who are bring given the chance is great.

A bit odd to criticise any Speedway fan being marginally interested in who those lucky young guys might actually be.

Similarity, the thread title.

Being a bit jokey ... Is it no longer possible to chat in a way that retains a little 'lightness' of touch ?

I agree that this is a very positive thing.

And the fact that it is young British riders who are bring given the chance is great.

A bit odd to criticise any Speedway fan being marginally interested in who those lucky young guys might actually be.

Similarity, the thread title.

Being a bit jokey ... Is it no longer possible to chat in a way that retains a little 'lightness' of touch ?

My criticism wasn't aimed at you per se, there's others on the thread whose anti-BSI bias is shining through again.

• Like 3

I can't believe people are moaning about this. It's surely a good idea to get the track tested so there are no problems come raceday, BSI do a few things wrong. This isn't one of them.

Quite agree, but unfortunately certain posters on here never shy away from opportunities to have a go at someone/something. Grand Central as an example.

Like others have stated, the availability of the stadium earlier than normal has been used to test out the track prep, given the recent manmade track probs. Riders who would possibly not have had the chance to ride Cardiff ever have been given the opportunity, and that can only be be good for all concerned. Move on, nothing to see here GC.

• Like 3