British Speedway Forum

Newcastle Diamonds V Scunthorpe Scorpions Pl 28th June, 6.30

So what happened ???

Very difficult to get people to man the pits gate and do it right due to expectations of those in the vans. It is a common problem to most tracks, but the only place that I think who does do it right is Berwick.

Independent people are given a list of people to be admitted and if you are not on it, the onus is on you to get in touch with someone to vouch for your admittance. It is not a pleasant job when you do it right and a lot of pits gate personnel just let people in than have all the bother and have to look for someone in authority to give permission, or support the gate person The best idea is to dock the rider for extra people in their van, but a lot of freeloaders are not always with riders.

Anybody thinking that Freeloaders will pay when stopped coming in, and then put money into the club in future meetings is seriously deluded. Most are more likely to slag off the promotion for all the time and effort they have put into the club(titter titter), and never come back again unless they can concoct some scam like buying a rider something, and think that being a sponsor should allow them to come in for nothing all season. Actual case experience with that one.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 5

I know a few riders socially and they view Brough Park as one to get out of the way (meaning they don't like going there), by having such a track I feel the Newcastle fans miss out on a lot of good racing that a good race track provides with riders turning up with that attitude.

Just glad I dont have to watch there regular.

Cue the throttle control gang :P if you watched regular speedway at brough park you would understand what the great ivan mauger meant when he said if you can ride brough park you can ride anywhere,, which a few must'v took on and used it to help them along the way to glory just like ole olsen, anders micheneck, nicki Pedersen, all foremer world champions, and not to forget the likes of bjarne Pedersen Kenneth bjierre who became gp riders all began the british racing at Newcastle,, not to bad eh for us fans missing out on good racing,, the riders who you may know probly only like big open gate and go tracks where there is no skill involved riding the bike??????

Very difficult to get people to man the pits gate and do it right due to expectations of those in the vans. It is a common problem to most tracks, but the only place that I think who does do it right is Berwick.

Independent people are given a list of people to be admitted and if you are not on it, the onus is on you to get in touch with someone to vouch for your admittance. It is not a pleasant job when you do it right and a lot of pits gate personnel just let people in than have all the bother and have to look for someone in authority to give permission, or support the gate person The best idea is to dock the rider for extra people in their van, but a lot of freeloaders are not always with riders.

Anybody thinking that Freeloaders will pay when stopped coming in, and then put money into the club in future meetings is seriously deluded. Most are more likely to slag off the promotion for all the time and effort they have put into the club(titter titter), and never come back again unless they can concoct some scam like buying a rider something, and think that being a sponsor should allow them to come in for nothing all season. Actual case experience with that one.i reckon if I could do the gate for a couple of weeks I could sort most of the freeloaders out but it would be difficult to control them all as some always would slip through my net but not for long,, I would issue the people who deserve to be there like riders mechanics track and pit staff etc as I go up most sunday afternoons its normally only pit cleaners and sheetrs there, but come 5.30 the pits are chocka with a few who I never seem to see helping out every time I've been up, so if something can be done it needs to be nipped in the bud now and I think some fans who comment on here can see the club are doing the right things and it may get some fans back through the turnstiles,,,,,,

• Like 1

I know a few riders socially and they view Brough Park as one to get out of the way (meaning they don't like going there), by having such a track I feel the Newcastle fans miss out on a lot of good racing that a good race track provides with riders turning up with that attitude.

Just glad I dont have to watch there regular.

Cue the throttle control gang :P if you watched regular speedway at brough park you would understand what the great ivan mauger meant when he said if you can ride brough park you can ride anywhere,, which a few must'v took on and used it to help them along the way to glory just like ole olsen, anders micheneck, nicki Pedersen, all foremer world champions, and not to forget the likes of bjarne Pedersen Kenneth bjierre who became gp riders all began the british racing at Newcastle,, not to bad eh for us fans missing out on good racing,, the riders who you may know probly only like big open gate and go tracks where there is no skill involved riding the bike??????

Anybody thinking that Freeloaders will pay when stopped coming in, and then put money into the club in future meetings is seriously deluded. Most are more likely to slag off the promotion for all the time and effort they have put into the club(titter titter), and never come back again unless they can concoct some scam like buying a rider something, and think that being a sponsor should allow them to come in for nothing all season. Actual case experience with that one.i reckon if I could do the gate for a couple of weeks I could sort most of the freeloaders out but it would be difficult to control them all as some always would slip through my net but not for long,, I would issue the people who deserve to be there like riders mechanics track and pit staff etc as I go up most sunday afternoons its normally only pit cleaners and sheetrs there, but come 5.30 the pits are chocka with a few who I never seem to see helping out every time I've been up, so if something can be done it needs to be nipped in the bud now and I think some fans who comment on here can see the club are doing the right things and it may get some fans back through the turnstiles,,,,,,

when I said I would issue the track and pit staff etc and I mean all of them as some already have pit passes or some sort of id and after the main meeting I could collect them in ready for the next week i'm sure it would work

• Like 1

agreed but i'm sure I could get it sorted in a couple of weeks

Do you wanna lend me big stick, lol,,,

no, seriously,,, if there is a problem and it's putting Newcastle Speedway in jeopardy, things should be done and, if that means working in conjunction with management/promotion, so be it,,, it's not a one way street,,,

hope you had a good weekend ;-)

Do you wanna lend me big stick, lol,,,

no, seriously,,, if there is a problem and it's putting Newcastle Speedway in jeopardy, things should be done and, if that means working in conjunction with management/promotion, so be it,,, it's not a one way street,,,

hope you had a good weekend ;-)

great weekend cant wait for next july now,, and your spot on in your post ( we could have a stick and a no entry sign each ha )