British Speedway Forum

Lakeside V Kings Lynn 19.06.15

Rob's move on Bech was tough, I wouldn't have thought Rob meant it to be, youthful exuberance I put it down to but not surprised Bech was a little bit peed off.

It's quite possible that everyone from Lakeside missed it until after the race 'on purpose'

It's not Lakesides job to spot it. It is Rob Lyons job to look out for these things. No way he should have missed that.

• Like 1

I never criticise the refs. It's the way they see it at the time but it started controversially IMO. Ht 1 was stopped after a complete lap for a rolling start.

Much as I greatly admire Robert Lambert did he have problems in Ht 10 or did he take the "percentage" route having missed the start? The occasional wheelies when toddling round reminded me of Lewis Bridger in his Eastbourne days.

It does seem strange that the missing deflector wasn't spotted earlier. I would have thought it was in the referee's start line check list - everyone in the right place etc

The cynical amongst us might suggest it wasn't in Lakeside's interest to spot it at the outset!

All that said, it was a good meeting racing wise and, from my position on the back straight, Lambert's move on Bech looked downright dangerous.

Not sure I'd blame the referee.

In my view it was down to the Lynn team (or lack of it). 6 other team members in the pits, various mechanics and hangers on and a team manager and NOT ONE of them noticed the absence of a dirt deflector :mad: Indicative of the lack of team spirit maybe, were they all simply doing their own thing. Can't seeing it happening had Rory been there, he seems to be everywhere in the pits.

• Like 1

To be fair, all past exclusions for lack of dirt deflectors that I can recall have been after the race has been run, which is a bit bizarre considering all helmet colour mix ups I can remember have been pointed out before the race starts. Maybe the latter were more easily noticed by the team, not the ref, though.

Edited by June01

Not sure I'd blame the referee.

In my view it was down to the Lynn team (or lack of it). 6 other team members in the pits, various mechanics and hangers on and a team manager and NOT ONE of them noticed the absence of a dirt deflector :mad: Indicative of the lack of team spirit maybe, were they all simply doing their own thing. Can't seeing it happening had Rory been there, he seems to be everywhere in the pits.

I think you are probably right. KL can replace Rory on the track but are unlikely to find another captain like him. No disrespect at all to NKI who is a great rider but he is to quiet to be an effective captain. Rory is a far more outgoing personality

The last time we travelled to Lakeside to see fixture 1, it was surprising to see the incense hatred some of their fans held for Lambert, just because he was the new man on the block. When something like this happens you have to ponder the obvious. I suppose those pre-mentioned fans went home really ecstatic last night.....

That's not a fair comment. Its years since a visiting rider was even booed at Lakeside let alone hated. The Lambert camp do themselves no favours though. People have already mentioned him sitting at the back pulling Bridger style wheelies after he got shut out on the first two bends. Last time KL came it was his parents who seemed to think the pit rules applied to everyone but themselves, last night it was Robert who was eventually fined by the meeting referee after ignoring warnings about his conduct in the pits. It was a bit reminiscent of how moody Kasprzak could be when he was younger . He is an undoubted talent but also a moody17 year old who has some growing up to do emotionally. There have been other s like it in the past and we can all think of those who grew up and those that didn't. sometimes throwing a career away in the process.

On a more positive note, I thought that after the Greg -v-Nicki controversy in the week some of the cut and thrust between AJ and NKI in heats 13 and 15 and also Neils pass on Kim in heat13 were great examples of very tough, but very fair and very sporting racing by true professionals and true sportsman with mutual respect. Give me a those two against Greg and Nicki any day

Edited by Daytripper
  • Like 2

Agreed not a fair comment - Didn't hear anyone booing Lambert. Most were looking forward to seeing him.

His move on Bech was OTT, but as soon as he crossed the finish line he was trying to apologise to Bech. He knew he'd gone to far and was trying to do the right thing. Respect for trying to do that and also to Bech for not throwing his toys out of the pram.

• Like 1

That's not a fair comment. Its years since a visiting rider was even booed at Lakeside let alone hated. The Lambert camp do themselves no favours though. People have already mentioned him sitting at the back pulling Bridger style wheelies after he got shut out on the first two bends. Last time KL came it was his parents who seemed to think the pit rules applied to everyone but themselves, last night it was Robert who was eventually fined by the meeting referee after ignoring warnings about his conduct in the pits. It was a bit reminiscent of how moody Kasprzak could be when he was younger . He is an undoubted talent but also a moody17 year old who has some growing up to do emotionally. There have been other s like it in the past and we can all think of those who grew up and those that didn't. sometimes throwing a career away in the process.

Agreed not a fair comment - Didn't hear anyone booing Lambert. Most were looking forward to seeing him.

His move on Bech was OTT, but as soon as he crossed the finish line he was trying to apologise to Bech. He knew he'd gone to far and was trying to do the right thing. Respect for trying to do that and also to Bech for not throwing his toys out of the pram.

I agree with your comments about Lambert and his juvenile behaviour sometimes, but the instance I was referring too was when he returned to the pit gate during the race, because his seat came loose, only to come back out again to collect a point. A group of home supporter on the Back straight took offence at this and started gesturing and giving him verbals you wouldn't believe. Got quite nasty for a family sport........

I agree with your comments about Lambert and his juvenile behaviour sometimes, but the instance I was referring too was when he returned to the pit gate during the race, because his seat came loose, only to come back out again to collect a point. A group of home supporter on the Back straight took offence at this and started gesturing and giving him verbals you wouldn't believe. Got quite nasty for a family sport........

That's not representative of, .the whole crowd . Every club has them . There is some fat bloke on the home straight who is currently being discussed on the Lakeside forum, who shouts the most foul mouthed abusive imaginable usually directed at Adam Ellis. These cretins will always appear in any cross section of the public and Speedwáy probably has less than most but its still unfair to tar all the fans with the same brush when in fact it is tiny minority.

• Like 2

That's not representative of, .the whole crowd . Every club has them . There is some fat bloke on the home straight who is currently being discussed on the Lakeside forum, who shouts the most foul mouthed abusive imaginable usually directed at Adam Ellis. These cretins will always appear in any cross section of the public and Speedwáy probably has less than most but its still unfair to tar all the fans with the same brush when in fact it is tiny minority.

If you were to read what I actually posted, I did say 'SOME FANS ' and in no way was that meant as a representation of then all

'''GRW123, on 20 Jun 2015 - 07:26 AM, said:snapback.png

The last time we travelled to Lakeside to see fixture 1, it was surprising to see the incense hatred some of their fans held for Lambert, just because he was the new man on the block. ''

Correct ..it's so boring when people go on about abusive fans at a certain tracks ...there is % of them at all tracks .

Technically at 17 years of age he is a juvenile :lol:

A juvenile acting like a juvenile ..would you adam and eve it .

The reason Roberts lack of a dirt deflector wasn't spotted before the race was because he was pushed straight out from the pits at the last minute. Lakeside were not notified that he was actually in the race until the two minutes were put on.

Oh dear so Rob Lyons didn't notify Lakeside that Lambert was in the race and didn't notice hi s rider was going out without a dirt deflector. What exactly does he do as team manager one wonders ?

Oh dear so Rob Lyons didn't notify Lakeside that Lambert was in the race and didn't notice hi s rider was going out without a dirt deflector. What exactly does he do as team manager one wonders ?

During my time working at Lakeside, complaining about our safety fences and air bags seemed to be his priority.

• Like 2

The reason Roberts lack of a dirt deflector wasn't spotted before the race was because he was pushed straight out from the pits at the last minute. Lakeside were not notified that he was actually in the race until the two minutes were put on.

What do you mean lakeside were not notified he was in the race? It was one of his scheduled rides? Either way its not Lakeside's responsibility, his own team manager should have picked it up.

Edit. Or was he a r/r?

Edited by waihekeaces1

What do you mean lakeside were not notified he was in the race? It was one of his scheduled rides? Either way its not Lakeside's responsibility, his own team manager should have picked it up.

Edit. Or was he a r/r?

Lambert was riding No2 so in that race he was r/r for Rory. It was therefore Rob Lyons responsibility to notify the Clerk of the Course , opposing team manager and the referee who was taking the ride , and to make sure his rider was ready.