British Speedway Forum

The Dilemma Of Greg Hancock

Lot o f pompous comments on this thread by people who weren't there and didn't see it from behind the handlebars, and have never hit the ground at any kind of speed from a motorcycle.

If it were riders like Jepson Jensen and Vaculik (for example ) it would hardly get a mention.

Pedersen got excluded, Greg got fined. They are the usual penalties for this sort of thing. Thats about all there really is to it..

Well said E I Addio.

I bought a book of 24 stamps in about 2005 and still have about 5 of them left in my wallet - it pays to buy stamps in bulk, thee value only ever goes up!

Are you from Yorkshire? :t::wink::D :D

SO you would rather see riders try to fence Pedersen? And believe me it has been talked about. That was my point.

What a load of cobblers you talk for one who has an esteemed position on the forum.

Nicki did not fence Greg.

That was the Swede last Thursday who you seem to be OK with.

Nicki pulled a hard move on Greg which in the scheme of things was pretty mild compared to some he and others have pulled.

Hancock went mental and committed one of the most cowardly acts I have seen on a speedway track and you do not even criticise as he seems to have every right to do that.

I would rather not see riders fence anybody and would rather not see retribution taken out in the pits either.

The sport is dangerous enough.

So would it have been fine if Belousov kneecapped Sundstrom in the pits after he was fenced or perhaps some of Hampels team jump him in the car park and beat the tar out of him? Of course not and your retribution babblings reflect very poorly on you.

Pedersen is a coward and if anyone faces him down he runs for his pit team.

Beating up or running such a coward into the fence would achieve nothing.

There will still be dirty riders.

The authorities need to sort out a stance to this kind of riding and implement it to ALL regardless of reputation.

As The Return said years back now the WHAT is important not the WHO.

But Hancock committed the far greater offence and should have received a ban. That one is so clear cut.

I wonder what stance the Star will take on this and who will be portrayed as the villain of the piece. Actually I don't because we already know

:(

• Like 3

Coventry were the cry babies when on sky v poole weren't they?

hmmm that makes no sense.

What has that got to do with Hancock ad Pedersen?

Looking at posts from you today, you fit in well with they cry baby brigade.

You even have the right forum name.

• Like 1

Why would you ban Hancock when he's just sold as many tickets in a few seconds of bad temper than his fantastic bike handling and set up skills probably have in a long career!!

Like it or not incidents like this add to sport rather than detract from it, nobody was hurt, a number of people with no previous interest are looking at Speedway and if GH and NP have any sense they'll keep this grudge going at least as far as the public are concerned.

• Like 2

pandorum

Hancock went mental and committed one of the most cowardly acts I have seen on a speedway track and you do not even criticise as he seems to have every right to do that.

How was it cowardly? Cowardly would be a sneak attack. Greg ran straight up to him, Nicky knew what was coming a long way off!

Edited by RPNYC

pandorum

How was it cowardly? Cowardly would be a sneak attack. Greg ran straight up to him, Nicky knew what was coming a long way off!

Hardly, Nicki was riding (slowly) around the track to see hanCOCK running towards him, I was not expecting him to hurl himself around Nicki's neck, I assume NIcki was not either.

The only time Nicki could defend himself was after Hancock had dragged him off his bike, that's why Hancock's statement about 'self-defence' is laughable.

Why would you ban Hancock when he's just sold as many tickets in a few seconds of bad temper than his fantastic bike handling and set up skills probably have in a long career!!

Like it or not incidents like this add to sport rather than detract from it, nobody was hurt, a number of people with no previous interest are looking at Speedway and if GH and NP have any sense they'll keep this grudge going at least as far as the public are concerned.

I agree its box office that will help BSI sell tickets, I am not sure it helps speedway beyond that. The reason to have banned Hancock is because next time Nicki is involved in a crash, it is deemed acceptable to attack him now Hancock seems to have escaped real punishment.

Edited by TheReturn

The more I read the statement from Hancock and look at his Twitter feed the more I an convinced we have someone playing for sympathy, playing the victim. I have just had a look through Greg's Twitter timeline for the last month, and his posts of yesterday seem very deliberate and different compared to the tweets of the previous month which are all bikes and speedway.

huh? an incident like this didn't occur last month so why would his timeline not reflect something different?

Hardly, Nicki was riding (slowly) around the track to see hanCOCK running towards him, I was not expecting him to hurl himself around Nicki's neck, I assume NIcki was not either.

The only time Nicki could defend himself was after Hancock had dragged him off his bike, that's why Hancock's statement about 'self-defence' is laughable.

Oh come on now. He saw the guy he just knocked off running directly at him, you really think he was expecting a kiss and a cuddle? Do be serious. He had 20/30 seconds knowing it was about to get lively! Not justifying it but it was not as previously said 'cowardly'

Edited by RPNYC

pandorum

Well it was pretty cowardly as Pedersen was riding a bike at the time and probably expected some verbals not a flying tackle.

Nicki is a gutless individual so waiting till he dismounted then planting one in his face would be a lot less cowardly than jumping him whilst he was still on his bike.

And to be honest then your logic can be turned around that Greg knew what was coming when Nicki got inside of him but that does not excuse Pedersen for his dirty riding.

If you can't see past the personalities and the fact the American committed the worst offence then fine :)

Oh come on now. He saw the guy he just knocked off running directly at him, you really think he was expecting a kiss and a cuddle? Do be serious. He had 20/30 seconds knowing it was about to get lively! Not justifying it but it was not as previously said 'cowardly'

I can't abide Pedersen and like Greg a lot but what Greg did was cowardly as it was indeed a sneak attack as Nicki probably expected some shouting and fist waving then he would have sped off and hid behind his pit crew for a bit of smirking.

Edited by pandorum

What has that got to do with Hancock ad Pedersen?

Looking at posts from you today, you fit in well with they cry baby brigade.

You even have the right forum name.

just pointing out about cry babies since you were bringing it up. Maybe you should take my name since you resort to childish comments like orion. Shows lack of intelligence on your part but hey ho this forum ain't short of people like you is it?

• Like 2

just pointing out about cry babies since you were bringing it up. Maybe you should take my name since you resort to childish comments like orion. Shows lack of intelligence on your part but hey ho this forum ain't short of people like you is it?

LOL....Oh the irony :D

I'm not the one getting titty la la with posters, because I don't like their views..,

Are you sure your're not a Monarchs fan?

Right, so let me get this crystal clear so there is no confusion, and I am understanding your logic correctly. You are saying that Hancock acting demented, acting with violence by throwing himself at Nicki's neck is ok, because Nicki should have been expecting it?

• Like 3