British Speedway Forum

The Dilemma Of Greg Hancock

I think it was a bit like Gollob in his early days when Boyce punched him. He does have a reputation, so most incidents he is involved in is perhaps nothing more than 50/50 in most cases but his reputation meant people put blame on him, people always think 'oh Nicki again, must be his fault'.

If you have over twenty odd incidents over a period and that is being generous surely you have to think that.?

Watching the European Championships, there have been in the first 7 heats at LEAST six moves comparable to the Nicki/Greg incident.

However, the riders didn't lose their bottle and the race continued.

Edited to add, and again in Heat 8. Elbows colliding by the fence.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 2

Watching the European Championships, there have been in the first 7 heats at LEAST six moves comparable to the Nicki/Greg incident.

Bottle what would you know? the nearest you come to it is the ibottle of milk in your fridge!! Edited by sidney
  • Like 1

Bottle what would you know? the nearest you come to it is the ibottle of milk in your fridge!!

Bottles of milk?

Not seen those for quite some time Sidders..

At first I thought that Sidney was displaying his age again.

But then a second look at his post and I realise he may be ahead of the game.

He gets his milk in ibottles !

Steve Jobs' legacy is safe.

Edited by Grand Central
  • Like 2

Have only just seen the incident on my phone, which isn't the best, although it did look like Nicki sorted Greg out..

Anyway, I thought Greg's response was excellent, can we have more of that please...

Speedway needs more of the likes of Dick Dastardly characters such as Mr Pedersen... :t:

Great publicity too (not really interested in the consequences thereafter)..

That is of course until Nicki got a teeny little nudge, and he was down quicker than a whores drawers..

That is of course until Nicki got a teeny little nudge, and he was down quicker than a whores drawers..

And I bet you had a giggle at the fact Nicki was one the first one to take a nudge and end up on his backside?

It amused me that Kildemand was one of the others and IMO he's more reckless than Nicki.

Notice how Sam tried to blame Nicki for both reruns, when plainly it was ride in blue setting out to push him wide. Sam works quite hard to makes us think that he is trying to be fair to Nicki, but his first instincts about him always come to the fore. In the second rerun the rider in blue had two attempts to unseat him, and the head-on cam showed the deflection of Nicki's front wheel, when Sam said Nicki had just ran out of room. Why do TV stations employ such a biased and non English speaking commentator.

Great racing in the Final BTW.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 7

Sam is a terrible, terrible commentator. Can't speak English, makes up words, makes up technical terms and is horribly biased.

Who's this Vazulack bloke he was going on about tonight?

He's had too many bangs on the head to be a commentator.

Notice how Sam tried to blame Nicki for both reruns, when plainly it was ride in blue setting out to push him wide. Sam works quite hard to makes us think that he is trying to be fair to Nicki, but his first instincts about him always come to the fore. In the second rerun the rider in blue had two attempts to unseat him, and the head-on cam showed the deflection of Nicki's front wheel, when Sam said Nicki had just ran out of room. Why do TV stations employ such a biased and non English speaking commentator.

Great racing in the Final BTW.

you might allow a little bias from sam where nicki is concerned I think he spent weeks in hospital after a clash years ago.

Sam is a terrible, terrible commentator. Can't speak English, makes up words, makes up technical terms and is horribly biased.

Hate to agree with you as he was a hero when I was a kid. But he should never be commentating! Wheres Dave Norris...

• Like 1