British Speedway Forum

The Dilemma Of Greg Hancock

Like many people , I imagine, I find myself in two conflicting minds.

Should we condemn the act of violence committed by 'The Grin' this evening.
Conduct prejudicial to the Sport, terrible role model, and all the Politically correct tosh.

Or

Jump and cheer and rejoice.
In one single act he quadruples the interesting things he has ever done.

And, after all, he has clobbered Nicki Pedersen.
And who wouldn't want to do THAT given half a chance!

---------------------------------

Add by Admin...

Youtube videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHtw9xwENlw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKDC_0Oruic

• Like 7

Thank you very much indeed TheReturn.

EDIT: Thank you as well Grand Central.

Edited by The White Knight

Let's debate two things.

1. The crash.

Nicki took the rider wide, too wide and was rightly excluded. We have seen that many times in speedway from many riders. Nicki was out of order.

2. What Hancock did after.

Having just seen that I have no sympathy, that was a disgusting thing Hancock did, from that camera angle it looks like he charged and leaped at Nicki's neck, could have bloody snapped it. That deserves a long ban for that.

Edited by TheReturn
  • Like 6

Hancock punching someone is disgusting. But my God is it the greatest, most entertaining thing Greg has ever done! And frankly, a speedway rider hitting another is so irrelevant when you consider most of them crash quite often anyway so a punch, slap or diving attack in Hancock style is hardly going to register on the pain scale to a speedway rider.

Hancock punching someone is disgusting. But my God is it the greatest, most entertaining thing Greg has ever done! And frankly, a speedway rider hitting another is so irrelevant when you consider most of them crash quite often anyway so a punch, slap or diving attack in Hancock style is hardly going to register on the pain scale to a speedway rider.

Yeah I agree, it's the most interesting thing Greg's done. I think that is far more than a rider punching another though SCB, it's far more serious than what Boyce did to Gollob because what Greg did to what appears like a arm into Nicki's neck was so dangerous and not exactly a racing incident.

I feel like I did when I found out what my old Grandad got up to with the Land Girls during the blackout in the War.

Go on Gramps !

I didn't know you had it in you!

Edited by Grand Central
  • Like 1

Who the hell cares? It's only Nicki

He's been asking for something like this for years.

Go Greg!

Idiot. What a stupid thing to say to excuse inexcusable behaviour.

A few Twitter comments.

From Nicki.

@SpeedwayXplorer @GregHancock45 Do you really have to jump to get up to my face 1f609.png Next time dont spoil a hard but fair race. #JumpOfBike1f44f.png1f44d.png

Never far from trouble, Ward then commented.

Greg did not reply, but tweeted on his own timeline.

It is what it is! #PiratePride 270a.png A great win all around.

Edited by TheReturn
  • Like 1

I take it you don't remember when Nicki fenced Greg a few years ago in a gp.

As far as I'm concerned the guy deserves everything he gets.

I do, just watched it on the Facebook link. Nicki is a hard rider, sometimes crossing the line. That does not justify want Hancock did, again I ask if the roles were reversed would you still be saying the same thing? I doubt it.

• Like 2

Having seen it from both angles, Nicki deserved his exclusion, as he took Greg's line and left him with nowhere to go. It certainly wasn't the worst move Pedersen has executed (the one against the same rider in Prague in 2004 was worse IMO), but still a dirty piece of riding.

Theres no problem with needle and a bit of agro, but Hancock reaction was way out of line. He could have ended up doing some damage to himself, let alone to Pedersen.

Edited by mb1990
  • Like 2

Hancock should get a ban. If he doesn't then nobody can get a ban for a similar offense. The marker will have been set. If Nikki punched another rider there would be calls for a 6 month ban.

Nikki did nothing wrong. Hard riding but seen 20 worse in last weeks SWC Hancock is becoming a cry baby.

Edited by marky
  • Like 7