British Speedway Forum

Once again the Farcical World Of Speedway is shown to the world.

Too much talking and not enough correct actions.

The cover situation is beyond compare and to try put a blade that spread the slime more as remove it was even far more unbelievable.

Yes everyone knows the weather was in control, but come on it wasn't rocket science required by the authority's to make a early call or leave the covers on.

Total farce just left the stadium question have to be asked why was the track covers taken off so early why was the track then watered why did the tractors go out and make the track worse and why more importantly can't Phil Morris handle the riders and is totally out of his depth in his position

Did they really water the track? That seems crazy, the forecast was for wet weather wasn't it????

Did they really water the track? That seems crazy, the forecast was for wet weather wasn't it????

I guess in their defence the Danish sites seemed to suggest it would be ok.You can't I think expect them to look at the BBC or a German website even if they might have got it correct.It is the same with weather sites everywhere.Who remembers the "There isn't going to be a storm tonight" forecast hours before one of the biggest storms to hit the country?

track was wartered by a lorry tanker - not long after it started to rain - totally clueless track staff
  • Like 1

Total farce just left the stadium question have to be asked why was the track covers taken off so early why was the track then watered why did the tractors go out and make the track worse and why more importantly can't Phil Morris handle the riders and is totally out of his depth in his position

I feel for you mate

track was wartered by a lorry tanker - not long after it started to rain - totally clueless track staff

You mean Olsen's staff, clueless? Wonder where they get that from?

I've sent a polite tweet to British Eurosport as to where I can view live coverage of tomorrow's Speedway World Cup - I suggest everyone does the same.

All the best

Rob

Would do if I knew how!

Speedway is staggering from one PR disaster to another. It doesn't matter who is to blame - what happens is important.

Speedway was on free-to-air channel tonight so the collateral damage is that much greater than being broadcast to a "captive" audience on Sky.

Fingers crossed for the British Final.

Get a grip people people. It rained, officials tried to get it on and failed. Always happened in speedway, I dare say always will. Hardly a PR disaster.

• Like 8

Get a grip people people. It rained, officials tried to get it on and failed. Always happened in speedway, I dare say always will. Hardly a PR disaster.

Exactly, there was no farce tonight, it just didn't happen due to the weather. Much prefer that than them try and rip everyone off by staging half a meeting, although who knows what tomorrow may bring...

Edited by nw42