British Speedway Forum

Time and time again, we get posts from people bellyaching about rain offs. This is Speedway, you take your chance. You choose to travel to watch Speedway, in renound wet climates.

You lost out? Tough Shi!t

Dyou want some?Dyou want some?

• Like 2

Well if it was slashing it down at 1640 which I was there and the only water I saw was coming out the lorry that was watering it and not out of the sky

his post is time stamped at 17.40 local time so he probably just meant 16.40 UK time.

tr3mm0r

Why do think Sunday is the official reserve day?

Because the teams and staff and etc already are on scene.

That means that they don't have to go back and forward to somewhere else which would take allot of time and which would cost allot of money.

Then you want it in the middle of the week to avoid clash with PL-leagues but your suggestion

will cause clashes with other leagues so you just want to push the problem onto somebody else.

Time and time again, we get posts from people bellyaching about rain offs. This is Speedway, you take your chance. You choose to travel to watch Speedway, in renound wet climates.

While I think Haza has gone about his comments in the wrong way.I don't think your last comment is appropriate neither.He may have spent a few hundred pounds and all you could say is tough sh*t.

Edited by tellboy

What do you term as a wet climate Vojens Thursday 20 degrees Gorican rained off a few years ago Leszno World Cup rained off and as for saying tough rubbish pathetic comment Edited by 5 FURROW

Cheers. I stand corrected. (Though i believe it all was/should be consulted and the decissions were made long before the official press announcements). Think i'm a bit too emotional because as most of the Polish fans i see the league much more prestigious than SWC or individual competition. What i read in the FIM SWC regulations (found when trying to confirm what You typed) is this: "To provide for postponements that may be necessary, for example because of weather conditions, the FMNR or the organiser must declare one restaging date, with the exception of the Final event, where two dates must be declared.[/]". So if the weather is rubbish tomorrow and the event gets postponed we will lose the whole leg in Polish leagues and SWC(which will be moved to monday). I wonder then what will be the total cost of this in comparisson with the "value" of the SWC event.

I presume you are based in the UK-what if you were flying home next sunday(21st) to go all the way to Rzeszow v Zielona Gora to find out that on Wednesday last that they have moved it to Wednesday 22nd July ??

I'd be unhappy but i'd still get my doze of best polish speedway on my way back watching other teams. Tomorrow they're postponing wholeekstraliga containing 8 teams. Fans of 8 teams (Basically 10000-12000 people per match) will see no speedway at all. That is sad.

Same as the whole Easter Polish Programme was cancelled because of the weather !!!!

You're plain wrong here. After they cancelled today's event they instantly sent a message to Polish Federation asking to postpone tomorrow's matches. If SWC happened today polish sunday events wouldn't be affected at all.

exactly, but it didnt happen today so there is nothing that can be done so stop moaning, the world cup is a once per year event

I'd be unhappy but i'd still get my doze of best polish speedway on my way back watching other teams. Tomorrow they're postponing wholeekstraliga containing 8 teams. Fans of 8 teams (Basically 10000-12000 people per match) will see no speedway at all. That is sad.

Poland chose to schedule a league programme the day after the SWC - nobody forced them to. Yes, eight teams get no matches in Poland tomorrow but they will - the programme will be raced in full, just on another date. In the UK our league programme has been wrecked for years by the needs of BSI, Poland and now One Sport are getting in on the act.

You get to wait a while to watch your matches, but your problems are really quite small in the overall scheme of things and taking it out on British fans here and BSI, an organisation that has little respect from them either is totally pointless. You get to wait a while, we're fighting to survive, as your former opponents at Czestochowa will know only too well.....

Edited by rmc

Can't change the weather but can change the dates. Instead of spending 3 days in a hotel in Vojens missing a league's leg and therefore even more money still not being sure if the event will take place anyway (it can be raining tomorrow and on monday) change the rule of those 2 additional days into a free choice of the next one. Riders coming back the other day won't financially lose as much. Still what prestige SWC is? 8 countries out of 250. 2/3 of them are levels above the rest even with those silly rules that weaken them. There is not much money in it as well. Same with SGP where ending on 8th place is actually spending more than it's worth. No wonder Lagutas didn't even bother.

So rather than have it the next day when fans have travelled from around the World, you want it tobe re-run at a later date meaning people have to go back again?

You also seem to be of the opinion British Speedway is a friend of BSIs and vice-versa. Trust me, thats not true. The GPs have been bad for British Speedway taking the Friday and Saturday race nights that British Speedway used to have before the GPs come along.

Can't change the weather but can change the dates. Instead of spending 3 days in a hotel in Vojens missing a league's leg and therefore even more money still not being sure if the event will take place anyway (it can be raining tomorrow and on monday) change the rule of those 2 additional days into a free choice of the next one. Riders coming back the other day won't financially lose as much. Still what prestige SWC is? 8 countries out of 250. 2/3 of them are levels above the rest even with those silly rules that weaken them. There is not much money in it as well. Same with SGP where ending on 8th place is actually spending more than it's worth. No wonder Lagutas didn't even bother.

It's the weather that's caused the problem this weekend!

You may get the largest crowds in speedway as a legacy of your communist past (and as a result sights and behaviour at stadia that thankfully we would only see at football) but that does NOT mean that the world of speedway revolves around the Ekstraliga. The SWC is the modern development of a tournament that has existed for over fifty years and has a fine pedigree, the World Team Cup. It is an official FIM event. If we are looking for lame, irrelevant events with no official status we need look no further than One Sport's Best Pairs.

As for the Lagutas, since you are such an expert on speedway I am astonished you're not aware of the dispute between them and their own federation regarding payment for racing in the SWC.

Now we get it that you are passionate about Falubaz and the league they race in,. but there is more to the sport globally than your own selfish needs.

• Like 3

Now like spoilt brats you whinge about missing a race day and stupidly assume that there is some great British plot against Polish Speedway with BSI our agents. Infantile rubbish. Your comments on the absence of reserves in the SWC would disgrace an idiot.

You have a hell of a lot to learn, now how about spending less time shooting your mouth of and instead listening and learning?

Cracking post rmc - tr3mm0r clearly loves and supports a team close to my heart thanks to my trips abroad.......but...

His or hers view slightly unravels in my eyes due to the fact he or she doesnt live in the country. Its like me getting the arse when Tuesday night speedway gets called off in Sweden.

• Like 1

Wall of text You said i should "listen to and learn from" but what You wrote is:

-assumptions and prejudice,

-false statements,

-facts that are facts only in Your head,

-little bit of history and Your experience.

HOW about your false statements and facts ...

It was the PZM not BSI who were contracted with Speed Sport to provide the track in Warsaw. Starting tapes were available, it was the actual gate that malfunctioned. Nothing to do with BSI.The track was laid as soon as the stadium was available days before the event and not an hour before the start. Again, nothing to do with BSI.

The dispute over SGP riders riding in the SEC was between the FIM and FIM Europe.

I am a bit surprised that British Eurosport/Quest have not yet decided to show the final at 2.30pm-"delayed live" on Quest - something I and I suspect others would be happy with . I could certainly keep away from any score info for 90 mins from 1pm.

If they don`t then the only other option -I`m not prepared to wait until 7pm !! will be to watch on a Polish stream at 1pm -here are some places to look for links

http://soccer-live.pl/transmisje.php?id=motorsport

http://www.meczyki.pl/

http://livelooker.com/en/tv,7,speedway.html

If anyone does not normally watch streams-some advice

One suggestion would be to Google Sopcast and download latest version-then follow link on Soccer-live.

Otherwise click on the other links-DO NOT download anything if prompted-you should be able to click on the small crosses to eventually clear and be able to go to full screen-Stream quality is excellent these days.

• Like 1

It is also shown live here,although I suspect it might be blocked for people outside Germany

http://www.speedweek.com/bahnsport

The postponement has also caused problems for the local Bundesliga meeting with no Lindbäck + Lindgren.Rasmus Jensen + Rene Deddens been brought in at short notice.But the last time this happened when the Esbjerg WC quali was put off until the sunday the riders brought in didn't have their scores included in the final standings and Brokstedt lost.Most of the crowd unfortunately were not informed of this until Smoli(who else) went on the micro at the end.......another case of the promoter keeping the fans in the dark

Edited by iris123
  • Like 2