British Speedway Forum

Go Speed International Statement.

I don't remember the play offs last year needing 48 hours. It's a load of Bull s**t.

I also noticed they didn't mention anything about fining riders who didn't want to go out on a dangerous track even though GSI agreed themselves it was dangerous by calling it off after that race.

Out of interest, does anybody know if all the riders who refused to race in the first SGP of the season due to track conditions in better weather also got maximum fines?

Edited by mdmc82

Did they issue a statement following the Belle Vue v Poole farce in September 2013?

No, but Carlsberg did, and it said: “We sincerely hope this situation never arises again – but I would add rain has always been the sport’s biggest enemy.”

• Like 1

I don't remember the play offs last year needing 48 hours. It's a load of Bull s**t.

I also noticed they didn't mention anything about fining riders who didn't want to go out on a dangerous track even though GSI agreed themselves it was dangerous by calling it off after that race.

Out of interest, does anybody know if all the riders who refused to race in the first SGP of the season due to track conditions in better weather also got maximum fines?

No they didnt because the meeting officials agreed that the meeting could not continue - and of course weather played no part because it was indoors

STATEMENT: GO SPEED INTERNATIONAL

Thursday June 04, 2015
gospeed_international.jpg

GO Speed International Ltd (GSI), the company responsible for managing British Speedway’s contract with Sky Sports, would like to make the following comments following Monday’s Elite League meeting between Coventry and Poole.

Go Speed International Managing Director, Terry Russell, said: “Our role is to try and keep all parties happy whenever possible – Sky Sports, the individual clubs, the British Speedway Promoters’ Association and more.

I take it that the 'and more' bit refers to them - those stood on the terraces - them who paid to get in - what do the call em? - F**k me its on the tip of me tongue - give me a second - it's coming to me - mmmhhh - what do they call em? - don't tell me. That's it I remember now - THE FEW.

What was it Churchill said 'Never before in the field of speedway has such a debacle been seen by so few

Just for those that cannot ESP!!! ;)

Calling Mr Neil Watson, of this parish - sorry, this forum

So, where were you Saturday morning? Down the Asda with your mobile switched off?

Shame on you! Mr MD of GoSpeed International wanted you!

Look what a mess you got us all into by going AWOL at such an important time!

There is no way that a meeting should be called off 48 hours in advance because it MIGHT rain....I've never heard anything so ridiculous.....

Although I do remember the odd meeting splashing on to heat 6 in order to avoid giving refunds....so dodgy going ones aren't new !.......although it definitely seem to take a lot more rain to actually rain off meetings back in the 70's and 80's.....I remember some shockingly wet afternoons and we still had a meeting that night if it eased off.....it would be off in a shot now.

• Like 1

Calling Mr Neil Watson, of this parish - sorry, this forum

So, where were you Saturday morning? Down the Asda with your mobile switched off?

Shame on you! Mr MD of GoSpeed International wanted you!

Look what a mess you got us all into by going AWOL at such an important time!

Lol. If it wasn't so tragic it might be funny.

Shame Mr MD didn't decide to call back Sat afternoon, evening or night.

Sun was shining in Coventry on Saturday and the forecast was ever changing so I'm sure all promoters would have called off the meeting 48hours just incase.

shame however they are no longer allowed to call off a meeting on the actual morning of the meeting when the rain falls. Imagine what a mess promoters will now be in if God forbid the weather forecasts might actually change within a 48 hour time frame. 😁

Edited by mdmc82
  • Like 1

I've re-read that statement about 6 times now.

I'll leave the last words to Rene Taylor.............

👍🏻😂😂😂😂😂

Just when you thought the GSI couldn't come across anymore of an idiot, they release that piece of crap statement.

Be interesting to see what happens if the weather is shocking again on a sky night now they are no longer allowed to call it off less than 48 hours in advance.

Must be a very new rule as we had lots of on the day rain offs last year. if I remember rightly, king's Lynn & Poole's final was postponed on the night when it had rained and made the track tricky but without the strong wind.

Edited by mdmc82
  • Like 1

Having listened to Mick Hortons podcast and then read the Gospeed statement I'd say Gospeed are conducting a massive ar$e covering exercise.

We couldn't contact him? Seriously? How hard did they try? I'm calling bullsh1t on that one.

Just from reading this forum my calls on Saturday would have been Horton followed by text if no answer then possibly Neil Watson and any other senior figure in the Cov set up. better still why not send an email. All my work mail comes to my phone as well I'm sure it's the same for any business in this day and age.

There's no excuse for not contacting someone if you try hard enough.

• Like 8

STATEMENT: GO SPEED INTERNATIONAL

During the meeting, the steward and co-ordinator liase with the managers and captains and the meeting went to the end of Heat 10, admittedly in far from ideal circumstances. Once again, Sky Sports had nothing to do with this decision.

No mention about the role of the Referee. I always had the idea that the SCB's representative controls the meeting from a point starting 2 hours before tapes up to the point when they declare the meeting closed. Edited by uk martin

When it's a televised meeting the ref has diddly squat to do with whether the meeting goes ahead. That goes down to the meeting steward who is there to do Russell's bidding, in other words do everything to keep Sky happy.

You can't blame Sky for the continual farces but you can blame Russell. His determination to keep the TV boys happy has resulted in some shocking meetings, tracks and decisions in the past few years, and why we are saddled with Ronnie - the Man with the Sadim touch.

• Like 3

A funny old week really.

All the events of Monday night.

And then the battle for the title of 'Worst PR in Speedway'.

Darcy Wards' Woeful TV Interview vs. Terry Russell's P!ss Poor Statement.

For a sport that almost prides itself on the dire nature of it's public relations.

It takes something to have TWO such stinkers within 24 hours.

Well done, lads.

What's next?

• Like 6

Go Speed international,now that company name sounds really the business,but i thought i would take a look at their company address in Dartford,its nothing more then a business centre po address in Dartford!!!!.But the thing that made me laugh is also listed at the same address is a priivate detective agency!!!! ( I know its not the Russell boys but it would be so much fun if it was!!!)

check out their head offic next to Hair Flairhttps://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.447296,0.199461,3a,75y,270h,90t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1soZTOM8EQYo9TXK_hE97mHw!2e0

Edited by speedwaysliders