British Speedway Forum

Do they actually stop people? in my experience people (the British!) walk up to the security guys to be searched. Just walk up to the turnstile and then walk to your seat and nobody searches you.

I will again have my random bottle of water with me this year to see if I can smuggle it in by simply walking between the security chaps ;)

All the best

Rob

Do they actually stop people? in my experience people (the British!) walk up to the security guys to be searched. Just walk up to the turnstile and then walk to your seat and nobody searches you.

In general you have a point.

But another common British characteristic has been on show some years at some gates.

That when you give some people a fluorescent jacket and a photo I'D on a lanyard.

They take on their job with such relish that they would be carrying out internal examinations on old ladies for contraband concealed in ther bloomers.

If they were given the power.

Edited by Grand Central
  • Like 1

In general you have a point.

But another common British characteristic has been on show some years at some gates.

That when you give some people a fluorescent jacket and a photo I'D on a lanyard.

They take on their job with such relish that they would be carrying out internal examinations on old ladies for contraband concealed in ther bloomers.

If they were given the power.

Maybe they see me stumbling in, chatting more crap than normal 5 minutes before tapes up and decide it's not worth the hassle every year and just let me in :D

KELVIN Tatum spent almost an hour on the Cardiff track today and gave it the thumbs up. Couldn't be better said Kelvin and if it generates dirt on Saturday there should be excellent racing.

Good to hear Phil. Preparation has been the best its been for years, so that all bodes well for Saturday, lets get practice out the way first.

As long as its not a glass bottle, they cant take your water.

They can and will. Lost 4 plastic bottles of water the first time I went there. Managed to retrieve 2 out of the skip though when they weren't looking! Now wear trousers with lots of pockets.

Good to hear Radio 2 feature on the Cardiff extravaganza at about 6.45 this evening, and interview with Tai. They said will be 60,000 there...more like 45,000!

Great to see a Brit leading and should be a great atmosphere.

Train departs for Swindon at 9.00, hopefully meeting will be concluded by 8.15?

Oh dear..... only been the last two years and again on Saturday, so I am listening to the comments on here about the 4:00 pm gates open time. Not too comfortable with what you all saying, last two years it was a comfortable experience getting in, looks like this year could well be the opposite.

I am also thinking about the bus from the out of city parking ie Cardiff City football ground and others. If everyone aiming to get to the stadium during a smaller time period then that could well be chaos as well.

I certainly hope you are all incorrect...... we'll see.

Park and walk last year for 10 quid! massive queues for buses...that's why we're going by rail. I would park in one of the side streets nearer the stadium if I was driving. Always seem to get stuck on M4 going, easy coming out if you avoid city centre and head for Cardiff West junction. Edited by haydon hat

Rarely get a weekend off work so have to say always look forward to this , travelling down as usual on the Friday and staying at the same lovely Cottage just outside Newport , off to the Pairs , daughter going to her first ever GP Meeting and looking forward to a superb weekend ...Speedway ...Buy a load of Badges .....Speedway ....

Chris

Edited by ProperSport
  • Like 1

These stats mean nothing as they do not allow for any over taking in 4 laps. The statistic that should be used is first gate to bend 1 and also bend 2 on lap 1.

Normally I'd fully agree with that, but sadly the track was so dead it didn't have hardly any passing. Let's just hope the track produces some racing lines tomorrow night. Ole was told to make gate 4 better but I doubt he'll be told to provide decent racing. But after what happened in Warsaw, I suppose it's better to have 23 races of some description than a walkout.