British Speedway Forum

Rye House V Berwick... Premier League... 31st May 5pm

Three guests a rider replacement . Personally i think matches like this make a joke of the sport how can it be berwick bandits when less than 50% of team are bandits. Not rye or berwicks fault but in genuine circumstances like this maybe meetings should be cancelled. If for instance berwick won using the team today any fan from rye could in my opinion be rather annoyed.

Cant say I'm expecting much from this match , wins there are rare about as win at Armadale as long as we can get through this meeting without any more injured riders I'll be happy

• Like 1

Now awaiting the overdue first post blaming the promotion.

I would be critical where needs be but there's nothing that could be done.. they've at least tried to pick riders who are in form, know the place or are now in a more suitable team position. I will be there but know this could be painful watching... no doubt others around me will enjoy it though!

• Like 1

You think? Your Tardis should time-travel back to Sept 6, 1980 -- the date on the programme I'm looking at.

Bandits colours listed as "Black and Gold".

I was under the impression that Berwick's official colours have always been Black & Gold. OK, occasionally, the gold ends up looking yellow, but then again the colour Gold is a shade of yellow!

All the best

Rob

• Like 1

Three guests a rider replacement . Personally i think matches like this make a joke of the sport how can it be berwick bandits when less than 50% of team are bandits. Not rye or berwicks fault but in genuine circumstances like this maybe meetings should be cancelled. If for instance berwick won using the team today any fan from rye could in my opinion be rather annoyed.

It could be worse. Last Monday Lakeside went to Wolves without any of their 1 -5, four guests plus RR then Belle Vue visited on Friday with four guests of their own!

Steady drizzle in Hoddesdon now.... Only a matter of time before the meeting is called off

The Bandits prayer mat works again then ?

It could be worse. Last Monday Lakeside went to Wolves without any of their 1 -5, four guests plus RR then Belle Vue visited on Friday with four guests of their own!

Belle Vue won at Lakeside, good choice of guests can win you a meeting.

Belle Vue won at Lakeside, good choice of guests can win you a meeting.

Belle Vue would have won anyway as the guests collectively were unlikely to be any better than the riders they replaced. It is quite possible that we shall lose all our remaining fixtures through something we cannot change, weakness at reserve.

• Like 2

Suggest everyone takes a spare pen.

Indeed a spare pen or pencil and a pair of wellies required, as no doubt the crater in the car park will like be a lake! I am quite amazed the meeting is still on. I wonder if we’ll see a lot of work done in the stadium since last week. I must say the geranium flower bed in front of the long bar looked mighty impressive. At least they’ll like the rain!

Talking of rain, having just walked in the grounds of the Stummings Hall, the grounds are extremely wet, well me back garden is! Let’s hope the breeze will dry the track out and assist in track preparation and we’re not talking Preparation X!

As I asked on the E.L. page, where do the riders come from?

There are plenty of riders about, there are so many misconceptions that there's a shortage of riders.

A squad system, only Brits at reserve and a slightly lower points limit for your 1-7 in each meeting is a very simple solution.

• Like 1

There are plenty of riders about, there are so many misconceptions that there's a shortage of riders.

A squad system, only Brits at reserve and a slightly lower points limit for your 1-7 in each meeting is a very simple solution.

If there is plenty of riders why do we need to double up? and don't tell me it's to give P.L. riders a chance to test the E.L. waters.