British Speedway Forum

World Under 21s

Says in the rulebook that the FMNR (acu in your case) picks the reserves subject to SGP commission approval. I know the Finnish picks were no probs. So who suggested him?

EDIT: the promoter of the event, or the finishing order of the British final. My bad, wrong question.

It wasn't GB final results as that would have been King then Garrity. BSI picked Garrity and Lambert. Lambert was not even in the British final having failed in the semi.

Did Lambert ride in the British final with a foreign (German DMSB) license? How is this possible?

Jason Bunyan, James Sarjeant, Andrew Appleton and Phil Morris have all raced in the NZ titles (and won them a few times between them!) and the Aussies had Nicholls and Lindgren in their a few years ago. So you can invite anyone you like in theory. Lambert does NOT have an ACU license as the SCB have said that is why he didn't do the U21 rounds as they could not nominate him and presumably the DMSB picked Germans.

No, unless the national championship is run as an "open" championship, as in some minor speedway nations such as Latvia, Slovakia, Argentina, etc

The British Championship has never been run as an international open event, it has always been exclusively for ACU license holders only

The Lambert case is certainly worth a further Investigation.

For the individueal Swedish championship, for a rider to be eligible he/she have to be a Swedish citizen and he/She also have to have a valid Swedish license.

Rule 10.12.2 : http://multi.mediapaper.nu/Pdf/?PubId=DD68E34B36A2C71B3560BAEA4565AD03

I agree that both Lambert's and Jensen's cases need to be investigated further. However at least in Jensen's case no one seems to be interested in digging further.

The draw for Lublin, round 2, on the 15th of August:

1. Brady Kurtz

2. Bartosz Zmarzlik

3. Kyle Howarth Michael Härtel (wildcard)

4. Nikolaj B. Jacobsen

5. Emil Grondal

6. Andzejs Lebedevs

7. Pawel Przedpelski

8. Mikkel Michelsen

9. Viktor Kulakov

10. Aleksander Loktaev Valentin Grobauer

11. Stefan Nielsen

12. Max Fricke

13. Maksym Drabik (wildcard)

14. Mikkel Bech Jensen

15. Victor Palovaara

16. Anders Thomsen

--

17. Adrian Cyfer

18. Kacper Woryna

A mature comment from Mikkel Michelsen on speedwaygp.com today.

Basically saying he wil bide his time to get into the senior GP.

It took a lot of money to do the one off wild card in Manilla so he wants to get funding in place and the right level of preparation to sustain a 12 series GP attack.

Sensible head I reckon

Edited by OveFundinFan

Result courtesy of Sportowefakty
1. Paweł Przedpełski (Polska) - 14 (2,3,3,3,3)
2. Bartosz Zmarzlik (Polska) - 12 (3,3,3,3,w)
3. Andrzej Lebiediew (Łotwa) - 11+3 (1,2,3,3,2)
4. Anders Thomsen (Dania) - 11+2 (3,3,d,3,2)
5. Maksym Drabik (Polska) - 10 (0,3,2,2,3)
6. Wiktor Kułakow (Rosja) - 10 (2,2,3,2,1)
7. Max Fricke (Australia) - 7 (1,1,2,2,1)
8. Mikkel Bech (Dania) - 7 (1,1,2,1,2)
9. Stefan Nielsen (Wielka Brytania) - 6 (0,1,2,0,3)
10. Mikkel Michelsen (Dania) - 6 (3,2,u,1,d)
11. Victor Palovaara (Szwecja) - 6 (2,2,0,0,2)
12. Valentin Grobauer (Niemcy) - 5 (3,0,1,w,1)
13. Brady Kurtz (Australia) - 4 (t,1,w,0,3)
14. Nikolaj Busk Jakobsen (Dania) - 4 (2,0,d,1,1)
15. Emil Grondal (Dania) - 3 (0,0,1,2,0)
16. Michael Haertel (Niemcy) - 2 (0,0,1,1,w)
17. Adrian Cyfer (Polska) - 1 (1)
18. Kacper Woryna (Polska) - NS

Michelsen had 2 non finishers. Was thrown off his bike in the titanic scrap with Bech thanks to the huge hole on first bend. An interesting race where Michelsen first had to avoid the Russian then the 2 Danes were throwing bikes at each other. Not for the faint hearted! In his final ride his chain went at the start. The times he finished Michelsen looked quick. Just wasn't his day

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I am and will do.

Having had contact with DMU I've now received the cold treatment and met with a wall of silence. The person that replied to me was high enough in the rankings and tried the easy way out. I then in my most PC manner (I do have that ability) told him how the rule's were and it all stopped after that. Not gonna spam him, though I've even made a plan how. :lol: A couple of Finnish officials have also tried to talk to DMU people in international meetings to ask about this and they have wondered off.

Politically the people who should act on this in SML are a bunch of pussiässes that dont even understand whats happening. So fuk it.

What I know for certain from publically available sources, is that Rasmus Jensen rode in Abensberg as a DMU rider on a DMU allocated slot. Also, if this text or any of this conversation regarding his license will someday reach Rasmus Jensen, I would like to point out that well played to him. I'm not after him, I'm after the cockup in the 2nd and 3rd biggest FMN's in speedway and it's all being swept under the carpet. :neutral:

Having had contact with DMU I've now received the cold treatment and met with a wall of silence. The person that replied to me was high enough in the rankings and tried the easy way out. I then in my most PC manner (I do have that ability) told him how the rule's were and it all stopped after that. Not gonna spam him, though I've even made a plan how. :lol: A couple of Finnish officials have also tried to talk to DMU people in international meetings to ask about this and they have wondered off.

Politically the people who should act on this in SML are a bunch of pussiässes that dont even understand whats happening. So fuk it.

What I know for certain from publically available sources, is that Rasmus Jensen rode in Abensberg as a DMU rider on a DMU allocated slot. Also, if this text or any of this conversation regarding his license will someday reach Rasmus Jensen, I would like to point out that well played to him. I'm not after him, I'm after the cockup in the 2nd and 3rd biggest FMN's in speedway and it's all being swept under the carpet. :neutral:

FSP- I love your English at times-keep going " Poirot" :lol:

Similar unclear situation with Robert Lambert riding in Germany with a German DMSB License, but at the same time he rides as a Brit in the UK National League. How is this possible?

Maybe these riders have got two licences. I've got two national race licenses which is technically not supposed to happen, but no-one ever checks these things ;-)

Maybe these riders have got two licences. I've got two national race licenses which is technically not supposed to happen, but no-one ever checks these things ;-)

From my conversations with SML general manager, the system is not as clear as the rulebook. But we know that Simon Wigg used this system in his time, but do we know that someone has misused it since? So even with the somewhat shaky control, the system has actually worked.

• 2 weeks later...