British Speedway Forum

World Under 21s

Was planning on stirring this license pot myself, so wanted to know what the situation is currently. I also believe what Jesper states above.

The fact is though, that a can of worms has been opened and if no one will raise their hand to call "my mistake" I will pull all the strings available and use my political power (not much but still) to make it happen that Timo Lahti can ride on a SVEMO license in Sweden next year but ride for SML in the SGP qualis.

Was planning on stirring this license pot myself, so wanted to know what the situation is currently. I also believe what Jesper states above.

The fact is though, that a can of worms has been opened and if no one will raise their hand to call "my mistake" I will pull all the strings available and use my political power (not much but still) to make it happen that Timo Lahti can ride on a SVEMO license in Sweden next year but ride for SML in the SGP qualis.

As if that is going to make any difference to his performances :rofl::rofl::P

Well don't stop at 2,try for all the Scandinavian licences then :P

Timo Lahti taking Kenneth Bjerre's allocation in the GP qualis... Like the sound of that! And if he happens to miss on the first try, he'll ride instead of Lindgren in the next! :lol:

• Like 1

Timo Lahti taking Kenneth Bjerre's allocation in the GP qualis... Like the sound of that! And if he happens to miss on the first try, he'll ride instead of Lindgren in the next! :lol:

And what about an Estonian one if all else fails?Finnish and Estonan are almost the same language,so I heard :rofl:

And what about an Estonian one if all else fails?Finnish and Estonan are almost the same language,so I heard :rofl:

Yeah but they are not in the "system" yet. Havent seen any requests for allocations ever in any CCP discipline.

But head's up, they do have some decent 85cc kids coming: Lattik, Lill, Angelstok, Lappi, Belsing... If they can get on a 2stroke 85cc next summer, they might REALLY shake feathers in Finnish meetings. Actually they are already stirring the standings this summer. And then there's Ken Viidas junior in 50cc...

Similar unclear situation with Robert Lambert riding in Germany with a German DMSB License, but at the same time he rides as a Brit in the UK National League. How is this possible?

Lambert does not have a British/ACU licence, it's why he could not do the GP qualifiers, the U21s and why the ACU tried to stop him riding at Cardiff.

Lambert does not have a British/ACU licence, it's why he could not do the GP qualifiers, the U21s and why the ACU tried to stop him riding at Cardiff.

Says in the rulebook that the FMNR (acu in your case) picks the reserves subject to SGP commission approval. I know the Finnish picks were no probs. So who suggested him?

EDIT: the promoter of the event, or the finishing order of the British final. My bad, wrong question.

Edited by f-s-p

In Germany you can only ride in the German championship with a DMSB license.... In The Netherlands for example everyone can enter.

So it looks like it's different in the UK (based on nationalities?). I can't find it in the regs.

Or... he (Lambert) is also on two licenses haha.

Guess national titles can be run as open meetings.Seem to recall Christian Hefenbrock being Latvian Champ or at least in the title meeting and he didn't have a Latvian licence

Edited by iris123

Guess national titles can be run as open meetings.Seem to recall Christian Hefenbrock being Latvian Champ or at least in the title meeting and he didn't have a Latvian licence

Recent Latvian Champs had Nike Lunna and Renat Gafurov riding. Finnish Champs is also open, Alexei Guzaev RU entered this year.

Edited by f-s-p
  • Like 1

I think national championships is based on nationality and not licence? Maybe both o

is required?

No, unless the national championship is run as an "open" championship, as in some minor speedway nations such as Latvia, Slovakia, Argentina, etc

The British Championship has never been run as an international open event, it has always been exclusively for ACU license holders only.

Remember Simon Wigg, in the early 1990s, when riding with a Dutch KNMV license, or Marvyn Cox when holdign a German DMSB license, they could not compete in the British Championship in those years. They would have to (and did) ride in the Dutch or respectively the German Championships. I also remember the American John Cook riding in, an once even winning the Swedish Championship, when he held a SVEMO license.

As Robert Lambert currently has a German DMSB license, he would have to ride in the German Champiosnhip, instead of the British Championship.

The only exception is in regard of representing You national team, where the license does not have an influence. This is decided by Your nationality (passport), regardless of the racing license. That's why Lambert can only ride for Team GB, and can not ride for Team Germany, even with a German DMSB license.

The Lambert case is certainly worth a further Investigation.

The only exception is in regard of representing You national team, where the license does not have an influence. This is decided by Your nationality (passport), regardless of the racing license. That's why Lambert can only ride for Team GB, and can not ride for Team Germany, even with a German DMSB license.

No. It's for Lambert to choose which country he wants to represent in team events. Passport gives you possibilities, not taking them away.

Not in any case, f-s-p.

A rider has to have the nationally / passport of the country that he wants to ride for in team events. Only a rider with dual nationality can chose to ride for one or other. But there are not many riders, who have dual nationality - Kylmäkorpi is one, he can chose to represent either Finland or Sweden. Then there is Holta (Norway/Poland), and Loktaev (Russia/Ukraine).

It certainly does not apply in Lambert's case. He is British, so he has to ride for Britain or not at all. Even if he wanted to, he can not ride for the German national team, unless he becomes a German.

Not in any case, f-s-p.

A rider has to have the nationally / passport of the country that he wants to ride for in team events. Only a rider with dual nationality can chose to ride for one or other. But there are not many riders, who have dual nationality - Kylmäkorpi is one, he can chose to represent either Finland or Sweden. Then there is Holta (Norway/Poland), and Loktaev (Russia/Ukraine).

It certainly does not apply in Lambert's case. He is British, so he has to ride for Britain or not at all. Even if he wanted to, he can not ride for the German national team, unless he becomes a German.

You are right. A nationality/passport is needed. For some reason I thought (/took for granted) Lambert has a German passport... Like said, passport give's you possibilities.

Edited by f-s-p