British Speedway Forum

Gerhard Engine

but you cnt expect a rider in the champions league to ride like Freddie, nor the vast majority in the premier division.

Of course not but we're told the engines are the same so what will happen is if an NL rider can't thrash another NL rider they'll assume the engines a bag of nails when in fact it's just them that is not so good.

This will be the same as you move up the leagues.

Marcel Gerhard, Suter Racing and Freddie Lindgren have raised the bar of the GTR brand so riders from any level will be expected the highest standards.

Reliability is no longer the only expectation.

I cant really see any rider expecting to jump on any bike with the same engine as a GP rider and expect to be like a GP rider. Thats silly and I dont hink speedway riders are that silly

don't underestimate how gullible riders can be when it comes to speedway engines
  • Like 5

It is true but Gerhard have made a rod for their own back a little bit.

That would be a titanium rod, of course :)

It is true but Gerhard have made a rod for their own back a little bit.

Rider's purchasing these engines ain't just looking for reliability, they're now expecting Freddie Lindgren speed with that reliability.

Doyle is leading the GPs on a GM but buying one of them won't win me (or a random NL rider) a World Title any time soon so why expect it of a Gerhard? It still only as good as the rider twisting the throttle and setting it up with his mechanic.

Doyle is leading the GPs on a GM but buying one of them won't win me (or a random NL rider) a World Title any time soon so why expect it of a Gerhard? It still only as good as the rider twisting the throttle and setting it up with his mechanic.

There's a massive difference, everybody knows the GM has to go to an over priced special tuner to be the same as Doyle.

Everyone is told all GTR's are the same, including Lindgren's so the expectations are set way higher.

I would imagine the GTR Freddie is riding now is a lot different to what Chris Harris was riding 2 years ago.

The reason Marcel is in the pits virtually every GP is not to top up the fuel in Freddies tank, but to discus/get feedback the response to any tweaks Marcel has made.

The result of that feedback will be in future GTRs no doubt

Thats exactly how GM would have progressed, any any sort of engine, frame, chassis whether speedway or F1

Riders are like Sheep, anyone remember the front wheel spoiler, Wiggy had one, within a week they were everywhere.

Then there was a televised meeting where slow motion footage showed someone's roost hitting one and the rider falling. I don't remember if it was actually proven to be the cause of the fall but the spoilers disappeared quickly after that. Wasn't it Tommy Knudsen?

Then there was a televised meeting where slow motion footage showed someone's roost hitting one and the rider falling. I don't remember if it was actually proven to be the cause of the fall but the spoilers disappeared quickly after that. Wasn't it Tommy Knudsen?

Wasn't it Hans Nielsen, or maybe it was Tommy K and Nielsen stopped using his straight after the incident, I think

Sure you are right, in a GP was it Wroclaw?

What's a 'roost'?

Riders are like Sheep, anyone remember the front wheel spoiler, Wiggy had one, within a week they were everywhere.

The same is true of right leg dangling off mid-way through the bend - just makes it unstable and no faster.

• Like 1

The same is true of right leg dangling off mid-way through the bend - just makes it unstable and no faster.

I think that is very often true but equally with the way riders get bikes so upright by hanging off the inside so early these days I think it's it's sometimes needed to keep their balance as well.

• 2 weeks later...